These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Chimera Description vs EvE Wiki Description

Author
Commander Saru
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-08-26 23:32:31 UTC
So I was looking at the chimera description in-game and saw as I knew already that during he first caldari-gallente war one was flown in caldari prime by Admiral Yakia Tovil-Toba. However when I looked up the caldari-gallente war on the wikipedia page and the page on the Admiral himself, it was spelt Yakya Tovil-Toba. (Notice the "ya" instead of the "ia")

So I put it to the forums and maybe someone official. Which one is correct?

I would hate for such a prestigious man of the Caldari Navy to be dishonored after giving his life to save fellow Caldari from the wrath of the vile Gallente Federation.

Grammar Nazi's will be ignored! (until I look up the dictionary to check if they are right!(then they will be ignored further)

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#2 - 2012-08-26 23:39:42 UTC
I prefer the first spelling, but that's just my humble opinion. Cool
Frying Doom
#3 - 2012-08-26 23:41:57 UTC
Don't bring up the Wiki, there are so many things wrong and outdated in that. They would have to stop all other work for a year just to fix it up.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Verone
Veto Corp
#4 - 2012-08-26 23:54:22 UTC
The correct spelling is Yakia Tovil-Toba.

Smile

Verone CEO & Executor Veto Corp WWW.VETO-CORP.COM

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#5 - 2012-08-27 04:40:21 UTC
Seriously.... Spelling mistakes is forum worthy?

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#6 - 2012-08-27 04:43:46 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:

I highly doubt general discussion is worthy of anything.
Luis Graca
#7 - 2012-08-27 04:45:46 UTC
Seems like someone needs to have a real life outside EVE
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#8 - 2012-08-27 04:49:46 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#9 - 2012-08-27 04:50:32 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:
Seems like someone needs to have a real life outside EVE

says the one posting on the web board... in this topic... right now.
LilRemmy
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-08-27 08:20:09 UTC
the eve wiki is terrible, I learned it the hard way how bad and outdated it is.
Alayna Le'line
#11 - 2012-08-27 08:28:42 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:

People tend to be a tad more sensitive about name misspellings than other things (doubly so if it is their own name). Can't say I really blame them.

Then again, we're talking about some Caldari zealot, so who cares. Kill 'em all and erase them from the history books, problem solved ;)
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#12 - 2012-08-27 18:31:06 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:

I highly doubt general discussion is worthy of anything.

Touche

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-08-27 21:18:27 UTC
Commander Saru wrote:
So I was looking at the chimera description in-game and saw as I knew already that during he first caldari-gallente war one was flown in caldari prime by Admiral Yakia Tovil-Toba. However when I looked up the caldari-gallente war on the wikipedia page and the page on the Admiral himself, it was spelt Yakya Tovil-Toba. (Notice the "ya" instead of the "ia")

So I put it to the forums and maybe someone official. Which one is correct?

I would hate for such a prestigious man of the Caldari Navy to be dishonored after giving his life to save fellow Caldari from the wrath of the vile Gallente Federation.

Grammar ****'s will be ignored! (until I look up the dictionary to check if they are right!(then they will be ignored further)

Both should mention:
"The frequent use of Chimaera might render depressive making you cry all over the place and will undoubtedly lead you to be trolled on Eve O-forums. Never not use under 80 YO and always jump blind."

brb

Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-08-28 00:38:16 UTC
I thought the purpose of the wiki model is that if something is wrong, you can always publish a correction...

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-08-28 00:40:48 UTC
Matriarch Prime wrote:
I thought the purpose of the wiki model is that if something is wrong, you can always publish a correction...

That would require enough caring to do that Straight

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny