These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Rebalance Cloak System

First post
Author
Ribikoka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-08-08 06:35:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Everyone knows why would be disturb the AFK tag some cloaky *snip*, who lying in the forum "I'm AFK at enemy systems and i cant kill anyone when i'm AFK", because they would be lost the chances to terrorizing active players in AFK.

It's time to create something what is should be change this bad game mechanic where a cloaker can hide in enemy system and can went out from his PC, 23 hours time long, without risk.
Risk free afk cloaking it's a bad game mechanic.

The cloak not need cap or fuel usage, easy to going to work and left behind the cloaked ship at the enemy system in AFK, because no one can scanning them, no one can catch them.

Need solution for handling this. Capacitor useage for cloak, or fuel usage. Counter ship (seek and destroy) or AFK tag.

EDIT: I have already had to edit previous posts of yours for this kind of language, please desist from this kind of behaviour in future and abide by the forum rules.

Slurs removed - ISD Type40.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2012-08-08 08:06:27 UTC
Ribikoka wrote:
It's time to create something what is should be change this bad game mechanic where a cloaker can hide in enemy system and can went out from his PC, 23 hours time long, without risk.

Fine. But in exchange you must give me a way to enter a system and be able to hunt down the people in it before they all scurry away and hide for hours on end til I leave or am destroyed.

Instantly knowing that there is a potential threat in a system and being able is hide without risk is both a bad mechanic AND bad gameplay.

Until local is addressed, learn to deal with the problem. I hear teamwork does wonders.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#3 - 2012-08-08 09:18:23 UTC
Absolutly NOTHING new to see here.

WARNING: OBVIOUS TROLL
Please Do Not Feed!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#4 - 2012-08-08 09:34:45 UTC  |  Edited by: TheGunslinger42
Counter-proposal: Someone buy ribikoka an industrial sized box of tissues.

Cloaking is perfectly balanced as it is. AFK Cloakers are zero threat to anyone, none-afk cloakers are doing things they're supposed to do. Deal with it.

PS please stop bypassing the filters and spewing bigotry. Your last thread got locked because you kept doing that. You need a time out.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-08-08 10:11:38 UTC
OP has been edited, I will however leave the thread unlocked as this is still a viable topic for discussion. But be warned, bigoted language, trolling and flaming will not be tolerated on these forums. As always, please post responsibly, thank you kindly - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Frying Doom
#6 - 2012-08-08 10:54:09 UTC
Personally I would like to see a new destroyer class when they re-balance those to include a dedicated cloak hunting ship.
With a special probe launcher and probes to be able to locate cloaked ships and an AOE weapon that would de-cloak them in say a 5km radius.

This would however not be able to work on the cloak abilities that come from gate jumping.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#7 - 2012-08-08 11:23:48 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Personally I would like to see a new destroyer class when they re-balance those to include a dedicated cloak hunting ship.
With a special probe launcher and probes to be able to locate cloaked ships and an AOE weapon that would de-cloak them in say a 5km radius.

This would however not be able to work on the cloak abilities that come from gate jumping.

You realise any idea that allows you to find or decloak cloaked ships is utterly awful, right? It would be catastrophic for wormhole space.

and why do you need to find a cloaked ship anyway, they can't do anything.
Ta-Dam
#8 - 2012-08-08 12:25:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Ta-Dam
Ribikoka wrote:
Everyone knows why would be disturb the AFK tag some cloaky *snip*, who lying in the forum "I'm AFK at enemy systems and i cant kill anyone when i'm AFK", because they would be lost the chances to terrorizing active players in AFK.

The cloak not need cap or fuel usage, easy to going to work and left behind the cloaked ship at the enemy system in AFK, because no one can scanning them, no one can catch them.

Need solution for handling this. Capacitor useage for cloak, or fuel usage. Counter ship (seek and destroy) or AFK tag.

EDIT: I have already had to edit previous posts of yours for this kind of language, please desist from this kind of behaviour in future and abide by the forum rules.

+1
Supported.
Need counter against AFK cloakers, 24/7 AFK cloaking unacceptable and cap usage or cap fuel usage would be nice.
Somehow must fix cloak advantages when someone not playing, just break economics.
That's same when someone dont go to work but want to get paycheck for nothing.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#9 - 2012-08-08 12:53:15 UTC
Ta-Dam wrote:
Ribikoka wrote:

+1
Supported.
Need counter against AFK cloakers, 24/7 AFK cloaking unacceptable and cap usage or cap fuel usage would be nice.
Somehow must fix cloak advantages when someone not playing, just break economics.

Inherently flawed analogy, as there is no "paycheck" when afk. You cannot earn isk or perform/gain anything to your advantage while AFK cloaked.

AFK cloakers also do not "break economics" - they are doing nothing. They can't make isk, they can't destroy isk, they cannot do anything.
Ribikoka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-08-08 13:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ribikoka
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Ta-Dam wrote:
Ribikoka wrote:

+1
Supported.

Inherently flawed analogy, as there is no "paycheck" when afk. You cannot earn isk or perform/gain anything to your advantage while AFK cloaked.

AFK cloakers also do not "break economics" - they are doing nothing. They can't make isk, they can't destroy isk, they cannot do anything.

AFK cloaker break game economics, dont lie. Easy and possible terrorize peoples without playing, because no counter against AFK cloakers. Ta-dam is right, when he said, that's same advantage if the pilot is not playing but get advance against other players without playing.
The ratter cant go out to make isk, because that is very dangerous, when a cloaker in the system and noone know who AFK, or not when no AFK tag,no ship type detection and other thing forget your troll in this topic, you just spamming the topic with your trolling.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#11 - 2012-08-08 13:24:25 UTC
Ribikoka wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Ta-Dam wrote:
Ribikoka wrote:

+1
Supported.

AFK cloaker break game economics, dont lie.
The ratters cant go out to make isk, that\ very dangerous when a cloaker in the system and noone know who AFK or not when no AFK tag and other thing forget your troll in this topic, you just spamming the topic with your trolling.

Firstly, I do not appreciate the constant ad hominem. I am explaining the issues and my stance in a civil manner, repeatedly calling me a liar, screaming "troll" or flat out using bigoted attacks do not help your case. Anyhow, I am not lying. AFK cloakers do not, themselves, do anything to the economy at all. Your claim that the ratters "cant go out to make isk" is incorrect. There is nothing stopping them from going out and making isk, they are perfectly capable of ratting and mining and whatever else-ing all day long. However, they chose not to. That's fine, that is their prerogative, but to blame other players - players who aren't even actually playing, as they are afk! - for the actions of others is dishonest and cowardly.
Ta-Dam
#12 - 2012-08-08 13:32:07 UTC
ISD TYPE40 wrote:
OP has been edited, I will however leave the thread unlocked as this is still a viable topic for discussion. But be warned, bigoted language, trolling and flaming will not be tolerated on these forums. As always, please post responsibly, thank you kindly - ISD Type40.

Please ban "TheGunslinger42" from this topic. He just ruin all forum topics with his continous trolling and personal attacks, without constructive answers.
Untouchable Heart
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-08-08 13:35:41 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
But in exchange you must give me a way to enter a system and be able to hunt down the people in it before they all scurry away and hide for hours on end til I leave or am destroyed.

Instantly knowing that there is a potential threat in a system and being able is hide without risk is both a bad mechanic AND bad gameplay.

Until local is addressed, learn to deal with the problem. I hear teamwork does wonders.

Not the local is the real problem. The bad cloak mechanics is the problem if ship can cloak 24/7 hours long.
Tenobia Aybara
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-08-08 13:51:55 UTC
It may be worth pointing out that a cloaky pilot in any Null Sec system is of less risk than any cloaky pilot in any inhabited Wormhole system. Why?

In the wormhole system you cant see there is a Red/Neut in system, so you don't have the information to avoid the risk - so what you do instead is have friends online to deal with it for you. These friends are called cloaked falcons, or rapiers or any other combat ship under the stars.

Want to be able to mine solo, without friends? Then go to Hi-sec, buy the new Procurer and AFK mine your life away.

AFK cloakers annoy me too, but you have to understand the way to deal with them is not to remove them from the game, it is to develop a viable defence strategy to neutralise them. This strategy is a combination of perma-bubbles, active gate camps, scouts and beefing up the toons guarding you in the belts.

Recently a Dev Blog stated that the recent changes were to allow miners to make meaningful choices before undocking. In Null Sec these choices have been around for ages.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#15 - 2012-08-08 13:58:50 UTC
Ta-Dam wrote:
ISD TYPE40 wrote:

Please ban "TheGunslinger42" from this topic. He just ruin all forum topics with his continous trolling and personal attacks, without constructive answers.

I do nothing but provide valuable insight and constructive criticism. We wormhole dwellers have adapted and found ways to deal with cloaky enemies, after all - and it is a far harder task for us, as we do not have powerful intel tools such as local.

You are free to disagree with me, but attempting to censor me and using multiple npc corp alts to yell "troll" is far more in the realm of ruining discourse by spewing personal attacks, trolling and an overall lack of meaningful or constructive contributions
Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#16 - 2012-08-08 14:01:02 UTC
Tenobia Aybara wrote:
It may be worth pointing out that a cloaky pilot in any Null Sec system is of less risk than any cloaky pilot in any inhabited Wormhole system. Why?

In the wormhole system you cant see there is a Red/Neut in system, so you don't have the information to avoid the risk - so what you do instead is have friends online to deal with it for you. These friends are called cloaked falcons, or rapiers or any other combat ship under the stars.

Want to be able to mine solo, without friends? Then go to Hi-sec, buy the new Procurer and AFK mine your life away.

AFK cloakers annoy me too, but you have to understand the way to deal with them is not to remove them from the game, it is to develop a viable defence strategy to neutralise them. This strategy is a combination of perma-bubbles, active gate camps, scouts and beefing up the toons guarding you in the belts.

Recently a Dev Blog stated that the recent changes were to allow miners to make meaningful choices before undocking. In Null Sec these choices have been around for ages.

U need to adapt to AFK cloaking because it is broke. And if something is broke it needs to eb fixed. Any advantage u can get by not being at your pc should be addressed. And i mean being 24/7 afk not on your comp and shutting whole systems sucks hard.

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#17 - 2012-08-08 14:08:14 UTC
Zloco Crendraven wrote:
Tenobia Aybara wrote:

U need to adapt to AFK cloaking because it is broke. And if something is broke it needs to eb fixed. Any advantage u can get by not being at your pc should be addressed. And i mean being 24/7 afk not on your comp and shutting whole systems sucks hard.

What advantage do you get while afk cloaked? Do you get isk? Do you get kills? Do you do anything? The answer of course is no. AFK cloakers do not, in fact can not, shut down a system. The residents of that system shut it down themselves. Again do not blame the afk player for someone elses (the miners/ratters/etc) actions.
Untouchable Heart
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-08-08 15:03:15 UTC
Zloco Crendraven wrote:
Tenobia Aybara wrote:

Yes, you see the problems and i know Balex players is experienced players like Djukas,Kreso Cakija or Babaroga too.
AFK cloakers get advantages to terrorize active players and break economics without play.
Advantages without play it's unfair against active players.

Crozo Yotosala
Safeside Mechanics
#19 - 2012-08-08 15:39:43 UTC
Honestly coming from both cloaky camping and being cloaky camped, the simple was to stop a cloaky camper is teamwork. Rat in fleets, or better yet, rat somewhere else. If someone is cloaky camping you and is in cyno range then you can obviously return the favor or use it to your advantage to set a trap. There isn't anything wrong with cloaky camping. Either get some friends or move your precious ratting ship a system over.

Anomaly 13 is recruiting. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6165199#post6165199

Untouchable Heart
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-08-08 16:15:31 UTC
Crozo Yotosala wrote:
Honestly coming from both cloaky camping and being cloaky camped, the simple was to stop a cloaky camper is teamwork. Rat in fleets, or better yet, rat somewhere else. If someone is cloaky camping you and is in cyno range then you can obviously return the favor or use it to your advantage to set a trap. There isn't anything wrong with cloaky camping. Either get some friends or move your precious ratting ship a system over.

It's simple not truth.
Easy to make for the big alliances with 8k players some cloaker alts and infect enemy system with AFK cloaker alts. Where could go a NPC ratter when all their system infected with AFK cloaker alts ? God bless us when the Goons will starting this tactics and ruin all enemy system.

Impossible defend all systems in same time and sometimes the activity is too low to risk ratting. And your idea is stupid what you told, to move other place, when the ratting systems in 0.0 need permits and sometimes a renter just have few system. And why give advantages for AFK players against the active players, why the active players need to move out against AFK players ?

The game mechanic is broken, more and more systems infected by AFK cloakers, who not doing anything else (dont collect intel) just trying to make economic damage with inactive playing.
123Next pageLast page