These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The Most Expensive Ship in Eve and what it would be worth ?

Author
Comm On
The Logs Show Nothing
#1 - 2012-08-24 08:49:58 UTC

Would it not be wonderful for the Golden Magnate to return ... there was only one of its kind, ever !

Maybe CCP can make a special ocassion for its return ?

It sold for a billion isk http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=66516 and would be worth much more now ... how much, who can say ?

Destroyed here http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=75188

Only other ship I know which is unlikely to be seen again is the Opux Luxury Yacht

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#2 - 2012-08-24 08:58:28 UTC
Guardian Vexor is better.
Alara IonStorm
#3 - 2012-08-24 08:58:52 UTC
Comm On wrote:

Would it not be wonderful for the Golden Magnate to return ...

Yes it was grand.

Lets not relegate it to the status of a comic book villain...
Comm On wrote:

there was only one of its kind, ever !

and change that ever.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-08-24 09:02:52 UTC
Apocalypse Imperial Issue might be one of the most expensive... it's not even really known if there are any left.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-08-24 09:23:26 UTC
I think one Imp Apoc was destroyed in GHSC's first high profile heist/assassination.
knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2012-08-24 09:26:16 UTC
I seem to remember a state raven going for 250b several years ago.
Alayna Le'line
#7 - 2012-08-24 09:46:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Alayna Le'line
Entity keeps track of (and owns a lot of) EVE's rare ships: http://home.wanadoo.nl/ntt/eve/unique.html
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-08-24 09:51:42 UTC
Tyrrax Thorrk is such an idiot, hes lost two rare ships already. Maybe more. Lmfao.

TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#9 - 2012-08-24 10:54:03 UTC
Federate Issue Megathron? State Issue Raven? Guardian Vexor?

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

luZk
Fivrelde Corp
#10 - 2012-08-24 10:58:14 UTC
Serena Serene
Heretic University
#11 - 2012-08-24 13:19:53 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Tyrrax Thorrk is such an idiot, hes lost two rare ships already. Maybe more. Lmfao.

How's that being an idiot? You're going to lose your ship eventually if you use it. Especially if it's that kind of ship, since I suspect it's like flying with a -huge- target mark on your back.

So the only way not to lose the ship is not using it.

This person chose to use the ship regardless, and have fun with it as long as it lasted. I think that's great.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-08-24 13:29:22 UTC
I'd love to get a single run BPC of Megathron Federate Issue.

Full faction/DeadSpace fit it and go for a run with a couple friends get a blast baiting every single MF 25 systems around.

That's how much those rare ships are worth to me, for the fun of using them.

brb

Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#13 - 2012-08-24 13:34:22 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:

Humbly disagree. I have more respect for him than any other player in Eve. Most people would puss out and leave their fancy toys in the hanger to collect dust occasionally coming on the forums to boast about how awesome they are for owning one. He did the opposite, fitted it and used it and lost it in a fight like a real Eve player.. he is D'man in my book and unlike you and me, everyone knows who he is.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Gronn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-08-24 13:38:51 UTC
Comm On wrote:

Would it not be wonderful for the Golden Magnate to return ... there was only one of its kind, ever !

Maybe CCP can make a special ocassion for its return ?

It sold for a billion isk http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=66516 and would be worth much more now ... how much, who can say ?

Destroyed here http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=75188

Only other ship I know which is unlikely to be seen again is the Opux Luxury Yacht

It would be nice to see m0o make a return!
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#15 - 2012-08-24 14:19:45 UTC
Comm On wrote:

If it did, your sentence would be inaccurate.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#16 - 2012-08-24 14:23:21 UTC
It's based on the market price, so whatever ship people are willing to pay for is the most expensive. Smile
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#17 - 2012-08-24 18:10:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
James 315 wrote:
It's based on the market price, so whatever ship people are willing to pay for is the most expensive. Smile

This pretty much hits the nail on the head ^

I would bet the Apocalypse Imperial Issue or Megathron Federate Issue would be worth the most, as there is only one of either in the game and they are battleships. I would ballpark 500 bil or so for one... but it absolutely depends on what someone is willing to pay and whether or not the owner would sell. From the very little contact I've had with Entity, I would bet it'd be a cold day in hell that he let anyone pry that Fed Mega from his grip. I can't imagine he would sell it for any price. ...so in effect, that makes it priceless.

btw - there are NO Gold Magnates in the game anymore. What a waste of a hull. CCP should issue a bunch of them just for the fun of it. Why maintain a model no one will ever get to use? Totally pointless. If there were even one in player hands I could see it... but no one? It's stupid.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#18 - 2012-08-24 18:18:05 UTC
Mr Epeens Velator would be worth quite a bit to the right people. Throw my corpse in the hold and you have yourself a goldmine!

Mr Epeen Cool
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-08-24 18:57:57 UTC
So you have a ship worth billions and all you can is spin it around and around forever.
wait lets give 1 more spin

R.S.I2014

veritas primus
Kat 5 Kaos
#20 - 2012-08-24 19:15:40 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:

His alt is Istvaan Shogaatsu......I'm pretty sure he can afford it. See the "rr" and "aa" in both names.... Big smile
12Next page