These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6441 - 2012-08-14 18:59:24 UTC
Why so serious?

8/10. Redheads...

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#6442 - 2012-08-15 06:23:10 UTC
@Vertisce Soritenshi :

Basic character, nice result but not a lot of risks taken. The mechanical eye is underexploited in my opinion.

6.5/10

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Lady Thanatos
Cruisers Crew
The Initiative.
#6443 - 2012-08-15 07:15:13 UTC
Altrue wrote:
@Vertisce Soritenshi :

Basic character, nice result but not a lot of risks taken. The mechanical eye is underexploited in my opinion.

6.5/10

7/10

Gothic looking I like the tattoo/make up design; it is edgy but at the same time slightly reserved, not as drastic as some other avatars; a healthy blend. I like the freckles.
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6444 - 2012-08-15 11:00:41 UTC
I think it's a little too "busy", combining that background with the tattoos on your face. And it's zoomed out far enough to where all that stands out is your lips. 6/10
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#6445 - 2012-08-15 11:20:29 UTC
@Alexis: Nice, houghty pose... the underwear/cleavage/jacket combo works nicely on you... and it saldom does.

8/10

@Vertisce: Cool and professional looking... not a square jawed hunk, but that's a good thing!

8.5/10

@Altrue: Character face but still very pretty... not very original, though.

8/10

and @ our lady of death: Not very keen on the background, but the angle is good and hiding the dead eye behind the hair looks realistic... lips look more like you're pouting, though

6/10

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#6446 - 2012-08-15 11:21:19 UTC
Adalynne Rohks wrote:
I think it's a little too "busy", combining that background with the tattoos on your face. And it's zoomed out far enough to where all that stands out is your lips. 6/10

Obviously a lot of attention and care was put into that avatar. I'd personally do a couple things differently, but that's personal preference, so I'd say 9/10.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6447 - 2012-08-15 11:24:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Halete
Well this iteration is interesting. I personally think that this is one of the few successful attempts at using 1) extreme darkness and 2) goggles. You combined two faux paus to turn out something that looks thematic and distinguished, so I'm going to have to give it a miser's 9/10. I think the background was the perfect choice for this concept.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6448 - 2012-08-15 12:51:30 UTC
Interesting use of tatoos.....makes it look kinda of alien and warlike. Also like the pale skin although I think the face is too sharp and angular. 7.5/10
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6449 - 2012-08-15 15:18:04 UTC
Old Zombie!!

Your character looks alright, but the jaundiced/undead look could use some different lighting. And that blue background really contrasts with that skin color to make the undeadness really "pop". 7/10 :-)
Luke Visteen
#6450 - 2012-08-15 15:36:47 UTC
Horny =D

9/10

Cadfael Maelgwyn
Doomheim
#6451 - 2012-08-15 16:35:34 UTC
The hair just doesn't fit the otherwise rugged look.

7/10
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6452 - 2012-08-15 19:12:19 UTC
Your expression is alot more memorable than most peoples' avatars around here. I think it could use some more dynamic lighting, though. Maybe a different background too, but I think that better light would help add some extra life to it. 8+/10
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#6453 - 2012-08-15 19:59:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
@Adalynne Rohks :

You've changed a lot of things recently on your picture if I'm correct, but in the meantime you kept what's working for a result that remains good anyway. (I use this last word on purpose, because I loved the precedent versions as well, and found these changes more like 'transformations' than 'upgrades', but that's my opinion).

So the result remains fine, but I always though that somehow, your avatar is a bit too... wide, compared to it's height. I don't know exactly from where it comes from. (edit : And she might be a bit too 'clean' eventually. Eventually.)

.. But that's definitely a good result anyway. Good and original.

9/10

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6454 - 2012-08-15 21:34:13 UTC
Altrue wrote:

7/10

Solid composition with ok lighting. A fairly attractive avatar with a somewhat unique face. Nothing overwhelming here and absolutely nothing stands out... but it's not bad. You get a C.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#6455 - 2012-08-15 21:49:20 UTC
Well, I keep trying and I am getting somewhere as I slowly hammer out details... the poses are terrible as obviousy weren't conceived to be used with this camera angle (sometimes the wrists end up buried into the hips...), but they can be worked. So, what do you think of this second test shot?

Test shot 2

(Please, don't forget to rate the guy above, i don't intend to disrupt this thread... much)

(By the way, we totally need a white tank top *wink, wink*)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6456 - 2012-08-15 22:13:38 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

Your current portrait is way better.

Old: 7.5/10
New: 6/10
JiZzLoObber
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6457 - 2012-08-15 22:26:06 UTC

Cool

Cool thread, neat idea. I hit refresh several times hoping to rate a different portrait (sorry Traejun DiSanctis, nothing personal)

Traejun DiSanctis 5/10, totally average, look like have my customers in RL (motorcycle shop)

Sorry m8, nothing really stands out. Unless you popped up in local in WH space, I wouldnt think twice about you (based on portrait)

Straight
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6458 - 2012-08-15 22:28:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Adalynne Rohks
Traejun: I kinda liked your earlier one better, even if it wasn't perfect. It had a sort of quiet strength to it, and wasn't trying too hard to be anything. This one isn't bad, I just feel like it lost some subtle personality. 7/10

Ishtanchuk: I like the direction the new one's going in. It seems to have more life and personality to it. The old one is more polished and cleaned up, but I think the new one has better potential to stand out from others. Plus, the hair on the old one gives me angry feelings :-) No likey oldy as much.

edit: and since jizloobber ninja'd me... I kinda like yours. the lighting and everything aren't bad. But since you forced me to type out that stupid avatar name, you get -3 points. 4.5/10
JiZzLoObber
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6459 - 2012-08-15 23:01:43 UTC  |  Edited by: JiZzLoObber
"But since you forced me to type out that stupid avatar name, you get -3 points. 4.5/10 "

Wha......really??? You didnt even spell it right !!!! If your gonna dock me points for "Having to type that most BRILLIANT name" you can at least put forth the effort to DO IT....you work in for the government dont you?

To be fair, I tried to name him "Jizzlobber" after a Faith-No-More tune, but CCP had a big problem with "lobber" .... not **** though, CCP litteraly LOVES ****, but apparently in Iceland "Lobber" must mean somthing different. So, added an "O" ...... not that it matters. 4.5 / 10 pffft........
Toko Too
Perkone
Caldari State
#6460 - 2012-08-15 23:20:33 UTC
JiZzLoObber wrote:
"But since you forced me to type out that stupid avatar name, you get -3 points. 4.5/10 "

Wha......really??? You didnt even spell it right !!!! If your gonna dock me points for "Having to type that most BRILLIANT name" you can at least put forth the effort to DO IT....you work in for the government dont you?

To be fair, I tried to name him "Jizzlobber" after a Faith-No-More tune, but CCP had a big problem with "lobber" .... not **** though, CCP litteraly LOVES ****, but apparently in Iceland "Lobber" must mean somthing different. So, added an "O" ...... not that it matters. 4.5 / 10 pffft........

Yours looks nice. Like the glow on the goggles and the tattoo is a nice touch. Your name made me giggle too. So 8/10 for you.

Oh and yeah I bought my character so I didn't really sculpt him, but he was an old man with grey hair before I "fixed him.