These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any 0.0 alliances left that...

Author
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#81 - 2012-08-22 02:21:06 UTC
Denidil wrote:
stabbed allies in the back

encourage the attitude of "us vs them" with "high sec people vs nullsec people" from being a few random jackoffs to being the modus operandi of the forums making it harder for our game to bring in new players

act like they're the best thing since sliced bread

become the thing which they were created to destroy

1. For all the "evil goonies" reputation, GoonSwarm is probably among the most loyal groups in the game to their allies.

2. Highsec started the war, if you'll recall, by demanding that to which they were not entitled.

3. GoonSwarm hasn't acted more "jingoistic" than any other group.

4. Still not BoB.
Earl Hazard
Apotheosis Inc.
#82 - 2012-08-22 02:27:12 UTC

Denidil wrote:
because engendering "us vs them" attitudes to STYLES OF PLAY is a positive in a sandbox game?

Wait... you are in RvB that is about as "us vs them" as it gets.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2012-08-22 02:40:21 UTC
Denidil wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

Who? Name names.

the entire ******* northern coalition you ignorant ****.

how'd we backstab the NC?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Denidil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2012-08-22 03:05:00 UTC
James 315 wrote:

2. Highsec started the war, if you'll recall, by demanding that to which they were not entitled.

you may wish to seek therapy for those delusions you have

Earl Hazard wrote:

Denidil wrote:
because engendering "us vs them" attitudes to STYLES OF PLAY is a positive in a sandbox game?

um... RvB isn't a holy war.. it's for fun.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2012-08-22 03:10:29 UTC
Denidil wrote:

That's exactly what we do, and that's exactly why Goons exist. We just play on a different level.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Denidil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2012-08-22 03:13:52 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Denidil wrote:

That's exactly what we do, and that's exactly why Goons exist. We just play on a different level.

no.. their actions reveal that they are quite different. RvB doesn't wage war against other people's playstyles, or declare them inferior for playing the game in a different way.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-08-22 03:16:29 UTC
Denidil wrote:

Denidil wrote:
no.. their actions reveal that they are quite different. RvB doesn't wage war against other people's playstyles, or declare them inferior for playing the game in a different way.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Macks Artilius
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-08-22 03:25:02 UTC
Confirming IRC are honorable spaceknights Those of us that aren't honorable space-hobos at least.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2012-08-22 03:33:50 UTC
Denidil wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Denidil wrote:

Most of Goonswarm doesn't give a **** about highsec or how you play the game.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#90 - 2012-08-22 03:38:13 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Denidil wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Denidil wrote:

Most of Goonswarm doesn't give a **** about highsec or how you play the game.

... the truth has come out.

We really don't give much of a damn about most things. That's why we have to be enticed into the big blob with promises of Boat, singing, POS shots, an actual fight, ....

and other things in local that might get you petitioned, lawl.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-08-22 03:57:43 UTC
Denidil wrote:
James 315 wrote:

you may wish to seek therapy for those delusions you have

Earl Hazard wrote:

Denidil wrote:

You're the one with the delusions.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#92 - 2012-08-22 04:12:16 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Denidil wrote:

You're the one with the delusions.

Someone doesn't get the whole "not logging in" "Jabber Online" thing we do.

It isn't as though anyone is waging a holy war on miners either, it's just fun (I guess? I haven't ganked em)

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Xinivrae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2012-08-22 04:16:38 UTC
Denidil wrote:

Pleased to meet you fellow internet spaceships player! My name's Xinivrae, and I'm from the corporation GoonWaffe, which is part of the Goonswarm Federation alliance. Some of my favorite activities are market trading, production, and other industry related things. I even take a skiff out every once in a while and pew some rocks when the mood strikes me.

What are your favorite things to do in game? Smile
Wurmhel Wunderkind
Meerkat Embrace
#94 - 2012-08-22 04:27:41 UTC
CAOD ended that long ago.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#95 - 2012-08-22 04:38:18 UTC
Xinivrae wrote:
Denidil wrote:

Pleased to meet you fellow internet spaceships player! My name's Xinivrae, and I'm from the corporation GoonWaffe, which is part of the Goonswarm Federation alliance. Some of my favorite activities are market trading, production, and other industry related things. I even take a skiff out every once in a while and pew some rocks when the mood strikes me.

What are your favorite things to do in game? Smile

Do you by any chance make ... catalysts or tornados? I hear they're becoming popular in highsec for some reason....

Luis Graca
#96 - 2012-08-22 06:29:54 UTC
otherworld enterprises (Chribba alliance) is all about mature people but i eared it's alliance chat lacks of content
Too-Boku
Doomheim
#97 - 2012-08-22 06:35:28 UTC
Word on the street is that CVA and The Confederation of xXPIZZAXx are right-honourable organizations and exercise e-bushido at all times.P
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#98 - 2012-08-22 07:00:16 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:
otherworld enterprises (Chribba alliance) is all about mature people but i eared it's alliance chat lacks of content

No no it only lacks answers that the questioner doesn't already have Lol

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

William Walker
Northstar Cabal
#99 - 2012-08-22 07:01:42 UTC
Too-Boku wrote:
Word on the street is that CVA and The Confederation of xXPIZZAXx are right-honourable organizations and exercise e-bushido at all times.P

Staggerr is that you? Also while this is clearly about goons, why are goons killing so many freighters in Niarja and why don't the freighter pilots pay attention? There have been daily freighter ganks there and it isn't dying down.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2012-08-22 08:05:01 UTC
I don't like the bad things listed in the OP but I don't think it makes a lot of sense to immerse yourself in a game or culture where these things are rampant and frankly endemic, then shriek like a cold, shrill witch about it.

It's like turning on a stove burner, putting your hand on it, and getting really upset and complaining loudly when you get burned. You know what you're getting into when you play a sci-fi internet spaceship game with a learning curve that only autistic shut-ins can bear and weather.

You're not going to find a lot of 0.0 corps that cater directly to your delicate sensibilities because only the directorate of a hi-sec corp with no holdings could possibly have the time or the CARE to police the words and attitudes of its members.