These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve the universe and everything

Author
Jaangel
Tectu
#1 - 2012-08-15 18:19:13 UTC
I think 0.0 is currently a real sticking point of eve online it;s the greatest asset the game has but also currently the place with the most problems.

* Sov
* POS
* Moon reactions
* population
* immobility

Currently 0.0 us static by design. All the wealth it contains is governed by static locations an example is moons tech moons are always in the same place. Why would someone move away from them? the same issue exists with the sec status of systems. people are always going to graduate towards the systems with the lowest sec. Why would i move if the best system is right here?

These issues coupled with the current sov mechanics means alliances hold massive amounts of empty space there is no reason to populate the systems with higher sec values when most of your income comes from static sources at the heart of your territory.

The current pos mechanic although something i have a soft spot for (i love my pos bubble) is slow and cumbersome to move. I am aware suggestions have been made about POS and ideas are being passed around the crucial point with them is the time it takes to move a large operation.

Because of the above mechanics driving people into large groups in a small number of populated systems small gang PVP is discouraging and blobs naturally forming (your not going to turn people away because your already have 10 in gang).

I belive over time the wealth needs to move. (Both ratting income and moon harvesting/reactions). This could be done by the systems getting worse over time and by population.
Players should be able to make the most of their space by spreading out in small groups in multipul systems.
Sov should be like putting a flag on a system. quick to put there quick and easy to remove. The idea being to stop alliances taking and holding systems they don't use.

Cadfael Maelgwyn
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-08-15 18:21:08 UTC
OK.

Was there anything new and interesting you wanted to say?
Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-08-15 18:22:21 UTC
0.0 has failed. Losec has failed. Fix the game and make it all Hisec.

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.

El Cid Campeador
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-08-15 18:22:44 UTC
No

Jaangel
Tectu
#5 - 2012-08-15 18:24:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaangel
It's not true to say 0.0 has failed there are a number of pockets where it works quiet well.

But most space is empty.

and

there are no more big alliance wars.

Not to the scale of a few years ago.
Anslo
Scope Works
#6 - 2012-08-15 18:25:12 UTC
Nul: Anti-Civilization villages and Anarchists Undesirables
Low Sec: Slums, Projects, and gang bangers with ships who are also Undesirables
High sec: Pristine, clean, civilized, home of the Desirable 1%

Deal with it.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Cadfael Maelgwyn
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-08-15 18:26:52 UTC
Anslo wrote:

In before James 315 coming to talk about the slimy hisec carebears.
energypills
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-08-15 18:29:35 UTC  |  Edited by: energypills
Cadfael Maelgwyn wrote:
OK.

Was there anything new and interesting you wanted to say?

+1

Exactly. CCP has servers that are set aside for some systems. They already have their own system on how to handle the eve universe as it is. No matter what the concern for the OP is. The game is HUGE. There are PLENTY of systems out there. PLENTY OF opportunities for space to be used. You just have to go and find it. I mean click your star map - look at that !

Perhaps the only thing we really need is an easier tool to find systems available. But then again there is DOT LAN and others.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#9 - 2012-08-15 18:42:07 UTC
Finding "available" systems is easy. Being worth living there is all another matter.
Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#10 - 2012-08-15 19:02:01 UTC
Cadfael Maelgwyn wrote:
Anslo wrote:

I generally ignore him when he does that. He's like that one guy at parties that no one really cares for, and they generally just keep him around because he can buy booze and stuff.

John Hancock

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#11 - 2012-08-15 19:07:49 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Deal with it.
Yup. Of course, dealing with it would be to get rid that section of space that doesn't match the tone of the game and which apparently holds an insignificant percentage of players… Blink

This is quite a reversal from the standard claim that highsec should be maintained because “it's where all the players are”.
Anslo
Scope Works
#12 - 2012-08-15 19:15:03 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Cadfael Maelgwyn wrote:
Anslo wrote:

I generally ignore him when he does that. He's like that one guy at parties that no one really cares for, and they generally just keep him around because he can buy booze and stuff.

That hurt my feelings.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

energypills
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-08-15 19:30:09 UTC  |  Edited by: energypills
Bah. My reply got broken.
Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-08-15 19:37:50 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Deal with it.
Yup. Of course, dealing with it would be to get rid that section of space that doesn't match the tone of the game and which apparently holds an insignificant percentage of players… Blink

This is quite a reversal from the standard claim that highsec should be maintained because “it's where all the players are”.

I'm sure he meant "the Desirable %1 and there vast quantities of well mannered and exquisitely groomed man-servants" I personally have 10K Minmatar slaves at my disposable, and know many a wealth connoisseur who would turn there nose at such a modest number...

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#15 - 2012-08-15 19:56:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Virgil Travis
Anslo wrote:

Deal with it.

Trying too hard.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

energypills
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-08-15 20:12:02 UTC
Sarik Olecar wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Deal with it.

I'm sure he meant "the Desirable %1 and there vast quantities of well mannered and exquisitely groomed man-servants" I personally have 10K Minmatar slaves at my disposable, and know many a wealth connoisseur who would turn there nose at such a modest number...

You let them go you tyrant! LOL