These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

getting paid for pvp

Author
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-08-07 20:56:31 UTC
I had an idea for a security corp and am wondering if it,has ever been done or if it is even a valid idea. Contracted security services for say null sec transport or null mining ops. Basically, scan down the sys in question, pod every one in it and camp all the gates.

comments/suggestion pls. Or,if u have a better idea for paid pew, please share
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#2 - 2012-08-07 20:58:48 UTC
Prepare to be space-raped.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2012-08-07 20:59:11 UTC
If I flew fleet ships rather than my megathrons then I would be getting free ships to fight in from my alliance.
Sarcasim
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#4 - 2012-08-07 20:59:31 UTC
Sign me up
Jim Era
#5 - 2012-08-07 21:02:23 UTC
Null is the safest place. You don't need mercs there.

Wat™

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-08-07 21:03:43 UTC
Null alliances despite outward appearances have a hard time trusting their own member corps let alone an outside entity.

Never understood why SOV is an Alliance level item.
Except perhaps to try and stabilize null.

So no you won't get very far with such a plan.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#7 - 2012-08-07 21:07:47 UTC
Congratulations, you thought of a service that has been in game since creation. Why null sec alliances would need said services however is beyond me.....

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-08-07 21:30:15 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Contracted security services for say null sec transport or null mining ops.

sounds like a great idea

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#9 - 2012-08-07 21:44:58 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Contracted security services for say null sec transport or null mining ops.

sounds like a great idea

Fixed-a-url

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#10 - 2012-08-07 22:05:59 UTC
Ok, I'll asume this isn't your main char AND you are sincere in your plan... I'd say you should start off as a bodyguard/private security merc... protecting mining ops, traders and the like... maybe gather some trusworthy people along the way.

It may not be glorious work... there are some people... small freetraders and miners like myself... that would hire somebody for a cut in the profit.

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#11 - 2012-08-07 22:28:16 UTC
KAN I HAS UR SERVICES TO PROTECT FLEET IN WH MINING OP?! K THAX

Markarian Aurelius
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-08-07 22:33:07 UTC
Bernie Nator wrote:

Oh Bernie, you so silly.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-08-07 23:42:47 UTC
This IS in fact my main. Yes, I'm a mega-noob, thanks for noticing. I'm not actually considering starting a corp. I actually like the one I'm in. I just had an idea and thought I would bounce it off the trolls to see if it stuck. I'm also not suggesting that the null-sac's need protecting but that a group of carebears who might want to op in null need the protection. My corp has also offered me cheap frigs for pvp but what I'm suggesting isn't simply replacing what I lose. I want to pvp for profit. I guess that just don't happen though
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-08-08 00:35:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Bernie Nator wrote:

Thanks for the sincere support Bernie (sarcasm). Link me your loc (no really), me and the boyz (not noobs) will be right over...
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-08-08 00:40:11 UTC
if you were amazing you could make isk by pvping but you are a long way off, to be profitable you would need to have an excellent killboard, lots of isk for ship fits and a team that is trained enough to fly together well.

nullsec alliances don't use or need mercs much, the only ones I can think of are PL and I hardly call them mercs but a nullsec alliance themselves ( or do they own space anymore its been a long time since I cared about nullsec in any way)

if you have about 50 super caps and pilots that can be on call 24/7 nullsec might want you, but other wise I doubt it.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#16 - 2012-08-08 07:45:08 UTC
This might be a better idea for lowsec. There are moments I'd wish I had a few people extra in local, now that a part of my gang is on vacation. I might be interested to hire additional security if you can pull your own weight on a gate camp. The most problematic aspect would probably be proper standings for NBSI (Not Blue Shoot It) when dealing with smaller lowsec corps that have allies. If you don't mind joining a corp temporarily to inherit these standings, your idea isn't that stupid. It also depends on how much you ask for your service. Would you settle for a cut of the bounties through Fleet mechanics?
Ghazu
#17 - 2012-08-08 09:16:56 UTC
there are many mercenary corps out there already.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-08-09 15:29:57 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
This might be a better idea for lowsec. There are moments I'd wish I had a few people extra in local, now that a part of my gang is on vacation. I might be interested to hire additional security if you can pull your own weight on a gate camp. The most problematic aspect would probably be proper standings for NBSI (Not Blue Shoot It) when dealing with smaller lowsec corps that have allies. If you don't mind joining a corp temporarily to inherit these standings, your idea isn't that stupid. It also depends on how much you ask for your service. Would you settle for a cut of the bounties through Fleet mechanics?

I could just have the crew add your aliance as a contact and set to blue for the duration of the op
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#19 - 2012-08-09 15:35:09 UTC
Supposedly AAA's main fleet commander gets paid to PvP... Blink
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2012-08-09 15:40:35 UTC
I would be willing to purchase your security services for our corporate mining operations in Fade. How many pilots do you have and what do you fly?

FC, what do?

12Next page