These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tech 3 Battlecruiser and Battleship

Author
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#1 - 2012-08-04 11:57:51 UTC
It's been 3 years since the T3 cruisers came out, I've enjoyed them , they have their issues like anything.

However

At the time of the Apocrypha release there was also mention of T3 BC/BS to be released within a year or so. I spent hours digging back for the appropriate references but between now broken links and my own crosseyed dislike for heavy research did not rediscover the info. (It fell between febuary and may of '09) I have made inquiries through various channels and tried searching forums/devblogs but find absolutely nothing and get fed an endless loop of forums-->petition-->(insert bullshit I don't have a clue answer here)--->forums.

What gives? some real information would be nice.
Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Academy
#2 - 2012-08-04 12:09:19 UTC
They're not TECH 3 they're TIER 3.
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#3 - 2012-08-04 12:11:02 UTC
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

I'll assume at this point you still need to train forum trolling 1
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#4 - 2012-08-04 12:13:16 UTC
I remember ccp saying that cruisers seemed like a good start for tech 3 and that they wanted to tech 3 the other ships soon™ also something about the 5th subsystem. I especially remember them saying they wanted to make t3 frigs.

the latest news seems to be t3 cruisers are OP, and for ccp to make t3 versions other ships they would need more defined roles.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
#5 - 2012-08-04 12:14:27 UTC
See this. tl:dr no more T3 in the foreseeable future

Fear God and Thread Nought

Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#6 - 2012-08-09 06:44:02 UTC
Jackie Fisher wrote:
See this. tl:dr no more T3 in the foreseeable future

Yanno, I could take the wording of that post and invalidate half the T2 fleet, good ol CCP, play the cop out card.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2012-08-09 06:46:54 UTC
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

yeah it's a well-known fact that the "tier 3 cruisers" were released in apocrypha and not way before that

unless you're referring to the "tier 3 battlecruisers" which were released more than 2 years after apocrypha

what he's referring to are the "tech 3 cruisers" which were released in apocrypha

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#8 - 2012-08-09 06:50:07 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

yeah it's a well-known fact that the "tier 3 cruisers" were released in apocrypha and not way before that

unless you're referring to the "tier 3 battlecruisers" which were released more than 2 years after apocrypha

what he's referring to are the "tech 3 cruisers" which were released in apocrypha

Specifically referring to tech not glass cannons