These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Eve Pirate Groups

Author
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#41 - 2012-08-23 22:02:57 UTC
Was quite a threadnought about it, the basic impression was that it wouldnt solve any of the gatecamp issues while at the same time murdering any chance of having a fight on a gate that lasted longer than a few minutes.

as for the crimewatch changes we still havent heard anything more about those.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Possum's Awesome
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
#42 - 2012-08-23 22:28:10 UTC
1. yar har diddly dee

2. i tried to fly solo, he sic'd his wookie on me

3. ???

4. eve booty: http://images.mmosite.com/news/2006/07/03/eve_plhub2.jpg
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#43 - 2012-08-24 06:03:02 UTC
hellsknights wrote:
Im not sure but i know there was some talk of a gate gun mechanic change in the mix for EVE, did it get implemented ???

If not and for those of you who have no clue about the change, well here it is in a nut shell.

The gate guns would have progression damage, meaning the first shot would not kill a frig and the 100th shot on gate would pop a carrier. These are obvious estamations but the damage would increase per shot.

How would this impact the low sec community, mainly pirates doing gate camps???

YAaAaAaaAAaArRrRrrrrrR

As mentionned im not even sure if this will be implemented or not.....


Static camps (station or gate)--> Harder to impossible

Longer Gate fights would die (escalations)

pounce camps-->no influence

popping cynos with noob ships at station--> yipiehh (as they want to make the first few shots of the guns tankable for frigs)

CSM Hans assured us that CCP Greyscale does not think of implement it "yet" but in the opinion of many that only means they postpone it a bit until things calm down and then could suddenly implement it...
We will see...

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Gibbo3771
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-08-24 17:07:56 UTC
Last pirate corp I was in was Blood Money Inc, it was great and there was loads of other pirate corps around as well.

Those however dont exist anymore or/have taken up dishonor ganks and orca gate camping.

Real piracy died the day ISK became worthless.
Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-08-24 17:36:43 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:

Those however dont exist anymore or/have taken up dishonor ganks and orca gate camping.

Real piracy died the day ISK became worthless.


i love the propaganda in this thread. crymoar failpirate.

You know who has two thumbs and makes an earnest living purely from pvp loot, salvage and ransoms?
.
.
.
This guy (pointing two thumbs at myself)

I has all the eve inactivity

hellsknights
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-08-24 21:02:18 UTC
If they decide to implement the gate gun dmg progression i think it would be a shame......

In all honesty they need to increase the value of low sec systems to attrack more high seccers to that area. For those not wanting to go to 0.0 to pvp without the sec hits.

For the high sec guys the isk vs security is simply not worth them heading to low sec.

But anyhow in my 6 years of EvE and 4+ years of pirating i have to say piracy is the part of EvE i love best, the only part i disliked is the seccing up part when you decide you want to fly a ship in high sec again :p.

YAAaAaAAaAaaArRrRrrRrrR

To Verone, when you decide to become active again hit me up, i would love to fly with a pilot of the glory days of pirating :)


YaAaAaaaaaaAAaAaRrRrRrrR yes i did it twice..
Aerich e'Kieron
Peace.Keepers
#47 - 2012-08-24 21:21:01 UTC
I lol'd

This was a funny thread.
Maeltstome
Academy of the Unseen Arts
The Potato Alliance
#48 - 2012-08-25 00:31:50 UTC
To be fair Jump Freightors have ruined eve. Statinos in every nullsec system, no need to ever run lo-sec camps in vulnerable ships... They are the reason 0.0 is so ******** right now... it's too easy to play when you can cyno-chain that ammount of stuff up quickly.
Lord breathenstein
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2012-08-25 16:13:21 UTC
Verone wrote:
hellsknights wrote:
Nice to see you Verone, hope you back in the mix of EvE again. We all know you will :p.


Trust me, I'll be around mate Blink




Bloody Macum!


Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#50 - 2012-08-25 16:22:47 UTC
There is no such thing as a pirate.

Just undiscriminating pvpers

And there is a bunch around, most just don't like bothering with recruiting.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#51 - 2012-08-25 16:56:49 UTC
Want to make a living killing players, hisec is where it is. Suicide ganks and extortion :-)
Verone
Veto Corp
#52 - 2012-08-26 20:58:46 UTC
hellsknights wrote:
To Verone, when you decide to become active again hit me up, i would love to fly with a pilot of the glory days of pirating :)


Will do mate, but don't hold your breath. If things work out in my personal and professional life, that's not going to happen. Smile


Verone CEO & Executor Veto Corp WWW.VETO-CORP.COM

hellsknights
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-08-27 20:49:34 UTC
Verone wrote:
hellsknights wrote:
To Verone, when you decide to become active again hit me up, i would love to fly with a pilot of the glory days of pirating :)


Will do mate, but don't hold your breath. If things work out in my personal and professional life, that's not going to happen. Smile





I wish you the best of luck!
Titus Veridius
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#54 - 2012-08-29 20:47:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Titus Veridius
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
There is no such thing as a pirate.

Just undiscriminating pvpers

And there is a bunch around, most just don't like bothering with recruiting.


I had some TL:DR comments on this post and then EVE-O ate it. Hence I'm going to order some pizza, maybe shoot myself in the face, and then think about retyping.
Tetsel
House Amamake
#55 - 2012-08-30 23:14:25 UTC
Verone wrote:

Since I'm no longer playing, but still have my subs running for now, I'll give a little (relatively) unbiased opinion.

I've never considered corporations who just sit and gate camp and/or smartbomb all day as pirate, in all fairness. It's just laziness and fear of having to actually do some work, as cost effective as it might be.


Ho God you should have stayed loged off also from forum if you came here to write those old ****** statement...
Waiting your next post about e-honor and/or RP as pirate...

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

dethleffs
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2012-08-31 09:46:28 UTC
Tetsel wrote:
Verone wrote:

Since I'm no longer playing, but still have my subs running for now, I'll give a little (relatively) unbiased opinion.

I've never considered corporations who just sit and gate camp and/or smartbomb all day as pirate, in all fairness. It's just laziness and fear of having to actually do some work, as cost effective as it might be.


Ho God you should have stayed loged off also from forum if you came here to write those old ****** statement...
Waiting your next post about e-honor and/or RP as pirate...



That's a rather unpleasant thing to say, why the hate exactly?
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#57 - 2012-08-31 11:57:54 UTC
dethleffs wrote:
That's a rather unpleasant thing to say, why the hate exactly?
Tetsel cannot use his orca on the forum, so he cannot hide his rage.

LET IT GO KID

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#58 - 2012-08-31 16:23:32 UTC
Reppyk wrote:
dethleffs wrote:
That's a rather unpleasant thing to say, why the hate exactly?
Tetsel cannot use his orca on the forum, so he cannot hide his rage.

LET IT GO KID


good to see some french on french action on these forums. Also, NEED MOAR PIRATE EPEEN WAVING 'cause this thread is waaaaaaayyyyy to polite for our circle

I has all the eve inactivity

Mane Frehm
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#59 - 2012-08-31 16:27:31 UTC
We are terrible as we have no epeen to wave (lost it somewhere).
Jude Lloyd
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-08-31 21:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jude Lloyd
Heretic Army is strong and active still. Except for 1 or 2 guys sitting on Orcas, we mostly do solo/small gang hunting atm.




Oh and we are nearing our 6th year in lowsec PVP. \o/

I'm back!