These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Somer Blink: Legit or Scam?

Author
Verone
Veto Corp
#281 - 2012-08-20 17:17:33 UTC

It's a huge pile of fun, is what it is Big smile

Verone CEO & Executor Veto Corp WWW.VETO-CORP.COM

Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#282 - 2012-08-20 17:28:30 UTC
300t celebration started.

An I have no money or tokens atm.


EVERYONE PANIC!
Deacon of Destruction
Doomheim
#283 - 2012-08-20 20:43:51 UTC
Hiyora Akachi wrote:
I trust people in EvE.

Just not NPC corp forum alts.

I have a lottery I just started. You give me 100million isk to win a chance at 1 billion isk. Totally legit.
Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#284 - 2012-08-20 22:17:48 UTC
I also don't trust creepy guys in shadowy hoods.



Piddle Diddy
Doomheim
#285 - 2012-08-20 23:17:52 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Piddle Diddy wrote:
they also send people into the bigger, more public corps like eve uni to advertise in channel. they camoflauge it by talking about somer rather than just outright advertising. i wouldn't have thought twice about it until i saw it in three different corps i was infiltrating. somehow these positive talkers have always managed to 'beat.' statistics make liars of them, so i dont' know who they think they're fooling.


Ahem. Statistics will state that /some/ people will win. They're just the outliers.

After all, people win Lotteries, and win millions at that. There are just a lot more losers.

That is exactly why they stuck out to me. How is it so many people in several different corps were so successful, so often? The way they spoke about it always followd a similar pattern about beating the system and getting ahead. Anyway, just something I noticed. I could give a ****.
Totally Trustworthy
Doomheim
#286 - 2012-08-21 14:12:44 UTC
Has Somer ever had an audit done by someone like VV (MD auditor guy)?
Jenn Ymor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#287 - 2012-08-21 14:22:31 UTC
Thanks for bringing this thread back up, i would have missed the bonus blinks and other specials Cool
Potittious
Doomheim
#288 - 2012-08-21 15:33:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Potittious
Jenn Ymor wrote:
Thanks for bringing this thread back up, i would have missed the bonus blinks and other specials Cool

You wouldn't want to miss paying your Idiot Tax (what my dad calls all lotteries)
Totally Trustworthy wrote:
Has Somer ever had an audit done by someone like VV (MD auditor guy)?

Not to my knowledge
Othran
Route One
#289 - 2012-08-21 16:00:32 UTC
Piddle Diddy wrote:
Othran wrote:
I'd put money on this being the Evealopolous (or whatever) spammers starting the thread.

If you can't compete then spam local with trial alts and then smear a good amount of **** around. That seems to be their modus operandi.

Won't work Big smile

yes, it could only be "competitors" that no one has ever heard of and who aren't mentioned anywhere in the thread... until you mentioned them.


Nice try alty boy.

Everyone who's spent any time in trade/mission/newbie hubs has heard of them because Evealopolous (or whatever) spam local with trial alts more than the scammers.

Not seen somer.blink resorting to that - perhaps they do in places, I dunno.
Piddle Diddy
Doomheim
#290 - 2012-08-21 16:23:58 UTC
Othran wrote:
Piddle Diddy wrote:
Othran wrote:
I'd put money on this being the Evealopolous (or whatever) spammers starting the thread.

If you can't compete then spam local with trial alts and then smear a good amount of **** around. That seems to be their modus operandi.

Won't work Big smile

yes, it could only be "competitors" that no one has ever heard of and who aren't mentioned anywhere in the thread... until you mentioned them.


Nice try alty boy.

Everyone who's spent any time in trade/mission/newbie hubs has heard of them because Evealopolous (or whatever) spam local with trial alts more than the scammers.

Not seen somer.blink resorting to that - perhaps they do in places, I dunno.

I have spent a lot of time in trade hubs and have never heard of them. I'm aware that there are other lotteries, but most of eve has never heard of them. BIG is the only other one that is well known and its not some convoluted gambling plan, just a straight up lottery. I odn't think anyone would accuse Torn of underhandedness, but then, we have no real way of proving that any of the lotteries are legitimate. My point was simply that just because people are challenging their legitimacy doesn't mean its a competitor.
Othran
Route One
#291 - 2012-08-21 16:37:03 UTC
Piddle Diddy wrote:
[My point was simply that just because people are challenging their legitimacy doesn't mean its a competitor.


These threads appear every 2-3 months and tend to coincide with perceived times when people will be returning to game (summer break over for kids/January/Easter/etc). Then there's a burst in trial chars spamming local with Evealopolous "offers". Its not a coincidence.

Somer.blink is still here. I've never used them.

BIG are cool, I remember them when they started. I have bet with them a few times on Eve tourneys and won.
Piddle Diddy
Doomheim
#292 - 2012-08-21 20:44:27 UTC
Othran wrote:
Piddle Diddy wrote:
[My point was simply that just because people are challenging their legitimacy doesn't mean its a competitor.


These threads appear every 2-3 months and tend to coincide with perceived times when people will be returning to game (summer break over for kids/January/Easter/etc). Then there's a burst in trial chars spamming local with Evealopolous "offers". Its not a coincidence.

Somer.blink is still here. I've never used them.

BIG are cool, I remember them when they started. I have bet with them a few times on Eve tourneys and won.

Please show me these threads and the schedule on wihch they appear. Links to the first pages and dates, please.
Kel Shek
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#293 - 2012-08-21 21:01:31 UTC
Piddle Diddy wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Piddle Diddy wrote:
they also send people into the bigger, more public corps like eve uni to advertise in channel. they camoflauge it by talking about somer rather than just outright advertising. i wouldn't have thought twice about it until i saw it in three different corps i was infiltrating. somehow these positive talkers have always managed to 'beat.' statistics make liars of them, so i dont' know who they think they're fooling.


Ahem. Statistics will state that /some/ people will win. They're just the outliers.

After all, people win Lotteries, and win millions at that. There are just a lot more losers.

That is exactly why they stuck out to me. How is it so many people in several different corps were so successful, so often? The way they spoke about it always followd a similar pattern about beating the system and getting ahead. Anyway, just something I noticed. I could give a ****.


because the odds of winning on blink are about a zillion times better than winning the powerball or other real lotteries, and its set up in small bursts, not one big lump.


Potittious wrote:
Jenn Ymor wrote:
Thanks for bringing this thread back up, i would have missed the bonus blinks and other specials Cool

You wouldn't want to miss paying your Idiot Tax (what my dad calls all lotteries)
[

Idiot tax definitly works when theres no real chance of winning.
but well, with blink, this celebration I deposited 90m to start, and won a plex already. so setting aside everything I've won before the 300t event, even after losing the 50m I think it was I deposited after that, I'm at about triple my money? seems to me what I have already won, means that I can put something like 300m and still break even, even if I win nothing else.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#294 - 2012-08-22 05:08:00 UTC
Quote:
because the odds of winning on blink are about a zillion times better than winning the powerball or other real lotteries, and its set up in small bursts, not one big lump.


That win ratio is public information, and a lot less people complain than actually lose ISK.

I do have respect for the people that had the integrity to say "I lost money on it but such is the nature of the beast".

Especially in a game with SO MANY SORE LOSERS AND WHINERS. You would think they would be bitching up a storm.
Palander
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#295 - 2012-08-22 11:47:23 UTC
I think it might be a scam, I have lost about 42b to that site, from corp wallet of course. I usually buy all the tickets so i get 100% change to win that price.
Piddle Diddy
Doomheim
#296 - 2012-08-22 14:35:23 UTC
Kel Shek wrote:
Idiot tax definitly works when theres no real chance of winning.
but well, with blink, this celebration I deposited 90m to start, and won a plex already. so setting aside everything I've won before the 300t event, even after losing the 50m I think it was I deposited after that, I'm at about triple my money? seems to me what I have already won, means that I can put something like 300m and still break even, even if I win nothing else.

Look, its another of those mysterious winners who managed to, gasp, triple their money, even though its statistically incredibly unlikely. Just like the other shills who advertise for Somer.
Piddle Diddy
Doomheim
#297 - 2012-08-22 14:38:00 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
That win ratio is public information, and a lot less people complain than actually lose ISK

Public information? Where does this information come from, pray tell? The mysterious backend webserver that no one can see or audit. that's where. Are you really saying that you trust them based on information that can't be verified?
TheGhostThatNeverLies
Doomheim
#298 - 2012-08-23 04:20:57 UTC
I am the Ghost That Never Lies.

SB is totally not a scam.
Orzo Torasson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#299 - 2012-08-23 04:40:53 UTC
I just lost another billion on blink. It must be a scam. I SHOULD WIN WHEN I GAMBLE GODDAMNIT
Gallladorn
#300 - 2012-08-23 08:41:32 UTC
it's legit and fun... and what makes people lose is GREED, not fake players or anything else...