These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Plex pricing regards Character Transfer

Author
Skera
Century Mining Corporation
#1 - 2012-08-27 11:06:30 UTC
How come you demand 2 x plex that cost 20€, when a single char transfer by cash is 20€ That is more or less stealing / overtaxation.. Is it a mistake that you've set 2 plex cards due to not having seen that price differential?

If its by default you've set it at 2 plex its kind of a complete disrespect to your players, and a rather steep change compared to your otherwise fair pricing system.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-08-27 12:32:58 UTC
2x plex = 1x GTC = $35 ( roughly 27.9 EUR) ...

alternatively, 2x PLEX = roughly 1b ISK = 0.00 EUR.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Skera
#3 - 2012-08-27 13:02:18 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

If you login to your account page, and try to buy a plex directly from ccp, they price it at €19,95

Also, 1 gtc is still more than the credit value of the transfer, still at €20

As such there are a differential and disadvantage of using the offer, compared to everything else..
Skera
#4 - 2012-08-27 13:04:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Skera
As for 1 billion isk for 2 plex, that is kind of irrelevant compared to the situation. If you make that comparison i would still say that 1 plex = 1 month of gametime, one plex is still priced at €19,95 by ccp themselves.

So by that they should remove the 1 plex from their sales or lower the price on 1 plex on their offerpage..

1 Month
30 days

€14.95 a month
€14.95 total

This is taken from their webpage for actual currency subscription.
Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-08-27 13:33:28 UTC
So EvE is too expensive for you?

Sorry to hear that.

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Skera
#6 - 2012-08-27 13:52:17 UTC
Colonel Xaven wrote:
So EvE is too expensive for you?

Sorry to hear that.

Wasnt saying that sir, i was just asking in what others was feeling regarding the mismatch, and trying to get a discussion going on the matter, thats all.

Shouldnt be anything wrong in that sir :)

Also, i dont think i was behaving rude to you?
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#7 - 2012-08-27 15:42:14 UTC
If CCP decides they feel like charging more for certain types of payment, that's their choice, since it's their game.

And I would bet that what really happened is that they set char transfers at 20 and made it 2x PLEX because otherwise PLEX would be cheaper. It's just a simple rounding up from 1.5 PLEX to 2 PLEX.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#8 - 2012-08-27 16:18:34 UTC
Skera wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

If you login to your account page, and try to buy a plex directly from ccp, they price it at €19,95

Also, 1 gtc is still more than the credit value of the transfer, still at €20

As such there are a differential and disadvantage of using the offer, compared to everything else..

yeah, which is why you don't buy direct from CCP ;)

PLEX has a myriad of uses:
30d Gametime
3500 AUR (I think, right?)
half the character xfer fee

Skera wrote:
As for 1 billion isk for 2 plex, that is kind of irrelevant compared to the situation. If you make that comparison i would still say that 1 plex = 1 month of gametime, one plex is still priced at €19,95 by ccp themselves.

Some people (of which I am included, at times) make enough ISK in a month to say that 500m is nothing, and will plex the account. They play "for free" (well, someone else paid for their month's game time ... but meh). That same thinking can be applied to using PLEX for character xfer.

It's not that "$20 is too much, or PLEX is unfair" rather than just "PLEX is easy, and I have the ISK for it"

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia