These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Bug with the Retriever's Ore Hold

First post
Author
Enola Naari
Anarchists Legion
#1 - 2012-08-09 05:30:29 UTC
I have found that when moving ore from the Idem's hanger to the ore hold of my Retriever it will not fill the ore hold up all the way. Also, in order to get it to hold as much as it would allow, I had to devide stacks.

My ore hold shows it will hold up to 25,300.0 m3, however it only allows me to use 23,100.0 m3.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-08-09 05:33:21 UTC
It's telling you not to be greedy

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Goremageddon Box
Guerrilla Flotilla
#3 - 2012-08-09 05:34:14 UTC
Working as intended.
Enola Naari
Anarchists Legion
#4 - 2012-08-09 05:36:18 UTC
It has nothing to do with greed. I'm just wondering if this is a known bug since the last patch.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#5 - 2012-08-09 05:49:52 UTC
Did you finish a barge lvl, and haven't logged off yet?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Enola Naari
Anarchists Legion
#6 - 2012-08-09 05:53:15 UTC
rodyas wrote:
Did you finish a barge lvl, and haven't logged off yet?

No, I have not finished a barge skill today.
Niaht
#7 - 2012-08-09 06:11:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Niaht
I can confirm this.

While loading ore from station item hanger into my retrievers ore hold, I would receive the normal message telling me that it could only hold so much, and give an appropriate maximum transfer number. However, it would not transfer that amount. I had to transfer in increasingly smaller portions to eventually fill the ore hold (I was not so determined to fill it completely, so I gave up at near full capacity).

Edit: Confirmed, 23,100m3 as maximum amount built up to.
2nd: Transfering smaller stacks that already fit inside the 23,100m3 transfer without issue (e.g. 21,000m3)
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-08-09 06:20:56 UTC
Look guys, you can't expect CCP to launch a patch that works properly. That's a totally unreasonable expectation.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Pipa Porto
#9 - 2012-08-09 06:45:02 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
Look guys, you can't expect CCP to launch a patch that works properly. That's a totally unreasonable expectation.

Have you been on SISI testing and filing bug reports?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Dave Stark
#10 - 2012-08-09 06:48:33 UTC
i've been mining in a retriever all day on my alt yesterday and didn't encounter this bug.
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#11 - 2012-08-09 06:54:54 UTC
Sounds like a good time to try killing the cache manually just in case.
Niaht
#12 - 2012-08-09 06:58:16 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Sounds like a good time to try killing the cache manually just in case.

This is a fresh install for me, so first time the cache has been warmed, but I'll give it a shot for S&G.
Akita T
#13 - 2012-08-09 07:08:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
An uninstall/reinstall of EVE does not wipe the cache, AFAIK.
Changing the path the game is installed to, that would do it (because it would create a new cache subfolder).

Win7 location of main EVE cache data for a particular install:
(C?):\Users\ [YourWindowsUserName\AppData] \Local\CCP\EVE\ [SerializedNameOfFolderEveIsInstalledIn] \cache

Inside, you might want to wipe the MachoNet subfolder first, and if that's not enough, also bulkdata, or even all of it if you like.
Niaht
#14 - 2012-08-09 07:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Niaht
Akita T wrote:
An uninstall/reinstall of EVE does not wipe the cache, AFAIK.
Changing the path the game is installed to, that would do it (because it would create a new cache subfolder).

Win7 location of main EVE cache data for a particular install:
(C?):\Users\ [YourWindowsUserName\AppData] \Local\CCP\EVE\ [SerializedNameOfFolderEveIsInstalledIn] \cache

Inside, you might want to wipe the MachoNet subfolder first, and if that's not enough, also bulkdata, or even all of it if you like.

In this case, I literally never had Eve installed on this computer prior to today, so there was no prior cache. I'll still give it a shot in the morning.

Edit: Also haven't logged off yet, so first cache.
Sueara Koshun
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-08-09 08:13:11 UTC
i can confirm this
and cleaning the cache changed nothing, as i expected
Lysanne Reqetta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-08-09 08:31:44 UTC
Confirming this is a continued conspiracy to nerf mining Oh wait, this isn't one of those threads.

Let me see...ah here we go

~CCP~

Blatant alt posting? In my EVE? It's more likely than you think.

NEVER FORGET - NOVEMBER 2013 - THE GREAT SIGNATURE MASSACRE

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#17 - 2012-08-09 08:34:08 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
lol I think every1 wih sense is semi-AFK mining with retrievers due to their not being worth it to gank for the payout's over T2 exhumors like I figured they would 2 weeks ago, huh?
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#18 - 2012-08-09 08:52:32 UTC
For years now trying to stack say Veldspar in a hold results in weird errors.

Say max I can have 3000M3 in a hold I have 1500M3 in it and try to stack 1500M3 onto of the existing 1500 I get told that there is no room for this because there is only room for 1500M3 left over. Lol

Not sure if this is the case here but confirming maximum filling up cans or holds can lead to 1+1/=2 errors. Pirate
Akita T
#19 - 2012-08-09 08:59:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Niaht wrote:
literally never had Eve installed on this computer prior to today, so there was no prior cache. I'll still give it a shot in the morning.

Eh, no chance of a cache issue then, sadly Ugh
I guess it's just a bug.
Did you post it in the official feedback thread and/or bugreport it ?
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2012-08-09 09:01:46 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
lol I think every1 wih sense is semi-AFK mining with retrievers due to their not being worth it to gank or the payout's over T2 exhumors like I figured they would 2 weeks ago, huh?

7k ehp retrievers aren't worth ganking?

weird

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

123Next pageLast page