These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ice mining bug with new retriever?

Author
Rozpoo
Grumpy old Gamers
#1 - 2012-08-10 23:41:58 UTC
Anyone else notice they are losing an ice on a cycle? I was at 16 ice and then after a cycle finished I only had 17. Both of the lasers were still going when I stopped them at 19.
Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2012-08-11 01:45:18 UTC
A pretty common reoccuring bug. Sometimes if you stop the laser, you get the block, sometimes you don't.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#3 - 2012-08-11 01:53:57 UTC
Rozpoo wrote:
Anyone else notice they are losing an ice on a cycle? I was at 16 ice and then after a cycle finished I only had 17. Both of the lasers were still going when I stopped them at 19.

The circle ending at 6 o'clock isn't always the end of the cycle. I see this on other systems as well like weapons and afterburners where the cycle might actually go on another 45 or 90 degrees. Maybe it's lag or latency.

Best way to be sure is to keep your cargo hold visible and not stop the laser until you see the ice actually appear.
zoni Ishikela
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-08-11 11:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: zoni Ishikela
This can happen to me if I alt-tab or go change the UI from full screen to windowed mode while I am in the middle of an ice cycle - I think it has to do with the visuals of the progress on the circle are driven by the client and can get out of sync with the server's timer. I suspect the sync only occurs at the start of a cycle, not in the middle. My theory is that it happens when something external to Eve slows down the UI rendering or something interferes with the packet traffic between the client and the server (eg, slow internet connection).

It also tends to stay out of sync until you stop/start the lasers again. Not specific to any ship as far as I can tell (happens on my hulk and mackinaw), and not specific to the current version of Eve.

Z.
Celeste Benal
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-08-12 09:05:22 UTC
I get that a lot on modules other than weapons. Shield hardeners seem especially prone to this effect.