These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Nano Stabber

Author
The Magnificence
Aorte
#1 - 2012-08-19 18:36:58 UTC
Hi guys,

I'm starting to try out in low sec PvP. I already fly few ships but i want to fly a new one and I want to fly 'specially the stabber.
I made a fit and I was wondering if you can help me to know what's wrong or good.
The idea of this ship is simple. Warp on target -> Orbit to 15-20km -> Warp Disruptor + Tracking Disruptor -> Hit.
Here's the fit :

[Stabber, PvP Nano]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Tracking Disruptor II, Optimal Range Disruption Script

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP M
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Assault Missile

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Projectile Ambit Extension I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Warrior II x1

I took HAM because it has better DPS and I don't really want to hit as a long range so HM are useless I think.
All V : 321 DPS/ 2minutes Capa / 2779m/s / Range 1.6+16

Fly Safe,
Magni
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-08-20 09:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: ChromeStriker
The problem with this is, you have no tank... at all. I would go so far as to say a frigate would do better, an AF for sure.
You would have trouble with frigates, Cruiser would be a problem too due to you big sig, same with BC's. BS's... if you found a lone BS it would prob have neuts,drones,a huge tank etc....

Try a kiting fit?

No Worries

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#3 - 2012-08-20 09:52:09 UTC
The Magnificence wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm starting to try out in low sec PvP. I already fly few ships but i want to fly a new one and I want to fly 'specially the stabber.
I made a fit and I was wondering if you can help me to know what's wrong or good.
The idea of this ship is simple. Warp on target -> Orbit to 15-20km -> Warp Disruptor + Tracking Disruptor -> Hit.
Here's the fit :

[Stabber, PvP Nano]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Warp Disruptor II

Warrior II x1

I took HAM because it has better DPS and I don't really want to hit as a long range so HM are useless I think.

Fly Safe,
Magni

Some general pointers:

-Heavy assault missiles wont reach your target. You'll be sitting at 20km.
-Polycarbs are worthless
-You have no frigate defence.

I'd recommend something along these lines:

[Stabber, TE]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit I

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M
50W Infectious Power System Malfunction

[Empty Rig slot]

This isn't an exact fit but it's more what your looking for. An auxiliary thruster is an option for the empty rig slot. but thinking behind it goes:

You are faster than everything big so you can control range and stop them hitting you with turrets using the TD. Also a lot of frigates will bum rush a stabber since they see it as an easy kill. The double neut will (if staggered) turn off any scram they have and allow you to mwd to a decent range and pick them apart.

most fits use a LSE and some field extender rigs - but those fits are pretty outdated. Using a TE makes more sense in the current climate, but that necessitates the neuts... and the lower dps. The fleet stabber though... now that's a monster.
Cpt Branko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-08-20 09:55:11 UTC
It is a kiting fit which is in theory able to cut down a turret ship's range to the point where it will have difficulty hitting at 20km. Which isn't a bad thing, except the Stabber doesn't really have the cap to engage something like a BC or even tankier cruiser while running TD, MWD and disruptor , because the Stabber's cap reserves are low and the DPS at range is quite anemic, meaning it would take minutes to actually kill a ship with some actual EHP.

So it can't really hunt turret BCs because it can't chew through the EHP before it dies from capdeath - maybe, just maybe - it could kill a turret cruiser. It can't hunt frigs well because of bad dronebay and no neutralizer. So while it is an interesting idea, it doesn't work. But the OP should not be discouraged, the Stabber is crap in general and it is very hard to think of anything it can do which other cruisers don't do better.

The only use of the Stabber I can think of is fitting it as a frig killer and killing frigates who think of a newish Stabber pilot as easy prey.

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#5 - 2012-08-20 10:15:00 UTC
Cpt Branko wrote:
It is a kiting fit which is in theory able to cut down a turret ship's range to the point where it will have difficulty hitting at 20km. Which isn't a bad thing, except the Stabber doesn't really have the cap to engage something like a BC or even tankier cruiser while running TD, MWD and disruptor , because the Stabber's cap reserves are low and the DPS at range is quite anemic, meaning it would take minutes to actually kill a ship with some actual EHP.

So it can't really hunt turret BCs because it can't chew through the EHP before it dies from capdeath - maybe, just maybe - it could kill a turret cruiser. It can't hunt frigs well because of bad dronebay and no neutralizer. So while it is an interesting idea, it doesn't work. But the OP should not be discouraged, the Stabber is crap in general and it is very hard to think of anything it can do which other cruisers don't do better.

The only use of the Stabber I can think of is fitting it as a frig killer and killing frigates who think of a newish Stabber pilot as easy prey.

Try turning the MWD off... nothing bigger than a frig runs MWD 100% of the time. It's used in bursts to maintain range.
Cpt Branko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-08-20 10:32:09 UTC
Well, a BC can comfortably keep it on for as long as it wishes. It can also force you to burn too much in conjunction with using TD and point, and you have really bad DPS at range, so you need a lot of time, which means a lot of time where you can screw up by either getting webbed by someone sommersaulting on you, someone getting out of point range, or getting low on cap and having to disengage.

I'd sooner fit a Stabber to just hunt frigs, many frig pilots go for it because it's not terribly difficult to kill a normally fitted one in a frig.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#7 - 2012-08-20 10:42:50 UTC
Cpt Branko wrote:
Well, a BC can comfortably keep it on for as long as it wishes. It can also force you to burn too much in conjunction with using TD and point, and you have really bad DPS at range, so you need a lot of time, which means a lot of time where you can screw up by either getting webbed by someone sommersaulting on you, someone getting out of point range, or getting low on cap and having to disengage.

I'd sooner fit a Stabber to just hunt frigs, many frig pilots go for it because it's not terribly difficult to kill a normally fitted one in a frig.

A bc moves at half the speed of a stabber, and without a cap injector can NOT run it permanently. Also if the stabber burns it's mwd in an orbit every so often the BC wont ever reach any-where close to it's top speed but the stabber will comfortably get up to a decent speed.

the ability to maintain straight-line speed does not reflect your ability to catch a kiting ship.
Cpt Branko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-08-20 11:37:56 UTC
I just miss the nano days when HACs actually engaged BCs in the first place.

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#9 - 2012-08-20 11:58:15 UTC
Rupture is better at the "kiting Stabber" role than a Stabber itself.

[Rupture, ASB]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Warp Disruptor II

425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I

Warrior II x5
Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-08-20 12:26:15 UTC
TBH, any ship made for soloing that doesn't have an active tank is in for a hard time.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#11 - 2012-08-20 15:53:50 UTC
Cpt Branko wrote:

QFT - Hac's actually had a purpose.
Dorian Tormak
RBON United
#12 - 2012-08-21 04:30:41 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Cpt Branko wrote:

QFT - Hac's actually had a purpose.

Holy crap. I can smell the HAC boost from here. INB4 extra slots, more HP, better fitting space and better ship bonuses Attention

Holy Satanic Christ! This is a Goddamn Signature!

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#13 - 2012-08-21 04:45:00 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:

-Polycarbs are worthless

This is incorrect.

Quote:

[Stabber, TE]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit I

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II

[Empty Rig slot]

And this is a terrible fit.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#14 - 2012-08-21 12:02:02 UTC
The Magnificence wrote:
Hi guys,

Here's the fit :

[Stabber, PvP Nano]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Warp Disruptor II

Warrior II x1

Fly Safe,
Magni

I don't suppose you are willing to spring for a Fleet Issue Stabber? You can actually take some abuse in those and still be able to gtfo if you decide you can not win. Your current idea however, is very much a.... well.... not very good tbh.