These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

It's full of stars.

Author
Wiso Serious
Adsky
#1 - 2012-08-26 21:54:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Wiso Serious
The Black Monolith

I remember first encountering this object as part of my pilgrimage to see the eve gate back in '09. Not much thought was given to it other than being a reference to the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Skip ahead to now and I believe I understand why it is full of stars, thanks to a TV show exploring theories of time travel. They had a segment explaining how one day computer simulations could replicate the past, present and future so perfectly that it would be indistinguishable from reality.

So what ARE these monoliths seen in this game? Black boxes of sort housing the hardware needed to simulate realities - complete with stars and all the jazz that comes with it.

Perhaps an allusion to what EVE really is, a simulated reality... full of stars!

do I get a prize now? Lol *hint* cookies
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-08-26 23:35:47 UTC
No, no prize, because this definitely isn't the forum for that. Maybe GD, if you want to be trolled in return, or whatever passes for an RP forum on here (I CBA to look because I don't care for RP, Eve has more metagame than RP anyways).

As to the actual content of the post, *shrug*, so what?
Wiso Serious
Adsky
#3 - 2012-08-27 03:21:52 UTC
mxzf wrote:
No, no prize, because this definitely isn't the forum for that. Maybe GD, if you want to be trolled in return, or whatever passes for an RP forum on here (I CBA to look because I don't care for RP, Eve has more metagame than RP anyways).

fair enough, ill chance the GD forums Cool

mxzf wrote:
As to the actual content of the post, *shrug*, so what?

just speculation lol, forum safe o/