These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Hulk Nerf went too far

Author
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-08-22 06:13:54 UTC
miners are the biggest fuking whiners and moaners anywhere ever...
you just got the single biggest mining buff ever due to your constant bitching and now youre complaining about a minor nerf to cargo capacity on a ship that should be mining directly into a can/orca???
i mean are you for real?!??!

fk me sideways....

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-08-22 06:51:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jorma Morkkis
Jack Miton wrote:
you just got the single biggest mining buff ever due to your constant bitching and now youre complaining about a minor nerf to cargo capacity on a ship that should be mining directly into a can/orca???

fk me sideways....

And we finally got "I can't gank defenseless ships anymore and make profit doing it" post.

Umad? Can I haz your stuffz?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#23 - 2012-08-22 08:45:14 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

fk me sideways....

And we finally got "I can't gank defenseless ships anymore and make profit doing it" post.

And finally we got the "Jorma Morkiss making stuff up in a Hulk thread" post

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-08-24 03:09:43 UTC
LOL it's hard to please miners, isn't it?

Miners: "We want to punish people that steal from us!!!"
CCP: "Can flagging"
Miners: "WAAAAAA CAN FLIPPING GRIEFING BASTARDS!!!!!"

Miners: "We want more ships for mining stuff"
CCP: "ORCA"
Miners: "WAAAAAA THE GRIEFERS THOUGHT OF A WAY TO USE IT AGAINST US!!!!"

Miners: "Please buff our mining ships so they can't be suicide ganked!"
CCP: "Barge rebalance"
Miners: "WAAAAAAAAAA MY HULK IS NO LONGER THE BEST AND ONLY SHIP FOR MINING!!“

RollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRoll
Tub Chil
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-24 07:20:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Tub Chil
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
The purpose of the change was to make all mining ships good at something. From what you describe it seems to be a huge success. The problem seems to be, that the Hulk isn't the best at everything anymore and you're having trouble adjusting to this new reality. It's ok to fly other ships, if you think they're better at what you want to do. You just need to ask yourself what it is, that you value the most in your mining ship. Make that choice and what ship to use will become obvious.

No, purpose of this change was to shut greed miners up, who were permanently whining on forums "Muh hulk ganked" because they didn't find it reasonable to tank their ship
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-08-24 07:47:36 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

fk me sideways....

im not a for profit ganker, im a for the lols ganker.
mining barges are rarely my targets.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-08-24 09:04:03 UTC
Jazlina wrote:
Before the patch I had a hold of 13.5km3, now my hold is 8.5... Cargo expanders no longer work on ore cargo holds, only general cargo. This means I have to make 33% more trips back to base than I did before which in my reckoning is a net LOSS in isk/hour than before.

Pre-1.2 maximum ore capacity on a tanked hulk was 8km3. Post-1.2 maximum ore capacity on a tanked hulk is 8.85km3. That's nearly an 11% buff.

I'm not seeing the nerf.

Oh, yes, and cargo expanders never worked on ore holds. Flying an orca or a rorqual teaches that pretty fast.

Jazlina wrote:
In the markets the value of a hulk is plummeting and the value of the mack and skiff is skyrocketing. As of today the Mack is selling for more than the hulk in amarr space and the skiff is very close. The hulk is selling for about 30% less than it was pre-patch.

Given that the skiff was around 170k pre-1.2 and the mackinaw at around 230k pre-1.2 and they're now both back at that price or lower and given that the hulk has gone down approximately 28.5% in price I'm not seeing where the bad thing is. Skiff and mackinaw prices have dropped slightly and hulk prices have dropped in a major way making the ships easier to replace, and if you're fitting a hulk for maximum cargo I'm presuming you need to replace it on a regular basis.

lollerwaffle wrote:

RollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRoll

I sincerely hope you post the exact same type, and quality, of comments when PvP'ers and mission runners, as they inevitably do, do the exact same thing.
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-08-24 10:28:04 UTC
Shereza wrote:
lollerwaffle wrote:

I sincerely hope you post the exact same type, and quality, of comments when PvP'ers and mission runners, as they inevitably do, do the exact same thing.

I do, actually. What's strikes me as funny, is that historically, a lot of miners carebears don't really know what they're asking for, or are too shortsighted/stupid/ignorant to see the implications of what would happen if what they asked for got implemented. For example, miners asked for the above 3 things, and yet the whining continues unabated.

Another example would be the sentry gun changes 'spitballing' that was the topic of quite a few threads last week.

As I mentioned, I also poke fun at lousy PVPers who take the same attitude as the aforementioned carebears, don't you worry :)
My Postman
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-08-24 10:44:08 UTC
OP, you are doing it wrong.

Get a Mack, you can fit 3 (!) MLU II on it! Now your yield will be 200m3 (mining crystal I) less than with your hulk.
As the Mack has a ore hold of 35k m3 you can now stay in belt aproximatly 3 times longer than in your hulk, which will save you at least 6 mins (3 times back and forth, 2 mins for unloading), which is 2 cycles of your strip miners.

The Mack aligns faster as the Hulk, is much more agile, and now even has a better tank.

There is no downside for a single miner, beside the fact that your Hulk is worthless now, and you will have to pay ridiculous 290m for the Mack atm.

Long story short, you will yield more ore faster than in your Hulk, watch mineral prices plummet in a few days/weeks/months.

And an extra lulz for those who have a Hulk BPO, which is worthless now as well.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-08-24 11:07:39 UTC
My Postman wrote:
Get a Mack, you can fit 3 (!) MLU II on it! Now your yield will be 200m3 (mining crystal I) less than with your hulk.

600m3...

But I wouldn't fit Mack for max yield though.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-08-24 15:12:59 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
My Postman wrote:

600m3...

But I wouldn't fit Mack for max yield though.

If mining in a safe high sec spot, max yield + looking at local is all you need.
Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#32 - 2012-08-24 16:57:28 UTC
Too bad, the Hulk is not a solo mining vessel anymore. It's an ops vessel. With dedicated haulers and all that.

It still has the best yield out of all of them.
Vrykolakasis
Sparrowhawks Corp
#33 - 2012-08-24 18:49:09 UTC
Next up: CCP gives hulks back their original cargo bay size and players rage that they have to destroy their new rigs to fit cargo expansion rigs again.
Abannan
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#34 - 2012-08-24 20:49:02 UTC
Use a ******* retriever and stop crying
Veryez
Hidden Agenda
Deep Space Engineering
#35 - 2012-08-24 21:02:56 UTC
CCP will never give you what you want, only what you ask for. That said you are narrowly focused on the Hulk, as many others are.

All mining ships except the hulk got a big boost, that doesn't necessarily mean the Hulk got nerfed. While it would have been nice for the hulk to get something, in reality if you are not mining in a fleet, the hulk is not your best choice. Your best choice for solo mining is a mack, hands down. In a fleet, the Hulk is the undisputed king.

Before you come here and complain, ask yourself this, did you go on Sisi and try the changes? Did you read the forums and dev blogs to see the changes that were coming and how they effect you? Did you give your feedback on the proposed changes? And lastly did you prepare yourself for the changes, by getting the ships you wanted before the changes came out (or even early in the process)?

You signed up to play a very complex MMO, that caters heavily to PvP. Where your actions (or inactions) have consequences for you and others (and hopefully this is why you love this game). If you do not review changes, think and talk about them, plan for them - them you alone are responsible for your problems and nobody else. Had you bought a bunch of Macks when the dev blog came out and sold them now, you'd have made a nice profit wouldn't you? And don't expect sympathy, because it isn't a skill anyone trains in EvE.

In truth the changes are pretty good, my only complaint is the lack of CPU on the Hulk and the Mack. You can hardly balance tank and yield without a CPU rig, especially when setting up for ice mining.
Ginger Barbarella
#36 - 2012-08-24 22:45:06 UTC
Jazlina wrote:
I know there are a lot of different opinions about this, but the changes that I have seen are not good and in the end I feel I came out the loser by far.

I own a Hulk and have been using it for a while. With the changes the only thing that lets the hulk stand out is having 3 strip miners. Thats it. In every respect the mack or sciff are better now. Be it tank, speed, cargo hold etc...

Before the patch I had a hold of 13.5km3, now my hold is 8.5... Cargo expanders no longer work on ore cargo holds, only general cargo. This means I have to make 33% more trips back to base than I did before which in my reckoning is a net LOSS in isk/hour than before.

On top of this, I apparantly am not the only one to think so. In the markets the value of a hulk is plummeting and the value of the mack and skiff is skyrocketing. As of today the Mack is selling for more than the hulk in amarr space and the skiff is very close. The hulk is selling for about 30% less than it was pre-patch.

Can anyone else justify these changes? I feel like I was just mugged and then told it was all for my good....

I heard the head in the Captain's Quarters is now low-flow flushing... I sad... Straight

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#37 - 2012-08-26 18:22:54 UTC
Get a mackinaw, your mining solo, thats what its designed for.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Linda Shadowborn
Dark Steel Industries
#38 - 2012-08-26 18:48:14 UTC
Veryez wrote:
CCP will never give you what you want, only what you ask for. That said you are narrowly focused on the Hulk, as many others are.

so they are the company we deserve not the company we need?
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-08-26 19:22:38 UTC
OP my cargo hold is full of tears already. I understand how you feel. CCP give us our cargo expandable tear miners,pronto!

SRS mmkay???
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-08-26 22:03:58 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
OP my cargo hold is full of tears already. I understand how you feel. CCP give us our cargo expandable tear miners,pronto!

SRS mmkay???

Jetcan the tears and come back with a freighter.
Previous page123Next page