These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Why do you fight for the Factions?

Author
Urthel Drengist
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-08-25 12:54:15 UTC
As the title suggests, for those of you who fight alongside the armies of the Factions and the governments behind them. Why do you fight for what you do? Is it Patriotism? Money? morals? rights? or else what is it...?


Thank you in advance for answering.


Urthel Drengist

Urthel Drengist

C.E.O and Founder of Drengist Intergalactic Liberal Enterprises Ltd. [L.I.D.E.L ] 

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-08-25 16:51:35 UTC
I'm studying to join the Federal Defense Union because having visited worlds ravaged by conquest and harsh dictatorships, I discovered just how amazingly precious freedom and the rights of the individual are, and how important it is to protect the Federation's way of life at any cost.

Of course it also stands to reason that if one values freedom one should also be willing to fight in order to bring it to those who cry out for it, to help those who can not help themselves..
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
zacharia Mindu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-08-25 17:31:10 UTC
I will soon be trying to get in to the amarr milita since I used to be ammarrian myself and have learned you can fight for other factions that arnt yourown, I want to serve the empress and the empire.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." -The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Urthel Drengist
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-08-25 17:34:15 UTC
zacharia Mindu wrote:
I will soon be trying to get in to the amarr milita since I used to be ammarrian myself and have learned you can fight for other factions that arnt yourown, I want to serve the empress and the empire.



So you are thinking of joining in other words because of patriotism ?

Urthel Drengist

C.E.O and Founder of Drengist Intergalactic Liberal Enterprises Ltd. [L.I.D.E.L ] 

zacharia Mindu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-08-25 17:41:02 UTC
Urthel Drengist wrote:
zacharia Mindu wrote:
I will soon be trying to get in to the amarr milita since I used to be ammarrian myself and have learned you can fight for other factions that arnt yourown, I want to serve the empress and the empire.



So you are thinking of joining in other words because of patriotism ?

Yes that's a word for it.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." -The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2012-08-25 17:47:21 UTC
Why do we fight? Because... because this is our duty to fight.
This is a duty we hold to our families, to our corporations, to our friends, to our colleagues and to our own consciousness.

The part of us, that is named 'government' is only the most skilled, the most merited, and the most wise part of us. This isn't the government in sense of gallenteans, where it is just fools, loved and elected by crowd. Our government is our high command, that knows where are we better to be deployed, where to fight and whom to fight. Even if we are sacrificed by these decisions, there are many others who will be saved.

Everyone should do their job, for we are trained and prepared to it. It is we, who should fight, not farmers with shotguns, not children with home made grenades. We hold responsibility for them, because if we won't fight, they will. We protect their lives, their way of lives and their future. Because it is our own future that we are fighting for, and even if we won't see it, others will.

We fight for our own way of life, as we see it fit. We won't allow part of our labor go to gallentean beurocrats to feed their fat arses. We won't allow them to dictate rule of the crowd and replace skilled managers by pretty loved stupid puppets. We fight for our property, for our land and for our planets. Because they belong to us. They are ours. And we will say it not only with words, but with guns. Should you take a Caldari property, Caldari will come to you and take it back. This is what we do.

Do you want to find one day, that you corporation is taken by some gallentean magnate? That you have to go and vote for some crowd choosen fools? That you have to wear gallentean stupid hat, praise senseless democracy and give your property to them, because they voted so? That your children are tought bullshit in schools, and you are denied to take a position, that you have skilled to, because you are caldari and gallentean peoples don't love you and don't vote for you? Do you want to see your planet in stagnation, degradation and decay because of poorly chosen incapable gallentean manegement?

I hope not.

And this won't happen, until we keep them firing.

This is our ultimate answer. This is a thousands of 'NO's, said with volleys of railgun shells, tearing apart ugly gallentean hulls. Our answer is louder than words. Our answer is so strong, that makes deaf gallentean politicians start to listen us, and that makes gallentean presidents abandon their positions. And our fire is so strong, because we do it together. We do it as one, for the purpose is one. And fighting together makes us stronger. We will hold battles in sky, we will take them on ground. We will blob their fleets, and we will kite them and fight when outnumbered. We will kill many, and when the time will come, we will die. Because it is our duty.

But until this day comes, we will be answering them, as we should.
With fire and steel.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

zacharia Mindu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-08-25 18:08:15 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Why do we fight? Because... because this is our duty to fight.
This is a duty we hold to our families, to our corporations, to our friends, to our colleagues and to our own consciousness.

The part of us, that is named 'government' is only the most skilled, the most merited, and the most wise part of us. This isn't the government in sense of gallenteans, where it is just fools, loved and elected by crowd. Our government is our high command, that knows where are we better to be deployed, where to fight and whom to fight. Even if we are sacrificed by these decisions, there are many others who will be saved.

Everyone should do their job, for we are trained and prepared to it. It is we, who should fight, not farmers with shotguns, not children with home made grenades. We hold responsibility for them, because if we won't fight, they will. We protect their lives, their way of lives and their future. Because it is our own future that we are fighting for, and even if we won't see it, others will.

We fight for our own way of life, as we see it fit. We won't allow part of our labor go to gallentean beurocrats to feed their fat arses. We won't allow them to dictate rule of the crowd and replace skilled managers by pretty loved stupid puppets. We fight for our property, for our land and for our planets. Because they belong to us. They are ours. And we will say it not only with words, but with guns. Should you take a Caldari property, Caldari will come to you and take it back. This is what we do.

Do you want to find one day, that you corporation is taken by some gallentean magnate? That you have to go and vote for some crowd choosen fools? That you have to wear gallentean stupid hat, praise senseless democracy and give your property to them, because they voted so? That your children are tought bullshit in schools, and you are denied to take a position, that you have skilled to, because you are caldari and gallentean peoples don't love you and don't vote for you? Do you want to see your planet in stagnation, degradation and decay because of poorly chosen incapable gallentean manegement?

I hope not.

And this won't happen, until we keep them firing.

This is our ultimate answer. This is a thousands of 'NO's, said with volleys of railgun shells, tearing apart ugly gallentean hulls. Our answer is louder than words. Our answer is so strong, that makes deaf gallentean politicians start to listen us, and that makes gallentean presidents abandon their positions. And our fire is so strong, because we do it together. We do it as one, for the purpose is one. And fighting together makes us stronger. We will hold battles in sky, we will take them on ground. We will blob their fleets, and we will kite them and fight when outnumbered. We will kill many, and when the time will come, we will die. Because it is our duty.

But until this day comes, we will be answering them, as we should.
With fire and steel.

Wow I am Caldarian and after that speech I feel like a traitor to the Caladri after I said I was going to serve Amarr.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." -The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Horak Thor
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#8 - 2012-08-25 18:32:38 UTC
For the freedom of our people.

.....

Aethion Mirra
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#9 - 2012-08-25 19:19:45 UTC
To quote Laerise: God wills it.

Retired Captain, PIE Inc.

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-08-25 19:32:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Diana Kim wrote:
Do you want to find one day, that you corporation is taken by some gallentean magnate? That you have to go and vote for some crowd choosen fools? That you have to wear gallentean stupid hat, praise senseless democracy and give your property to them, because they voted so?


So I take it your're not a fan of socialism....

See this is what I never understood about the Caldari, they claim to be united, and yet at the same time so many among them ridicule liberty and democracy. This is why I consider statements like the one quoted above confirmation of the hypocrisy that is State collectivism, and further validation for why we of the Federation must keep fighting the good fight until all are free.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
zacharia Mindu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-08-25 19:41:54 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Do you want to find one day, that you corporation is taken by some gallentean magnate? That you have to go and vote for some crowd choosen fools? That you have to wear gallentean stupid hat, praise senseless democracy and give your property to them, because they voted so?


So I take it your're not a fan of socialism....

See this is what I never understood about the Caldari, they claim to be united, and yet at the same time so many among them ridicule liberty and democracy. This is why I consider statements like the one quoted above confirmation of the hypocrisy that is State collectivism, and further validation for why we of the Federation must keep fighting the good fight until all are free.

The Caldari are a strong people that people like you want to explore your so called freedom is nothing compared the patriotism of the state and its people.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." -The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#12 - 2012-08-25 20:31:00 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
See this is what I never understood about the Caldari, they claim to be united, and yet at the same time so many among them ridicule liberty and democracy. This is why I consider statements like the one quoted above confirmation of the hypocrisy that is State collectivism

Just where did you see hypocrisy? Simply because you can not understand about Caldari, don't make things hypocritical, well, maybe except in your own mind, so, instead of blaming others, you should ask questions and receive answers, then, maybe, if you are lucky, your senseless gallente-driven propaganda in your brain will be replaced by logical reasoning.

Liberty is the thing that flourishes in individualistic and egoistic societies, liberty is the thing that prevents everyone to stay together, it feeds on personal desires, wishes and weaknesses.
This is like in an old tale, that I like to remind from time, where three parties pushed the cart in three different directions, and in the end it remained at the same place. While Caldari cart will be pushed forward, will crush and run over gallentean cart, while you will be voting what direction to go.

Because Caldari are united, because Caldari do things as they should be done, as ordered, not as each of us wants to, and not as grey selfish uneducated crowd voted.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-08-25 21:21:05 UTC
It seems that some Caldari will never understand that for the few to be free the majority must also be free, for as long as only some are free and not all, oligarchies will prevail, and the wellfare of the majority will continue to be dictated by the terms of a "merited" minority.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#14 - 2012-08-25 22:08:52 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Of course it also stands to reason that if one values freedom one should also be willing to fight in order to bring it to those who cry out for it, to help those who can not help themselves..


I disagree, especially if 'fight' means 'blowing up people and ships.'

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#15 - 2012-08-25 22:09:18 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
It seems that some Caldari will never understand that for the few to be free the majority must also be free

Does it matter, if majority will become free or just few? They will bring chaos, disorder and destruction in any way. Just if the majority will become free, this chaos and destruction will be greater.

Paul Oliver wrote:
for as long as only some are free and not all

We can take care about it ourselves, so there won't be just all or 'some' free. Try to come to our door to do it your way, we will push our barrels to your nose, so you can smell the powder.

Paul Oliver wrote:
oligarchies will prevail, and the wellfare of the majority will continue to be dictated by the terms of a "merited" minority.

This is a way of life, some are born to rule, some are born to follow. Some are born smart, and others are born stupid. It is obvious that management is a minority. They should be the best from the best, the ones, who are trained and showed abilities to take corresponding positions. The society where majority dictates and minority follows will turn into fat lazy bureaucracy where nobody actually works.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Bucky O'Hair
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-08-25 23:30:49 UTC
I fight for one reason, and one reason only.

To free my People.

[b]We Are Ushra'Khan!

We are coming for our people.[/b]

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#17 - 2012-08-25 23:54:10 UTC
I fight so that our culture, traditions and freedom, everything that makes us Minmatar, can continue. I fight not for ideology, or isk or glory but, for the very survival of my people.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Tetony
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-08-26 13:09:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tetony
I will not discuss my life before liberation. It is enough to say this and no more. I find it hard to be close to an Amarrian without a homicidal impulse.

Whatever else I have, I need a broader account of who I am than the Amarr had on ‘offer’. More than a fandango to an exigent god. I’m less sceptical, even than most priests I've known, yet I'll never submit to the discipline of any church. Some call that pride, immediately placing me among the damned.

When I was chosen to be capsuleer, after a routine screening for other things that found I had the right kind of diminishingly small neurological aptitude that I needed to fly a pod, I felt confused. In my cohort, in the course of a long cold night seventeen left the cramped medlab with diagnoses of a range of conditions, mostly mass lesions in the brain that would in time lead to coma, herniation and death. Had they the gene to resist the wetgrave as I had all their problems would have vanished or been managed. Two others had a nobility of spirit which we had come to depend on in those dark days, but they left with nothing else besides.

My Brutor kin taught me well, my history, the history of the Republic. It took many missions for my new friends before I knew that it wasn't enough. That I couldn't build on a foundation of confusion. I love my brothers, I’m sure of that, but I am the son of life's longing for itself. I was liberated by the Republic but I do not belong to it. And yet there's an overpowering sense of something sublime. Simple, overwhelmingly strong, the longing for grace, the search for knowledge, an unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. So I fight, for now, for the Federation.
Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Black Advent
#19 - 2012-08-27 01:32:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Paul Oliver wrote:
See this is what I never understood about the Caldari, they claim to be united, and yet at the same time so many among them ridicule liberty and democracy.

Your ignorance is glaring.

The concepts of liberalism, liberty and democracy are to be held in contempt because in the Federation the concept that there exists agreement and accord between those whom govern and those who are governed is a practical fallacy borne out of Gallentean arrogance and ignorance. Representative and Parliamentary politics becomes nothing more than the tool and apparatus by which an elite few use the power of government to pursue their own interests and agendas once they are in power - even when those interests and agendas conflict with the will and desires of their supposed constituents - and where select and exclusive parties, lobbyists and coalitions make their decisions behind closed doors.

Oppression then occurs when the People, stripped of their power to resist through legislation created solely to serve the interests of the elite few, voices silenced with the threat of a Government which no longer serving their interests threatens violence against those they brand criminals or traitors for daring to speak out against the foreign tyranny under which they languish. Freedom becomes denied in the name of Liberalism, Democracy and Liberty when they become nothing more than the soft and sweet words invoked to justify domination, exploitation and injustice to serve the desires of the few and powerful.

We are Caldari and we know full well the lies and empty promises that are the true foundations of the Federation when it was exposed with the sacrifices paid in blood, death and suffering made by patriots to secure the freedom of our People against the oppression of Gallentean Tyrants and the Federal Regime. We, the Sons and Daughters of the State are the heirs of that legacy of struggle and we do not easily forget that the tenets of Duty, Loyalty, and Service were the ideals that granted us victory and our future. What the Federation and ignorant Gallenteans such as yourself, did not and still does not understand is that to be Caldari is to forever be climbing the mystical peak of Kaalakiota.

Caldari are born out of the stone to the loneliness of the snow and the bitter cold so that we may learn to appreciate the comfort and warmth of our People as we strive to attain that unattainable summit, the peak that cannot be reached.

We cut ourselves against the jagged rocks of our lives for it is only through constant hardship, effort and sacrifice does one come to cultivate the qualities of determination, perseverence and courage to survive the ascent.

We learn to love our family for it is they who taught us our skills and knowledge, shelter us when we are weak and give us strength when we falter.

We remember our ancestors and those who came before us for without them and their convictions we would not be where we are today.

We know that alone we are not strong enough to stand against the harsh winds for it is only together as One can we hope to achieve our goals.

We do not place our individual pride or desires above the Greater Good of others for to do so would be a threat to more than just ourselves.

We abandon our needs for wealth and treasure for they are nothing more than burdens we do not need to carry.

We cherish and celebrate every moment of our lives for we know its fragility and the frailty of our own precarious existence.

We value our youth and children and seek to instill in them our values and purpose for they are our future and the ones who shall carry on our legacy when we are gone.

We know that we may never reach that highest peak, to realize the epitomy of our ideals but the purpose is not in our final destination but in the continued journey to reach it.

As we were born so shall we return our dust to the stone. The surface details may shift, weathered by time and the elements or attempts to chip away at the rock but nothing will ever change that mountain. Just as you cannot bend or change the mountain you cannot bend or change what it is to be Caldari.

To attempt to do so, irrespective of whether it is through economic or diplomatic pressure; the imposition of foreign and flawed values and ideologies such as the Gallentean misconceptions of liberty and democracy which find no place when Caldari are united both as individual and as State in singular vision and in shared purpose. For if the State is not free from the forces of outside domination then no Caldari citizen shall ever know freedom for they are one and the same.

The drums of war were sounded long ago when with the Federal strike at Malkalen, the Chief Executive Panel seeing the betrayal of a Federation preparing for conflict even under the flag of truce, fulfilled their duty to the Caldari State by engaging in a preventive and pre-emptive strike against the Federation before the Gallente could ensure an effective mobilization of their armed forces against the State. To have done anything less, and thus put the entire Caldari State at risk of a Federal invasion, would have been nothing more than betrayal and treason on the part of the CEP.

The path is then clear for any Caldari patriot to undertake armed service for the State if they are in a position to do so. For any Caldari who, in knowing their duty and their task bids duty and task go by will know only infamy and disgrace. And disgrace is worse for one born with Caldari blood to bear than death. So we harden our hearts and meet as all things are alike to us: Life or Death; Fortune or Ruin; Victory or Defeat.

We serve to defend the interests and freedom of our People and our State until the day the last breath escapes our lips and we may at last relinquish the burdens of our Duty when we know the peace of death.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Damsa Desirah
The Tourniquet Group
#20 - 2012-08-27 02:28:51 UTC
Why fight for ideals? It seems all nice and pretty, wrapped in a gift box, but there is nothing tangible...

I fight to relieve myself from boredome. I fight to make money... I fight because it's fun.

It's not what your Alliance can do for you... It's what you can do to them before they realize you really work for the almighty WormHole God, BoB...

12Next page