These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Two more accounts unsubbed.

First post
Author
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#481 - 2012-08-10 06:52:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
I came to EVE recently and I really want to stay here for longer, and of course hearing about game's decay is disturbing. So I try to find exact reason why do people think that game is becoming "less EVE and more farmville" or what have you. Unfortunately, I can't find enough real answers to that. Some sound like legit stuff, but most things I hear are basically complaining about how it was hard to find info on how to play (and it seems that "lethality" derieved from the fact that very few people were lucky enough to find an explanation on what is sub-0.5 space or general mechanics on how to make your guns hit stuff - now it's all in the tutorial) and how it was harder to PvUI back then.
I can't try hard enough to see how it was, apparently, good.

Lose no faith, guys. As menacing as incomplete, WiP concepts of remake to come in a year can sound, you can't possibly think that CCP won't take possible issues into account. For example, noone can know for sure that gate guns changed will have exactly 4 minutes wind-up timer or that we'll not see changes to lowsec resources to attract more people there (and means to create fights in places other than gates).

All we need is to give reasonable feedback. And get moderation team rights to delete off-topic and non-contributing posts.
Mors Sanctitatis
Death of Virtue
#482 - 2012-08-10 07:38:23 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
I came to EVE recently and I really want to stay here for longer, and of course hearing about game's decay is disturbing. So I try to find exact reason why do people think that game is becoming "less EVE and more farmville" or what have you. Unfortunately, I can't find enough real answers to that. Some sound like legit stuff, but most things I hear are basically complaining about how it was hard to find info on how to play (and it seems that "lethality" derieved from the fact that very few people were lucky enough to find an explanation on what is sub-0.5 space or general mechanics on how to make your guns hit stuff - now it's all in the tutorial) and how it was harder to PvUI back then.
I can't try hard enough to see how it was, apparently, good.

Lose no faith, guys. As menacing as incomplete, WiP concepts of remake to come in a year can sound, you can't possibly think that CCP won't take possible issues into account. For example, noone can know for sure that gate guns changed will have exactly 4 minutes wind-up timer or that we'll not see changes to lowsec resources to attract more people there (and means to create fights in places other than gates).

All we need is to give reasonable feedback. And get moderation team rights to delete off-topic and non-contributing posts.

LOLOL. Clearly you're new here. Nice sentiments and all, but never going to happen. Sucks, but that's the way it is.