These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can't enter "settings" menu. ESC doesn't work.

Author
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#1 - 2011-10-12 13:09:23 UTC
In eve.

I have three separate clients, ESC does not work in any of them. Key is working fine, i can ctrl+shift+esc from inside the game and i get the task manager normally.

What gives?

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#2 - 2011-10-12 13:14:45 UTC
/me throws tantrum

THATS IT CCP CANT MAKE GAMES THIS BUG HAS BEEN HERE FOR AGES (not really, just found out) AND THEY DON"T FIX THEY MAKE BARBINES IN SPACE AND BLAH BLAH 65536 ACCOUNTS UNSUBBED!

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#3 - 2011-10-12 13:28:53 UTC
lol Renan, way to go Big smile

Jeez well, only item of interest I can think of is - What is your keyboard code set to ? Ie, English, English US, Spanish etc?
My Keyboard is stock-standard US English and my International setting is English-UK.
All I can come up with, sorry O_O

Cheers.
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#4 - 2011-10-12 13:32:36 UTC
Its set to PT-BR but it was working fine before this morning.

Also, i know that there is a shortcut that changes keyboard layout for the client.. think its ctrl+somearrowkey. I know that because i have stumbled upon it several times in the past and made my "รง" key give ";". But afaik keyboard layout does not affect modifier keys.

Ctrl+I and Ctrl+B work as normal (italic, bold) but Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V no longer work. I can press "enter" to chat on the chat windows, but i cannot press "enter" to login after entering password.

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#5 - 2011-10-12 13:47:38 UTC
One more thing to try - disable Voice if you have it enabled and restart your client(s)

Failing which, check out the discussion here :- http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1456529
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#6 - 2011-10-12 13:58:26 UTC
Hmm, might have worked... but nevermind i did a reboot and all came back to normal.

God.. i hate IT...

Vorian Atraties
HERMETIC SOCIETY
Sons of Sylph
#7 - 2011-10-12 14:08:47 UTC
LOL.. i did that the other day i was like why is my keyboard not working right!!! and i rage emo quit the game and rebooted pc and all worked fine lol.. i still don't know what combo of keys i hit to do that.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-10-12 14:49:15 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Hmm, might have worked... but nevermind i did a reboot and all came back to normal.

God.. i hate IT...

when in doubt, reboot.

if it doesn't work, reformat.

if it doesn't work, bash computer open with a sledgehammer.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#9 - 2011-10-12 14:53:01 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:

God.. i hate IT...

when in doubt, reboot.

if it doesn't work, reformat.

if it doesn't work, bash computer open with a sledgehammer.

Well that is like saying to chop off your leg if you get cramps. It makes the cramps go away.. but lol.