These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Eve is Farming...

Author
highonpop
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-08-21 20:41:18 UTC
Chribba wrote:
I visited a farm once, it had cows and other animals. Was very unlike EVE I must say.

/c



UNTRUE!!!!!

I can go trade livestock in Jita right now.... PLol

FC, what do?

Christopher AET
Lethal Injection Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#22 - 2012-08-21 20:54:03 UTC
Fitting

Cattle

8x Judgement

7x Estamels invuln Field
1x 10000Mn Megamicrogiganewton MWD II

3x Civilian armour repairer

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#23 - 2012-08-21 21:42:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Asuka Solo
highonpop wrote:
Adam Junior wrote:
I find income to be more ISK/Sanity, and that it's important to find an income source which doesn't make me want to cut myself, even if it's not the most "efficient".



Pretty much this.

Once you throw the entire idea of ISK/hr out the door, and go for ISK/fun you will enjoy eve much more.


And there we have it.

The insane people are all space rich....and all the happy people be space poor.....

I for one welcome our insane space rich overlords

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Jaison Savrin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-08-21 23:01:13 UTC
I make isk doing things I enjoy doing. I just happen to Enjoy running Anoms in null-sec, level 4 missions in high-sec, mining regardless of where, and occasionally playing the market.

I find PvP mind numbingly boring most of the time. Besides, the people coming into the system I call my home base have all been running away as soon as more than three people + logi un-dock.... Why won't they play with me? Before you say Blob I don't think we've out numbered them by more than one or two and we have been out numbered once or twice.


Sorry, I rambled off subject.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-22 03:07:02 UTC
I am a trader and don't know many people who do PvP, but I feel sorry each time I hear that they're broke. :*(
Dennis Gregs
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-08-22 03:13:24 UTC
I'm guilty of the isk/hr addiction. When I started I always said I'll gather some money before doing something fun, just so I could have a "pillow" of isk just in case I need it in my travels, however eventually I liked just stockpiling isk.... I don't know, just having and making a lot of isk effortlessly is kind of fun on its own after all.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-08-22 09:00:57 UTC
You don't have to farm a thing in this game if you don't want to.

Change the topic to "Eve *players* are farming because they want to and it pisses me off because its not what I want them to be doing" and it will be intellectually honest.
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#28 - 2012-08-22 09:03:22 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Bots don't care. Set them up to do your mining, manufacturing, and basic logistics while you focus on the essentials of blowing other players up?



Bots are for c**ts, just saying (edit: swear protection didn't kick in)
Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#29 - 2012-08-22 09:10:00 UTC
There is a lot of ways to play Eve, but without ISK in your wallet everything is harder. The pursuit of ISK is a central premise of the game. With ISK you can fly better ship, fit better ships, afford to lose ships ... just to name a small portion of the endless list of ISK related ways to improve your in game life.

That said, making ISK in Eve is relatively easy if you function as a group and see your ISK as a community effort made available to those that need it. I play this game with a small crew of people I know in RL and we basically use the Corporate Wallet as our personal wallets, all ISK earned by anyone flows in and all ISK spent by anyone flows out. The end result is a perfect system that allows us to focus on the fun parts of the game because for any individual expenditure their is always more than enough ISK there.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-08-22 09:18:39 UTC
ReiAnn wrote:
Used to be that the overall theme of Eve was 'Eve is Hard', however, everything has been turned into a isk faucet. Now everything is plagued with elitism and farming. If Eve is Hard, I can understand wanting to have the best players in your group, but to FARM...come on, the developers need to do something about the content if the game has come down to isk/hr.



Is that your feeling or do you have any facts?

I mean, the carebears (defined by ISK/hour thinking) have ever been in here forever, but I don't think that this makes the majority of the player base...

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Merovee
Gorthaur Legion
Imperium Mordor
#31 - 2012-08-22 09:19:44 UTC
isk/hr vs $/hr
that is the question
what is fun
is it worth the time
or is it the dime
sometime a plex
make me feel
its too easy
not fun
no risk
no fun

Empire, the next new world order.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#32 - 2012-08-22 09:26:53 UTC
ReiAnn wrote:
Now everything is plagued with elitism and farming.


Are you sure that you haven't just become more aware of "elitism" and farming? If you stop being concerned about ISK/hr yourself, you'll find that the game is fun again :)

Join faction warfare, they are more concerned about blowing stuff up than making ISK (though even there you'll find people farming complexes for LP to turn into ISK).
Hypercake Mix
#33 - 2012-08-22 09:52:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Hypercake Mix
It happens when you mention "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose" at the wrong time.

Kind of need to teach a player how far their rookie ships and frigates go AND have them blown up before they discover the "Market" button, THEN mention it. Otherwise, you run the risk of them getting addicted to shiny ships.

Edit: The increased mineral prices before Inferno 1.2 didn't help much either.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#34 - 2012-08-22 10:29:01 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:
Isn't ISK the endgame for some people?


But that's the point - they've chosen to make it their endgame while ignorning the other possibilities. That's not a problem, whereas if the game was designed so that it was the only possible endgame, that really would be. It's actually just the same as people who refused to take the proper steps to protect their hulk and then cried a river of tears over being ganked by a destroyer.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#35 - 2012-08-22 12:45:18 UTC
Adam Junior wrote:
I find income to be more ISK/Sanity, and that it's important to find an income source which doesn't make me want to cut myself, even if it's not the most "efficient".


Well you're obviously a complete scrub.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Adam Junior
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-08-22 12:51:28 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Adam Junior wrote:
I find income to be more ISK/Sanity, and that it's important to find an income source which doesn't make me want to cut myself, even if it's not the most "efficient".


Well you're obviously a complete scrub.


I try to be l33t but my mum won't let me :(
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#37 - 2012-08-22 12:52:13 UTC
Adam Junior wrote:
I try to be l33t but my mum won't let me :(


Next time pay for your own PLEX

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Kievan Arakyd
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-08-22 13:15:45 UTC
OMG OMG THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO PLAY A SANDBOX GAME DIFFERENTLY THAN I DO? BURN THEM!

Got my Dust514 key...

Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#39 - 2012-08-22 13:45:17 UTC
ShiftyMcFly's Second Cousin wrote:
Eve is a sandbox. It's what we make it.
Of course, greater rewards go to those who take the effort; either by more clicking or more thinking or some combination of both.



THIS, eve dev's also understand the carrot and stick reward to keep the cart moving.
but here's a fact you may find interesting, you know how they catch monkeys in SE Asia? they put a piece of fruit in a heavy wooden box with a hole no bigger then the hand of said monkey, the monkey gets the fruit then tries to leave only to discover it's hand is now too big, people start coming monkey, monkey tries to flee but can't it could if it would only let go of that piece of fruit. yeah, eve is like that.
HollyShocker 2inthestink
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-08-22 13:48:06 UTC
Jim Era wrote:
who cares about isk?



People that want to buy sheet.
Previous page123Next page