These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Amarr/Gallente Faction Ships

Author
Maester Vincent
Industrial Mining and Mayhem HS
Ligma Grindset
#1 - 2012-08-18 04:12:01 UTC
Seen a whole bunch of racial combos for faction ships, but not Amarr/Gallente. Perhaps there is a pirate faction out there looking to create a laser/drone ship set?
Antal Marius
Allied Operations
Mechanicus Macabre Immortale
#2 - 2012-08-18 09:50:14 UTC
Do you see caldari/minmatar?
Kitt JT
True North.
#3 - 2012-08-18 10:01:45 UTC
I'm not agreeing with OP here, just commenting. I get the feeling that an amarr/gallente faction ship would blow huge chunks.

And that a caldari/minmatar one would be dripped with awesomesauce and wrapped in bacon.
Loco Ramos
Vicious Traditions
#4 - 2012-08-18 15:11:23 UTC
This is long overdue, and even though it may seem that the Art Team has a lot of work already, i believe they'd love to take on this challenge (some day)

And there's no need to create yet another pirate faction just to see this line of ships out there you know Blink
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5 - 2012-08-18 15:33:20 UTC
Kitt JT wrote:
I'm not agreeing with OP here, just commenting. I get the feeling that an amarr/gallente faction ship would blow huge chunks.

And that a caldari/minmatar one would be dripped with awesomesauce and wrapped in bacon.

i dunno a bonus for hybrids that is rate of fire and 5% to armor resits would be mega awesome!!!

think of an apoc that fires 8 425 II that has a 25% rate of fire bonus and 25% better resists for armour

5 mids and 8 lows!!! plus 125 drone bay...

as for minnie/caldari think fall off bonus and resist bonus for shields...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-08-18 17:55:03 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Kitt JT wrote:

i dunno a bonus for hybrids that is rate of fire and 5% to armor resits would be mega awesome!!!

think of an apoc that fires 8 425 II that has a 25% rate of fire bonus and 25% better resists for armour

Minnie/Caldari would PROBABLY be a missile boat.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#7 - 2012-08-18 18:46:24 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Kitt JT wrote:

Minnie/Caldari would PROBABLY be a missile boat.

something line 5% to missile damage

7.5% bonus to shield repper and role bonus being a rate of fire bonus?

that would be killer... torp chucking asb loving phoon!

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Maester Vincent
Ligma Grindset
#8 - 2012-08-19 02:34:48 UTC
Antal Marius wrote:
Do you see caldari/minmatar?

Kitt JT wrote:

Caldari/Minmatar was also missing, but it would seem this wouldn't have the same impact, as they don't flow as well together, considering 1 is missiles, and the other is projectiles.

The Amarr/Gallente would be like an Armageddon Navy Issue, except with a Gallente Bonus being for drones and perhaps a larger capacity for drones.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-08-19 04:25:57 UTC
Kitt JT wrote:

huge cap, good drones and OMGAWESOME armor.... it would be pretty win.

it could simply be an armageddon with good drone bonuses tbh.
Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#10 - 2012-08-19 05:46:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Burseg Sardaukar
EoM would make for a pretty cool faction to fly. Hybrids on Amarr ships (shield tankers, though?)

Oh, and I think the Caldari/Minmi one would most certainly have to involve missiles (since only 1 pirate faction of the 5 even uses the damn things and the only bonus they get is range) and... maybe Mordu?

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-08-19 06:04:34 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Kitt JT wrote:

I'm thinking cap usage bonus and tracking speed.
Maester Vincent
Ligma Grindset
#12 - 2012-08-22 18:59:36 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Kitt JT wrote:

This is another good idea for Gallente/Amarr. There could be a hybrid/armor Gallente/Amarr ship or a Laser/Drone Amarr/Gallente.

Just putting it out there, plenty of options for this racial combo.
Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#13 - 2012-08-22 20:56:24 UTC
Also agree with this thread (like with all the other "i want more pirate-faction-ships"-thread).

Some could be relativly easy, cause the ships are already in the game with the right skin. They only need to be balanced right so that they are as strong as the other pirate faction ships, and their should be the same ways like with the other pirates (LP-shop, Plexe, rats...)
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#14 - 2012-08-22 22:08:09 UTC
Right now there are more Gallente (3) and Minmatar (3) than Amarr (2) and Caldari (2).

Bloodraiders - Amarr/Minmatar
Serpentis - Gallente/Minmatar
Angels - Minmatar/Gallente
Sansha - Amarr/Caldari
Guristas - Caldari/Gallente

I think we need a Caldari/Amarr ship line-up first. Then we need to add the orther mixes of Gallente/Amarr and Caldari/Minmatar. Right now, Gallente/Minmatar gives you two full ship line-ups.
Spr09
Reign of Steel
Brave Collective
#15 - 2012-08-23 00:37:42 UTC
Loco Ramos wrote:
This is long overdue, and even though it may seem that the Art Team has a lot of work already, i believe they'd love to take on this challenge (some day)

And there's no need to create yet another pirate faction just to see this line of ships out there you know Blink

Syndicate, Thukker, and Mordu's Legion Command. Not exactly pirate factions but they're lacking any ships whatsoever.
Pink Marshmellow
Caucasian Culture Club
#16 - 2012-08-23 02:56:47 UTC
A laser Drone Boat would be great.

6 Laser Turrets with 5% damage per level and 10% drone damage and hitpoints per level.

6 highs, 5 mids, and 8 lows.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#17 - 2012-08-24 14:34:25 UTC
Spr09 wrote:
Syndicate, Thukker, and Mordu's Legion Command. Not exactly pirate factions but they're lacking any ships whatsoever.
I think CCP would like more faction ships too.

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Khanid faction ships would be cool, maybe someday.
So ya, Khanid, Sisters of EVE, even ORE ships would be welcomed. I think balancing the ships we have is more important than adding these. I also think it will make these ships better when they come out.
Maester Vincent
Ligma Grindset
#18 - 2012-08-24 21:38:44 UTC
Obsidiana wrote:

Sansha - Amarr/Caldari

I think we need a Caldari/Amarr ship line-up first.

... that was in the same post you just made?
Kitt JT
True North.
#19 - 2012-08-24 23:09:14 UTC
If there would be another pirate ship lineup with caldari, there would need to be a missile boat. Just sayin.

There currently isn't really one (sure the guristas lineup uses missiles, but lets face it, they're drone boats at heart).
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#20 - 2012-08-25 18:19:17 UTC
Maester Vincent wrote:
Obsidiana wrote:

Sansha - Amarr/Caldari

I think we need a Caldari/Amarr ship line-up first.

... that was in the same post you just made?

The Sansha ships are Amarr in their weapons and Caldari in defense. I would like to see a reverse of this. I want to see missile/armor ships that are easier to fly than T2 and actually use Caldari ship skills to boost them. The primary skill means that the ship favors those weapons of that race. Khanid would be the obvious chioce, and I hope they create unique ship hulls for them.

A minor difference, but important to a select few, such as myself.

Btw, we need alternatives of Minmatar hulls. I vote Thukker with Minmatar/Caldari skills.
12Next page