These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More Bizarre Moderation

First post
Author
ThePresidentisBlack GetOverIt
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-08-22 20:25:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ThePresidentisBlack GetOverIt
The other day I posted a thread dedicated to someone who keeps posting vaguely racist crap about the current US President. Like others, I'm sure, I reported his threads. However, the craziness was allowed to continue for 5+ pages without moderation. My post was moderated so quickly it was amazing. It's odd that it happened, considering how many threads in GD should be in other forums yet haven't been moved, threads (e.g. avatar ones) that are the very definition of contentless, and the fevered rantings of various troll sub species. I've never seen a thread acted on so quickly.

CCP, would you please do something about this? When you moderate some things, but not all, it creates the appearance of favoritism and capriciousness. Perhaps your ISD members should leave their politics at home, rather than allowing race baiting and anti-semitism (which you had to be called out on by the Anti-Defamation League) to run rampant while moderating dissenting opinions out of existence.

Also, haters be hating. We have a black President, get over it.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2 - 2012-08-22 20:26:28 UTC
IBTL

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

El Cid Campeador
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-08-22 20:26:57 UTC
You created an alt why? And FYI he is only half. :)
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-08-22 20:27:44 UTC
In before the lock.

It's not bizarre moderation at all. Neither posts were related to EVE, both got locked.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#5 - 2012-08-22 20:28:43 UTC
ThePresidentisBlack GetOverIt wrote:
The other day I posted a thread dedicated to someone who keeps posting vaguely racist crap about the current US President. Like others, I'm sure, I reported his threads. However, the craziness was allowed to continue for 5+ pages without moderation. My post was moderated so quickly it was amazing. It's odd that it happened, considering how many threads in GD should be in other forums yet haven't been moved, threads (e.g. avatar ones) that are the very definition of contentless, and the fevered rantings of various troll sub species. I've never seen a thread acted on so quickly.

CCP, would you please do something about this? When you moderate some things, but not all, it creates the appearance of favoritism and capriciousness. Perhaps your ISD members should leave their politics at home, rather than allowing race baiting and anti-semitism (which you had to be called out on by the Anti-Defamation League) to run rampant while moderating dissenting opinions out of existence.

Also, haters be hating. We have a black President, get over it.

You haven't gotten this alt locked yet Torothin?

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-08-22 20:30:02 UTC
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#7 - 2012-08-22 20:35:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Virgil Travis
It's just you, you're crap.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#8 - 2012-08-22 20:36:01 UTC
CCP is racist there i said it
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#9 - 2012-08-22 21:08:35 UTC
The thread was locked for numerous reasons. One is that it was a troll thread. Two is that it was linking a thread we had already locked. Three was that it wasn't EVE related. The list goes on, but you get the idea

I'm locking this thread for discussing moderation. If you have an issue, file a petition. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department