These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Punished for Old Account holders mistakes?

Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#41 - 2012-08-23 13:38:20 UTC
HollyShocker 2inthestink
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-08-23 13:43:01 UTC  |  Edited by: E-2C Hawkeye
vxandl Khouch wrote:
Sturmwolke wrote:
You don't sound mad enough from the writing style.
You sure you're not hiding anything else?

Yeah I actually agree with this guy. I doubt the GMs will take you seriously if you write with bad spelling, punctuation and grammar; not to mention the absence of all paragraphs. I can't imagine how they sort through the petitions, but I'm sure they have a specific group of people working on RMT cases and judging by the popularity of ISK sellers they probably have a lot of crap to deal with so I wouldn't expect a reply soon.

And seriously bro, even this forum post makes you look guilty. If you want to look innocent, dunt typ lik dis.

The customers grammer or poor spelling should have no bearing at all on the issue or the level of customer service he receives. This guy funds his account just like the rest of us and deserves the same level of service regardless of his education, religion, race or creed.
Verone
Veto Corp
#43 - 2012-08-23 13:45:29 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Anslo wrote:
imo if they drag it out and you can prove you're innocent with facts, do what a previous poster said and get a lawyer if you want anything done quickly. You aren't here to be buddy buddy with a company, you're here to get a service you paid for and, if you ARE innocent and not getting that service, you have a lot of legal rights open now. It doesn't matter if CCP might not favor you or send your requests through legal. If it takes a shove with a lawyer and a lawsuit, do it. E-mail an Icelandic attorney and get the ball rolling.

A lawyer. Really? You want to waste even more time and now real money on game pixels on a screen you own zero, nada nunka off? Which you agreed completely upon by ticking the 'yes' box when you started up the game? Shocked

The minute I start paying for a service, I pay for the services of their server and, if I am unjustly cut off from that in a way to make the game unplayable AND I can prove I was cut off unjustly, you can bet your arse I would. I've played this damn game for 5+ years and I'd fight tooth and nail if they tried to just wipe out all my work. No way in hell.

hahaha internet lawyers. Good luck with that one, buddy.

Verone CEO & Executor Veto Corp WWW.VETO-CORP.COM

Archdaimon
Merchants of the Golden Goose
#44 - 2012-08-23 13:46:31 UTC
Replying to bump.

Guilty or not, it should never be slow and always with a reponse and continoues communication from ccp.

Bad service is bad.

Wormholes have the best accoustics. It's known. - Sing it for me -

Dog Biscuit
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-08-23 13:49:50 UTC
Fry the bastard give me his loot
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2012-08-23 14:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Anslo wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Anslo wrote:
imo if they drag it out and you can prove you're innocent with facts, do what a previous poster said and get a lawyer if you want anything done quickly. You aren't here to be buddy buddy with a company, you're here to get a service you paid for and, if you ARE innocent and not getting that service, you have a lot of legal rights open now. It doesn't matter if CCP might not favor you or send your requests through legal. If it takes a shove with a lawyer and a lawsuit, do it. E-mail an Icelandic attorney and get the ball rolling.

A lawyer. Really? You want to waste even more time and now real money on game pixels on a screen you own zero, nada nunka off? Which you agreed completely upon by ticking the 'yes' box when you started up the game? Shocked

The minute I start paying for a service, I pay for the services of their server and, if I am unjustly cut off from that in a way to make the game unplayable AND I can prove I was cut off unjustly, you can bet your arse I would. I've played this damn game for 5+ years and I'd fight tooth and nail if they tried to just wipe out all my work. No way in hell.

best case outcome that could result from this would be a refund for any gametime you lost due to the unjust ban and a notice from CCP that they no longer wish to do business with you (which means permabans for all your accounts 30 days after the notice).

You may also find the experience of former CSM member Ankhwhatshername (who considered entering a legal argument with CCP) educational - according to her it's pretty much impossible to find an attorney in Iceland that does not do business with CCP in some fashion as the country is pretty small and CCP spreads their work across different law firms.

pick your fights wisely

(If the GMs come to the conclusion that you are innocent they will credit the duration of the ban to your gametime anyways)

Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2012-08-23 14:11:37 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Urgg Boolean wrote:
This sounds very bizarre. It makes wonder how safe it is to purchase toons. Does this kind of thing happen a lot?

I would personally want to see the records or audit trail they are using to accuse you.

there was a high profile case in March/April where a goon got banned for actions undertaken by a previous owner of one of his characters - he didn't receive any useful reply from CCP to his petitions for about a month until goons started to push the issue through other channels, then he was unbanned relatively quickly (and Sreegs still refused to update his "false positives" count).

Tazuki Falorn wrote:
Hi. I'm the person mentioned by Kazanir et al. earlier in the thread. Obviously I'm now unbanned but I can't say the process was in any way a good experience. Tickets were ignored or closed without comment, e-mails to [email protected] went unanswered - after 2 weeks of trying and failing to get anyone to reply I gave up. It's very difficult to get unbanned when your protestations of innocence disappear into a black hole.

Luckily, my CEO and another director spent a bunch of their time pestering people at CCP via various sources, eventually getting a reply to the effect of "If he is innocent, please explain Dodgy Character's actions". Dodgy Character (not his name) being a freighter/industry guy I legitimately bought and transferred to one of my accounts. Apparently it had something to do with RMT before I bought it and the character transfer wasn't taken into account when bans were handed out :(

I'm all for getting rid of bots and RMTers but there really needs to be a system in place to deal with ban appeals in a reasonable timeframe, especially with the way skill training works. My lost game time got reimbursed but I'm still out a month of training on multiple accounts.

(source: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1207892#post1207892)

It's up to anyone's guess how things would have turned out without inside contacts at CCP.

(if you are interested in more details look up posts by Kazanir and corestwo during that timeframe, they wrote a lot about that case)

I was involved in this case as well. CCP eventually admitted that their detection method did not take into account character transfers when tracing RMT. I believe they had resolved this afterward but cannot be sure. Follow up at the [email protected] email. That is how we eventually got Tazuki's resolution.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

theteck
#48 - 2012-08-23 15:20:44 UTC
i hope they fixed that

because if he follow all forum procedure he supposed to be protected transaction by ccp

if its the old account holder please return toon to the ancien older and give money back to this guy for he buy another accout !

i will think now before buy one toon ... because i believe ccp that we are protected when we follow exchange rules

but now im not sure anymore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- | I'm from Québec and english its my secondary language... | 
Ginger Barbarella
#49 - 2012-08-23 15:31:00 UTC
Where's TheLock when you need him!?!?!?!

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#50 - 2012-08-23 15:33:12 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Where's TheLock when you need him!?!?!?!

L0CK, We Need You!

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#51 - 2012-08-23 20:06:40 UTC
Sounds like buying new characters is not worth the risk at all.
Previous page123