These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

EVE UI is Presenting Information too Efficiently

Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#21 - 2012-08-09 19:08:09 UTC
Easier to pick up and play brings in more people. Just because they learn faster doesn't mean that they'll be able to auto pop anyone from day one. Adapt or die.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-08-09 19:08:46 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Easier to pick up and play brings in more people. Just because they learn faster doesn't mean that they'll be able to auto pop anyone from day one. Adapt or die.

Oh yes the veteran should adapt or die while the spoon fed noobie is in the right. LOL.
Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#23 - 2012-08-09 19:09:43 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
- information that was in the info window is now also in a popup tooltip
- information that was in the item window is now also in the skill window
- noobs get information from the game, not google
- buttons are easier to find.

In that case the game is totally destroyed Roll

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-08-09 19:10:26 UTC
EVE needs Aiming down the Sights!

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.

Anslo
Scope Works
#25 - 2012-08-09 19:10:43 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Oh yes the veteran should adapt or die while the spoon fed noobie is in the right. LOL.

Did you not read??

The noobs will learn faster about the game's basics. Meaning they can advance to more complicated stuff and learn about it, like surviving in nul, manipulating the market, etc. It doesn't mean they have auto-scope or the Eve equivalent there of. Seriously..

Doomheim
#26 - 2012-08-09 19:11:31 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Did you not read??

The noobs will learn faster about the game's basics. Meaning they can advance to more complicated stuff and learn about it, like surviving in nul, manipulating the market, etc. It doesn't mean they have auto-scope or the Eve equivalent there of. Seriously..

So you admit that the new UI makes it easier for new players so they have more advantages at the start?
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#27 - 2012-08-09 19:11:42 UTC
Recent UI changes are continuing to dumb down the game.

• Missile ranges no longer need to be calculated manually.
  • Skills now show what modules and skills training them will unlock.
  • Tutorials now show information far too clearly.
  • There's now a big - and + sign for making your ship start and stop.

eve was so much more fun without those + and - signes. Now that i know how to accelerate its all boring

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#28 - 2012-08-09 19:12:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Bootleg Jack
Anslo wrote:

Actually vets need to leave, nuubs are far better customers than some vet who has burned through all the content, is bored, complains about stupid little **** like the shape of a button and is too fking dumb to move on.

Anslo
Scope Works
#29 - 2012-08-09 19:13:19 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Did you not read??

So you admit that the new UI makes it easier for new players so they have more advantages at the start?

Sure, but how does them learning how to tank and fit a ship somewhat properly affect you in anyway? You've already learned it and more....well, not you but others.

Doomheim
#30 - 2012-08-09 19:14:00 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Actually vets need to leave, nuubs are far better customers than some vet who has burned through all the content, is bored, complains about stuplid little **** like the shape of a button and is too fking dumb to move on.

The vets make this game.

Without us you don't have nullsec sov warfare, you don't have any high level market manipulation, etc.
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-08-09 19:14:50 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Did you not read??

Sure, but how does them learning how to tank and fit a ship somewhat properly affect you in anyway? You've already learned it and more....well, not you but others.

Because it was made easier to learn. Of course they should learn it but it should be as hard to learn as when I started. This game is too well documented and worse the documentation is becoming readily available in-game.
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#32 - 2012-08-09 19:15:46 UTC
is OP jealous that noobs of today have it easier than he did?

Well.... someone should start a thread called the "Back in my day...." thread
Anslo
Scope Works
#33 - 2012-08-09 19:16:05 UTC

Because it was made easier to learn. Of course they should learn it but it should be as hard to learn as when I started. This game is too well documented and worse the documentation is becoming readily available in-game.

Who cares?

illirdor
Upper Class Goat
#34 - 2012-08-09 19:16:24 UTC
El Cid Campeador wrote:
instead of just pressing hotkeys we should be required to enter commands! and there should be no official release of all of the commands to even undock!

pfff what is this ?? wow ?? no no dont dumb it down we should write our own commands in python... CCP make it happen!

Soooo this is my sig.... 

Doomheim
#35 - 2012-08-09 19:17:01 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Who cares?

I, as a bitter veteran, care. And we bitter veterans ARE the community. Everyone else is here to amuse us until they ascend to veteran status where they can actually make a difference.
illirdor
Upper Class Goat
#36 - 2012-08-09 19:18:17 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Who cares?

I, as a bitter veteran, care. And we bitter veterans ARE the community. Everyone else is here to amuse us until they ascend to veteran status where they can actually make a difference.

plz unsub...

Soooo this is my sig.... 

Anslo
Scope Works
#37 - 2012-08-09 19:18:28 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
is OP jealous that noobs of today have it easier than he did?

Well.... someone should start a thread called the "Back in my day...." thread

Done.

Doomheim
#38 - 2012-08-09 19:20:26 UTC
illirdor wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Who cares?

plz unsub...

I will unsub when this game tanks and CCP is out of business. As long as EVE is here so will I be.
MIkhail Illiad
Fevered Imaginings
#39 - 2012-08-09 19:21:03 UTC
Funny how you've managed to become a bitter vet and pillar of the community in your short time with us... Post with your main etc etc

There once was an interesting signature here... It has long since disapeared. 

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#40 - 2012-08-09 19:21:14 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Actually vets need to leave, nuubs are far better customers than some vet who has burned through all the content, is bored, complains about stuplid little **** like the shape of a button and is too fking dumb to move on.

The vets make this game.

Without us you don't have nullsec sov warfare, you don't have any high level market manipulation, etc.

The ego is strong with this one.

Next your going to tell us the line about bitter vets are content creators Roll

Lets be real, CCP is losing millions a year in new subs because the vets basically use new customers as fodder to feed their over-inflated egos. On the forums the bitter vets troll any new player they can find with a question.

When CCP needs to modernize the game the vets go nuts complaining.

Eventually the game will be so far behind the market curve it can't get new players, then the bitter vets will leave and CCP will be ******.

Previous page123Next page