These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The "THOUSAND PAPERCUTS" project *REBORN!*

First post
Author
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-10-14 02:43:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
I would like torps to show my max range factoring in ramp up time.

I know, I know.

"do the math"
"knock off a few km for ramp up"

Seriously, I shouldn't have to.

You don't have to make a hypothesis based on subtracting your minimum from maximum and then knocking off a few random km in order to get your optimal turret range.

It says it right there on your d@mn info and that's the actual range you'll get.

Why can't we have that with torps and other missiles?
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#22 - 2011-10-14 04:36:23 UTC
display damage of faction/tech2 crystals on mouseover without the need undock or fitt the item (in cargo, hangar... etc).

(nice2have: find a better way to visualize damage instead of the boring tooltip)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#23 - 2011-10-14 04:54:09 UTC
drone UI:

add common orders like launch/engage/come_back to the drone window. This shortens the mouse movement and does not require the context menu. (context menu is a UI anti-pattern for often used tasks!). The engage button does not make sense on the target info window if you think about it (there is no engage with guns).

overheat UI:

- buttons should be larger, a few pixel is not enough
- remove the button if the skill is not trained, noobs use the mouse more often than vets and its more likely that they hit it ending up confused since the weapon does not react etc

bug #117147 please, this looks like it could be easy to fix

50 fittings:

- keep the limit if you like but add an "external fittings" folder
- third party tools may dump fittings there, those are not stored on the server
- client notices updates automatically, no new ui required

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#24 - 2011-10-14 05:04:12 UTC
much better

remember keep it simple.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Dietrich III
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#25 - 2011-10-14 06:13:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Dietrich III
I can copy bookmarks to a secure can that I own (aka: I was the last person to jettison it) from my People & Places folder directly to the can, but anybody else (who I have highest standing set to) must first copy bookmarks to cargo and then move from cargo to the can. This extra step is unnecessary.

Why isn't there a confirmation box for deleting bookmarks? I tried to edit a BM today, missed the edit button (which is just one option above "remove bookmark") and deleted it without confirmation! D'oh.

There is a map overlay that uses the Remote Sensing skill to show a player, in light-years, how far they can manage their colonies with Planetary Interaction. Why is there no map overlay that shows how far, in light-years, my current jumpdrive-equipped ship can jump?

If I join a fleet with random players who I do not have standing set to (like an Incursion fleet), there is no way to set up the overview so that I can see my members in fleet without also showing players I have neutral standing to. This fills my "fleet only" overview with a bunch of people who aren't in my fleet...useless! The "show fleet members" option should show fleet members regardless of your standing towards them if everything else is unchecked.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#26 - 2011-10-14 13:30:33 UTC
- jettison items when dragged/dropped to space

- instead aurora saying "you can not do X while you are cloaked" it should instead decloak the ship and do X.

- fix t3 fittings window, ship does not update its model, CQ model is updated properly however.

- t3 ship icon should show the actual look of the t3 with its subsystems instead of a generic t3

- find a better way to switch weapon ammunition. e.g add another small button to each gun, something like the overheat button (again: context menu is evil, try to replace all common tasks with UI)

- add range/falloff/tracking, speed/flighttime info to the turret/launchers -> mouseover maybe. Thats the most common reason why you open the weapon info in fight. (e.g disrupted weapon, you just switched ship and can't remember the values)

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2011-10-14 13:31:57 UTC
I want to be able to hit enter to sell an item again....
Goose Sokarad
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-10-14 13:40:57 UTC
With chatboxes you got your local,corp,alliance,intel,and friends channels and when you have them all pinned together your not always sure which box your typing in.The chatbox your in should be highlighted in a way that you should know exactly what chatbox your in and you dont type in the wrong one.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-10-14 15:08:24 UTC
Blob columns.

When you put your cursor over a blob of ships is becomes a column, however, targets below, above, or beside the blob, but still close, won't be in the colum and sometimes get a bit in the way.

So expand the width of which the column is determined off of to get all those targets in the column.

Just makes life a little easier that way.
1-Up Mushroom
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2011-10-15 18:23:34 UTC
Really want this moved back to General Discussion Sad
5 Senses In A Person... 4 Seasons In A Year... 3 Colors In A Stoplight... 2 Poles On The Earth... ONLY 1-UP MUSHROOM!!!  If You Like My Sig, Like Me!   Remember EVE is EVErything!
betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2011-10-17 02:05:43 UTC
Can I see the health of my unlaunched drones please?

... and it would be nice if the did what they were told too...
Luckytania
Bullets of Justice
#32 - 2011-10-17 17:33:47 UTC
When I click the "x" / close window button I want that window to close.
Every. Damn. Time.

This problem started with Incarna.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#33 - 2011-10-17 17:44:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Solstice Project wrote:

Something semi-related to above.

There are people in highsec with bounty on their heads,
yet they aren't criminals and i'm not free to shoot them.

This really makes no sense! :)

There was this guy undocking at the station, undocking,
having a too low faction standing, so the local police popped his ship.

There was enough time to check him, because i always check when the message appears.
(criminal bla you will be punished bla)

He had 20 Million ISK on his head and when his pod appeared ...
... the next step simply was a logical consequence ... lock, point, shoot.

CONCORD comes and blows me away,
while at the same time confirming the transaction of 20 Million ISK bounty to my wallet.

Simply makes no sense.

Oh and ...

I really hope he believed nobody would ever shoot him anyway,
just because it's ******* highsec. :)

Plus 1000 props to you ;)

While I have some good friends -10 and roam with often it's all clear for me that in high sec a red who is not blued (standings) = kaboum him or me but kaboum !

Just has you said, makes no sense Concord shoots us by doing so.
(still, arty trasher is cheap and fine for this)

Edit: stuff getting me nervous?

1-The FRACKING excell windows all over my screen wasting the graphic awesomness of this game !! CCP do it NAO !!

2-Not being able to learn some stupid skill (another one) and after this being able to set coordinates x-y-z -> warp to !!!

3-Insta lock - min locking time required sould not go under 2.5sec no matter how many links/upgrades you put on your dam thing

4- Mining barges/exhumers: mining is already tedious and the crapyest thing to do in the game, make at least those ships align/warp faster, give them more tank and slots +pg/cpu, make them funny to use !!

5- Drones...do I really need to say some more stuff about drones? -I don't think so.

6-logistic ships that can't be cap stable without...logistics or downgrade fitting! -that should make sens for everyone and his granma when you take a close look to the skills required (all related to 5 not less), and should not need fitting implants...

7- FORUM: tbh you loose all will to live with this timer making your posts disapear, you need to "copy" and eventually "pasta" at each reset....nice stuff !
Saffin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-10-17 18:10:47 UTC
My paper cut change would be.

In a recent patch (as part of the paper cuts stuff i believe) it was changed so that when you stack items they are automatically sorted again afterwards. This sounds fine, and is in most cases, however i would like another option to stack without sort.

My reason, there may be others.
I used to have a container with 1 of every meta level 4 item in it. So every so often i would put all my loot into the can and stack. This sorted the wheat from the chaff in a very quick way. As everything past the last item that started in tha can was put for reprocessing.

There is however another way to fix this, put a 1,2,3, or 4 on the front of items like tech 2 and faction have that denote their meta level. Having to go through checking the show info all the items im not sure about is VERY tiresome.

Regards

Saf
betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-10-17 18:23:22 UTC
you should be able to do everything from a station container that you can from your hanger (sell, repro, etc)
Solinuas
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2011-10-17 19:58:01 UTC
Be able to close windows from a right click menu, because the damn things keep wandering off my screen and then i have to relog to get rid of them, or even move them. -.-
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-10-18 00:54:31 UTC
sell multiple items at once.....lovely
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2011-10-18 02:24:11 UTC
OH, an actual timer on mining lasers that displayes their actual "seconds" duration so that it's easier to figure when to turn them off instead of just guessing based on where the meter bar is at.
Dantes Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2011-10-19 11:21:24 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
display damage of faction/tech2 crystals on mouseover without the need undock or fitt the item (in cargo, hangar... etc).

(nice2have: find a better way to visualize damage instead of the boring tooltip)

You fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail to jump because you are cloaked

possibly the best signature to date =D

made me laugh, ty

"Before you diagnose yourself with low selfesteem and depression, you should first make sure, that you are not just, in fact, surrounded by assholes".

Dantes Wolf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2011-10-19 11:25:58 UTC
Saffin wrote:
My paper cut change would be.

In a recent patch (as part of the paper cuts stuff i believe) it was changed so that when you stack items they are automatically sorted again afterwards. This sounds fine, and is in most cases, however i would like another option to stack without sort.

My reason, there may be others.
I used to have a container with 1 of every meta level 4 item in it. So every so often i would put all my loot into the can and stack. This sorted the wheat from the chaff in a very quick way. As everything past the last item that started in tha can was put for reprocessing.

There is however another way to fix this, put a 1,2,3, or 4 on the front of items like tech 2 and faction have that denote their meta level. Having to go through checking the show info all the items im not sure about is VERY tiresome.

Regards

Saf

+1 for the idea there - if they fix it ima grab it =)

"Before you diagnose yourself with low selfesteem and depression, you should first make sure, that you are not just, in fact, surrounded by assholes".