These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can CCP Offer Something Because of Barge Changes?

Author
Frying Doom
#81 - 2012-08-09 13:51:11 UTC
Will admit The irony was a good laugh

CCP updated the ships around people who fail to tank there ships properly and then someone asks if they can get reimbursed for fitting cargo expander rigs on a barge rather than a tank.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#82 - 2012-08-09 13:52:33 UTC
No matter how much you give people, seems like there's always someone who feels entitled to more Roll

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#83 - 2012-08-09 14:04:28 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
OP,

You do realize that for high-sec mining using a T1 barge is a very except-able option now ?
If anything the T1 barges should be flying off the shelves.

And the best part about a T1 barge.
On the slim chance that it gets ganked, who cares just grab another one.

And the odd part about the whole market right now is that Hulks still give the best yield so why switch out ?

So I am a bit confused why the markets are even going nuts right now there is no reason.

I think perhaps you mean "acceptable"?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Shinzok Knowledge
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2012-08-10 10:40:45 UTC
Would it maybe be possible to have the Cargohold Expander Rigs reimbursed on our mining ships, (ofcourse against normal prices from one of the trading hubs).

That would make the transition alot easier Roll
Pipa Porto
#85 - 2012-08-10 19:20:19 UTC
Shinzok Knowledge wrote:
Would it maybe be possible to have the Cargohold Expander Rigs reimbursed on our mining ships, (ofcourse against normal prices from one of the trading hubs).

That would make the transition alot easier Roll

Rigs have never been reimbursed so long as they still work on the ship*. Cargo Rigs still provide some benefit to Hulk pilots, so they're not gonna get reimbursed.

Otherwise, can our friendly Shield Titans get their Nano rigs Reimbursed, etc.

*The one time that I know of Rigs being reimbursed was when Bombers were switched from using Cruise missiles to Torpedos, and CCP reimbursed Rigor rigs and the like (that don't provide any benefit to Torpedos).

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Lilliana Stelles
#86 - 2012-08-10 19:42:27 UTC
This thread is about being AFK.

"I'm an AFK miner.
I'm AFK from the forums.
I'm AFK when everyone reads the patchnotes.

Give me free ships."

Lol no.

Not a forum alt. 

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#87 - 2012-08-10 19:43:25 UTC
I bought a skiff and a procurer the day I first read about these changes. In EvE, the forums are half the game.

One thing I haven't read about though is what happened to the mining frigate?
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#88 - 2012-08-10 20:22:49 UTC
"I don't like reading so CCP should fix something for me".

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Josef Djugashvilis
#89 - 2012-08-10 20:32:35 UTC
Forum Harlot wrote:
"I didn't keep myself informed, now I want ISK for my ignorance." I don't want to live in a world where this makes the least bit of sense; mostly because flying pigs terrifies me.

Hell, flying pigs (of the non police variety) would terrify me.

This is not a signature.

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#90 - 2012-08-10 20:37:56 UTC
Depends if they fly into my frying pan every morning.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2012-08-10 21:45:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
So ...

Patch notes are noticed at the login screen.

Every player who plays this game knows (or should, really!) that he potentially gets affected by patches
and it's a no-brainer that these ships would be more expensive after the patch ...

Those who play a game don't have the responsibility to read up on changes themselves ?
It's not that CCP never gave opportunities about what's going on, regardless of the forums.

So, in short, you ask for something because of your own shortcomings.

That's one great attitude, you'll make it very far ...
Garreth Vlox
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2012-08-11 19:10:00 UTC
Kor Soluce wrote:
I
Faking
Love
The Mining Barge changes. I love them to death, and all night long.

There was, though, an unfortunate side effect. This didn't effect all miners, because some people were aware of these changes ahead of time. But, some of us were not. Like me. Cause I just don't like reading forums, seriously that's it.

The side effect is what you bought before, and now what it does and is worth.

On the subject of worth: while the price of a Hulk is so far unchanged, the price of a Skiff or Mackinaw have essentially blown the roof off of their previous limits and into high orbit. (Especially dat Skiff, from under 50 to over 200 as of right now!) So any players that just happened to have one of these ships gained a huge net worth while Hulk players gained nothing, essentially a loss. (Unless I missed the part in the patch notes where it says all Skiff owners now take on a 150million ISK debt to CONCORD.)

On the subject of purpose: everybody wanted dat Hulk. Whether you were going it solo or in a group, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was most commonly sought after. But now people that wanted it because it was tankier or could hold more have been overshot by ships that were cheaper.

Personally, I don't think it's right to benefit or punish people just because they didn't or couldn't find the patch information before its release. And since I've seen a fair amount of surprise, noticed that not every single EVE player is on the forums, and never got an email a week ago detailing all the changes I don't think the "This has been posted at the county records office for over a year!" excuse is going to work. I had to go into a basement, damnit!

I would propose that for the next week, or some future finite time period, CCP should give all EVE players the option to trade any one mining barge for any one other mining barge. But only one, and only once. This remedies the issue of losing the purpose you bought our ship for or replaces the market value you could have gained.

I will now begin to mentally prepare myself for the oncoming shitstorm of people telling me how this ruins the veterancy system or some other crap. :P

EDIT:
Lemme just put what I would up saying farther down up here as well

I have no actual issue with the changes.
I have no actual issue with people being able to profit from the patch.
I have no actual issue waiting to but a new rig later on.
I do think there could have been better ways to handle this, I was suggesting one and why I felt that way.
You're all taking my suggestion like I'm making a demand, I am not. If I'm making it seem that way I apologize.

EDIT2:
Clearly the community is vehemently against my suggestion, and I'm not afraid to admit defeat.
So ... yeah. Obviously it was a bad idea. :P

TL:DR I LOVE THE NEW BARGES!!!!!!!!!!, but I don't actually have the isk to purchase the one I want so CCP should take mine and give me the one I want.

ROFL

The LULZ Boat.

Herr Hammer Draken
#93 - 2012-08-11 19:47:00 UTC
Can CCP Offer Something Because of Barge Changes?

No.

Adapt. It is what players in EVE do.

Anything else is whinning.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Jagoff Haverford
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2012-08-12 11:51:36 UTC
Kor Soluce wrote:
EDIT2:
Clearly the community is vehemently against my suggestion, and I'm not afraid to admit defeat.
So ... yeah. Obviously it was a bad idea. :P
Dude, in all honesty, you could propose that CCP fix an obvious misspelling in some obscure mission description, and 80% of the forum trolls would come out to tell you that it's "working as intended", that you are an idiot carebear who wants CCP to do your spelling homework for you, and that you should just uninstall the game and go die in fire. And that's just in the first hour or so. The remaining 20% will be along shortly after that.

Oh, and the devs would completely ignore you, too.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#95 - 2012-08-12 20:39:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Kor Soluce wrote:
So any players that just happened to have one of these ships gained a huge net worth while Hulk players gained nothing, essentially a loss.

Personally, I don't think it's right to benefit or punish people just because they didn't or couldn't find the patch information before its release.

Mmmm? I have about a dozen or so each of Skiffs, Macks and Hulks. This market fluctuation really doesn't affect me because I'm neither buying nor selling at the moment. The total value of my assets is roughly the same. Some ships dropped in price, some ships increased in price. Net result close to zero.

What you are trying to say is that you are a small fish, and small fish like you, who had either 1 skiff, 1 mackinaw OR 1 hulk, either got "burned" or "made money" overnight. But that's what happens to small fish everywhere, both in the game and in real life. Me, I'm not a big fish. But I'm bigger than you.

Were you going to sell your ship today? If not, then what does it really matter? You still have your ship, and the use of your ship. The reason you bought your ship hasn't changed. If you were speculating, you have done no worse than anyone else who did exactly the same as you.

But if you see a market fluctuation as "punishment", then a piece of real world advice: never, ever, ever get involved in stocks - you will lose your shirt. Markets go up. They go down. Wait. You'll see.