These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

INDY LOOKING FOR WORK

Author
Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-23 02:35:20 UTC
my profile in game has my current bpo/bpcs(willin got get more as needed). i am looking into getting into making things more hard core. If anyone is overly knoledgeable on the production side message me or join my room ".TheWorkshop." if you are looking to have things made at a reasonable cost send me a message or join my rom.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-05-23 12:33:17 UTC
I think the general idea is to build stuff your self and sell it on the market

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2012-05-23 19:29:17 UTC
Skippermonkey wrote:
I think the general idea is to build stuff your self and sell it on the market

This, pretty much...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-08-06 21:53:28 UTC
agreed but im not a fan of hauling sht to jita or amarr. and sometimes its easier to have a list of things people want to have a tad bit of motivation to go out and mine
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-08-06 22:29:38 UTC
I doubt your able to make these things cheaper than jita and still making profit anyway...

shar'ra phone home

Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-08-07 21:13:53 UTC
example i sell drones to local mission hubs for almost double the price and ammo with a easy 10-20% mark up and they sell off the market in days
Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-08-07 21:14:41 UTC
i dont atempt to beat jita prices. i see no point i beat local prices for mission runners
Kaara Invokis
Dynamis
#8 - 2012-08-08 08:16:24 UTC
Kailiee Hakomairos wrote:
example i sell drones to local mission hubs for almost double the price and ammo with a easy 10-20% mark up and they sell off the market in days

Its not just about profit - its about volume. I prefer to sell in Jita as whilst my margins are reduced, I'm making far more than I would in a backwater system by virtue of selling 6x the volume

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-08-09 19:30:27 UTC
I agree, but thats the thing im willing to wait that extra day or 2 to move something to sell 100-500-1m of something to mssion runners at that 5-15% mark up outside of trade hubs
Kaara Invokis
Dynamis
#10 - 2012-08-10 08:48:18 UTC
Yup, but in that time days you could produce another 1-2 days of produce. Its about making the production line continually work. Its fine selling to mission runners, but you have to make sure your productions lines are constantly in work. Thats the key thing imo
Kailiee Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-08-10 16:00:44 UTC
thats a very good way of looking at it. but the production line dont have to stop, just because something takes an extra day to sell though. but your right keeping it constly producing is always the goal
Ginger Barbarella
#12 - 2012-08-10 16:07:17 UTC
Take a look at T2 stuff that sells a lot in your area, and optimize costs for builds of their T1 components. Maybe you can try to make a market in your area for that kind of thing. Since I believe the only T1 stuff still dropping are drones, I would imagine there's a need to the T1 components of T2 stuff. I build my own because my skills are optimum, but maybe others aren't and don't want to bother with that part of it.

Sometimes I don't want to bother with building 250 heavies or assaults or whatever, so drop me a mail and I'll put you in my contacts.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Kaara Invokis
Dynamis
#13 - 2012-08-10 17:53:57 UTC
Logically if you make X product in one day, and it takes two days to sell, you've got a backlog of product. After three days you'll have shifted 1.5 days worth of product but will still have 1.5 on the market.

Admittedly if you're shipping to multiple hubs then its not a problem, as long as you can afford the capital tied up in production.

I do like Jita for the access to raw materials though. Makes big production lines easier (assuming you're willing to transport) - and if you have a freighter you can haul product in, drop it on the market and throw up your buy orders at the same time, so it only takes 1-2 runs/day

Looking at T1 components is a nice idea, and I'm guessing contracts for that would be good - but given you're focusing heavily on margin, I can't see it being too profitable (how much of a cut is another indy guy gonna let you take?)
Volar Kang
Kang Industrial
#14 - 2012-08-12 01:36:40 UTC
It all depends on what you are selling and how many you can move. I do t2 invention on a large scale. I can produce about 150 units of the modules in 30 days (from start to finish). I can only sell about 50 units in 30 days in my local area so each run I drop the 50 in my area and then haul the other 100 to Jita for the quick sale.

If you are selling out before the next run is produced then by all means, sell in the mission hubs. Sooner or later you are going to ramp things up and produce more supply than the demand in your area. At that point move the excess to Jita or Amarr.