These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thank you Devs for sticking it to the miners

Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#41 - 2012-08-11 15:16:33 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Andski wrote:
Hostile Ralph wrote:
Hulk yield is less then it was prior to the patch

Whine & kvetch on.

It yields the same now as it did before the patch.

He, like so many miners who've bothered to use SISI, had decided that the 5% buff was fait accompli, so bringing it back to 3% is a nerf.

Next time, promise 2% then give them 2.5%

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2012-08-11 15:23:14 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Andski wrote:
Hostile Ralph wrote:
Hulk yield is less then it was prior to the patch

Whine & kvetch on.

It yields the same now as it did before the patch.

He, like so many miners who've bothered to use SISI, had decided that the 5% buff was fait accompli, so bringing it back to 3% is a nerf.

Next time, promise 2% then give them 2.5%

We will still complain that CCP nerfed us.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#43 - 2012-08-11 16:21:59 UTC
Ban Bindy wrote:

Miners have been lobbying for changes like the ones proposed for months. But of course OP knows best.

Yeah and just how many 25m3 mining crystals are you going to fit in that 350m3 cargo hold again? That's 75m3 per ore type. So all you can carry around is 4 sets of crystals. CCP giveth. CCP taketh away. It's no biggie for me, I have the support ships, the POSes, etc. But it's not a straight buff with no strings attached, there's a price and a steep one.
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-08-11 16:22:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Mortimer Civeri
"But...But I can't fit a full set of crystals in my cargohold, ( even tho I never go into systems with a security class below 0.6 and only need four sets to get everything ) therefor it is a NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one eleventyone."Sad

or is it:

"I still get poped by suicide gankers. ( Even tho I forego any semblance of tank what so ever, and fit for max yield. ) WTF, CCP, you said you would buff the Hulk to withstand all attacks by suicide gankers every suicide ganker in existance trying to gank my hulk all at once.Sad"

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2012-08-11 16:42:26 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Ban Bindy wrote:

Miners have been lobbying for changes like the ones proposed for months. But of course OP knows best.

Yeah and just how many 25m3 mining crystals are you going to fit in that 350m3 cargo hold again? That's 75m3 per ore type. So all you can carry around is 4 sets of crystals. CCP giveth. CCP taketh away. It's no biggie for me, I have the support ships, the POSes, etc. But it's not a straight buff with no strings attached, there's a price and a steep one.

Most miners who are complaining about the 'nerf' CCP gave us, have never used crystals, and likely don't even know what they are or how to use them if they tried.

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#46 - 2012-08-11 16:45:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
Sentamon wrote:
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” - Mark Twain.

Thought that was Lincoln:
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

hmmm... they where contemporaries - now that makes me wonder if one was paraphrasing the other at some point... thinking though it was prob Lincoln and then restated by Twain... just my guess... *goes off to research this*

There has never been but one question in all civilization-how to keep a few men from saying to many men: You work and earn bread and we will eat it.

Abraham Lincoln
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#47 - 2012-08-11 16:50:40 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
"But...But I can't fit a full set of crystals in my cargohold, ( even tho I never go into systems with a security class below 0.6 and only need four sets to get everything ) therefor it is a NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!1one eleventyone."Sad

or is it:

"I still get poped by suicide gankers. ( Even tho I forego any semblance of tank what so ever, and fit for max yield. ) WTF, CCP, you said you would buff the Hulk to withstand all attacks by suicide gankers every suicide ganker in existance trying to gank my hulk all at once.Sad"

Heh, that's a good one.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Zed Jackelope
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#48 - 2012-08-11 17:09:16 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Hopefully the devs remember this reaction next time they try to cater to miners. Cool

Not empty quoting.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-08-11 17:25:17 UTC
I hope I am re-incarnated as many times as this ******* thread.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#50 - 2012-08-11 17:38:18 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Ban Bindy wrote:

Yes, forcing a player to make even the most rudimentary decisions is profoundly unfair. You'd think this was a game or something...

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-08-11 17:46:21 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Ban Bindy wrote:

Yes, forcing a player to make even the most rudimentary decisions is profoundly unfair. You'd think this was a game or something...

A game? You mean this isn't real? I thought it was like Ender's Game.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#52 - 2012-08-11 18:04:19 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Oh no, Hulk isn't the best ship for every mining job. This is really bad because now I have to choose between six hulls what kind of mining I prefer today.

Stop whining and enjoy this great patch.
See, OP? Your post was so insanely silly that even Jorma here managed to make a correct post in comparison. That's seriously impressive. P
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#53 - 2012-08-11 18:38:43 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Oh no, Hulk isn't the best ship for every mining job. This is really bad because now I have to choose between six hulls what kind of mining I prefer today.

Stop whining and enjoy this great patch.
See, OP? Your post was so insanely silly that even Jorma here managed to make a correct post in comparison. That's seriously impressive. P

Never not surpass expectations.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#54 - 2012-08-11 22:07:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Mortimer Civeri wrote:

or is it:

I dunno, look at my killboard and you decide if I never leave 0.6. In fact, tell me how often I get popped in a mining ship. I was merely observing, this patch really doesn't affect me except for having made my mackinaws obsolete. So I just have to play around with hulk fittings now, and swap rigs once in a while. It's no biggie.
Vixen Soul
Perkone
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-08-11 22:22:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Vixen Soul
I'm not a miner, but I really like the new miner buffs. The highest yield ships are the easiest to suicide gank. This forces the high botters to mine with low yield ore, and rewards the brave hulks with their eyes wide watching the local, and aligning to warp on any sign of activity.

Also, it creates different "classes" of miner. In the same way there are Ninja-type ships, Paladin-type ships, Support-type ships, and who knows what else, there are now Glass-cannon miners, safe miners, and Tank-miners.

Bob: My ship is awesome! It can tank over 9000 dps!
Carl: My ships is even better! It can mine over 9000 ore per minute!
Tom: My ship can tank 7000 dps, and mine 7000 per minute!
All together: We're special!
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#56 - 2012-08-11 22:33:39 UTC
Vixen Soul wrote:
I'm not a miner, but I really like the new miner buffs. The highest yield ships are the easiest to suicide gank. This forces the high botters to mine with low yield ore, and rewards the brave hulks with their eyes wide watching the local, and aligning to warp on any sign of activity.

Haha !

Little did the poster realize the bots (when programed) are capable of spamming Dscan, watching local (for redlisted characters) and are even able to warp to a safe POS or dock up when certain conditions are met.

Vixen Soul
Perkone
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-08-11 22:39:58 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Vixen Soul wrote:

Haha !

Little did the poster realize the bots (when programed) are capable of spamming Dscan, watching local (for redlisted characters) and are even able to warp to a safe POS or dock up when certain conditions are met.

If that is truly the case, and those kind of scripts are that easily accessible, than... I'm not sure, the botters might be winning this war. My opinion stands, though, that instead of being a miner, you're now a type of miner. That individuality is a big step for miners. They really do need to make mining more complex and interesting. Engaging.
MR DEMOS
DKL Fringe Division
3 Jackals
#58 - 2012-08-12 02:02:03 UTC
i 2nd that what fricking ****** decided this was a good idea???? balanced HAHAHAHAHA yeah keep believeing that CCP's just milking ya for more RL money so you need a 2nd account to do any real mining UMMMM DUHHHH.... Nice one CCP
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2012-08-12 02:03:17 UTC
MR DEMOS wrote:
i 2nd that what fricking ****** decided this was a good idea???? balanced HAHAHAHAHA yeah keep believeing that CCP's just milking ya for more RL money so you need a 2nd account to do any real mining UMMMM DUHHHH.... Nice one CCP

Or a Mackinaw.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Vixen Soul
Perkone
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-08-12 02:06:23 UTC
Andski wrote:
MR DEMOS wrote:

Or a Mackinaw.

Or a corp.