These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Capture outpost, get the loot too?

Author
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#21 - 2012-08-21 15:42:02 UTC
Corvus Borealis wrote:
I find it pretty bad game design that when you capture Outpost, you actually can´t gain control on the hangars.

So, when someone captures outpost, they should be able to get all the contents of everyones hangairs in the outpost.

Seriously, you capture the outpost, but you can´t break into hangars? Come on!

People simply wouldn't put things into capturable outposts anymore, or they would move everything out at the first sign of war. You have to consider the player reaction to your game design choices... Smile
rofflesausage
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-08-21 15:44:01 UTC
Can I fill my hanger with explosives that detonate when someone tried to gain access, thus destroying the outpost?
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-08-21 19:56:12 UTC
James 315 wrote:
People simply wouldn't put things into capturable outposts anymore, or they would move everything out at the first sign of war. You have to consider the player reaction to your game design choices... Smile

Pretty much. The first thing you'll see the day after any announcement of fully destructable stations will be massive convoy ops as 0.0 residents move all their non-essential possessions to the nearest NPC station.

As a concept, it explicitly contradicts CCP's stated intentions to incentivise 0.0 living and encourage 0.0 residents to put down roots.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#24 - 2012-08-21 23:30:23 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
James 315 wrote:

Pretty much. The first thing you'll see the day after any announcement of fully destructable stations will be massive convoy ops as 0.0 residents move all their non-essential possessions to the nearest NPC station.

As a concept, it explicitly contradicts CCP's stated intentions to incentivise 0.0 living and encourage 0.0 residents to put down roots.

Yeah, seems like... *shrug* well that's how it is I guess.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Corvus Borealis
AUS-BadBadNotGood
#25 - 2012-08-22 08:57:54 UTC
Right now the outposts are safe havens. No matter if you loose all your space. If you loose POS, you loose everything in it.

Why in earth there has to be such difference between POS and Outpost?

And they call EVE harsh game? LMFAO...
Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#26 - 2012-08-22 10:04:08 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Corvus Borealis wrote:
I find it pretty bad game design that when you capture Outpost, you actually can´t gain control on the hangars.

So, when someone captures outpost, they should be able to get all the contents of everyones hangairs in the outpost.

Isn't that the point. When war is going bad for alliance. You can go scavenge the freighters fleeing the scene. If they store their **** in highsec , you can raid them in low while they move it. Piracy would be revitalized. Null gets all the goodies, should be some risk involved.

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

Signal11th
#27 - 2012-08-22 10:06:55 UTC
Good if you're a member of one of the big blue napsfests GSF/CFC bad for everyone else.

Considering the influence certains sectors seem to have over CCP I'm suprised this hasn't already been implemented.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#28 - 2012-08-22 10:19:56 UTC
Corvus Borealis wrote:
Right now the outposts are safe havens. No matter if you loose all your space. If you loose POS, you loose everything in it.

Did you miss the answer because you lack netiquette, and therefore didn't read the thread before posting, or is it just you lack the reading comprehension to realise your questions have been answered already? Here's a clue:

James 315 wrote:
You have to consider the player reaction to your game design choices... Smile

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-08-22 11:45:31 UTC
Radius Prime wrote:
James 315 wrote:
Corvus Borealis wrote:

Isn't that the point. When war is going bad for alliance. You can go scavenge the freighters fleeing the scene. If they store their **** in highsec , you can raid them in low while they move it. Piracy would be revitalized.

Tell me more about how you can 'raid' a jump freighter which cynos directly from the highsec undock to the 0.0 outpost undock.

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-08-22 11:46:14 UTC
also

Radius Prime wrote:
Null gets all the goodies, should be some risk involved.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Frying Doom
#31 - 2012-08-22 11:49:01 UTC
Corvus Borealis wrote:

Have you seen the difference in build requirements between an outpost and a POS?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Barkaial Starfinder
Eixo do Mal
#32 - 2012-08-22 11:51:49 UTC
The keys. You don't have the keys.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#33 - 2012-08-22 12:20:57 UTC
Corvus Borealis wrote:

First, you must open the door on your own captain's quarters. Then you can go worrying about opening someone else's.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Elzon1
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-08-22 13:00:05 UTC
Corvus Borealis wrote:

I had the same thought. Along with that I wanted outposts to be removed as a step to gaining sov in the system.

The outposts should be on their own, take them if you want them... mostly likely after taking sov.

I also had the idea that after claiming the outpost and completely cleaning it out one could deconstruct the upgrades as well as the outpost itself. This allows for limiting outpost proliferation as well as changing out the type of outpost in a system.

Previous page12