These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Two more accounts unsubbed.

First post
Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#221 - 2012-08-07 15:59:56 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Dangerous because NPCs? Sure. Dangerous because a gang of 12 neck bears who can't make is in nul and enjoy ruining other people's days because they get stepped on in the real-world while serving fries to others to make their monthly troll-game payments? No. Get out.

i'm sorry that you don't like the pvp aspect of this game

try another game

No. I suggest you leave. You and your kind are what make this game have such a low population of players; because you pew at anything that moves, even in a tiny newb ship. For this game to thrive, PvP changes like what's happening should occur. Deal with it.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#222 - 2012-08-07 16:00:13 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Sadly CCP was never smart enough to do like most other games and put diminishing returns into "many vs 1", so of course people just bring X + 1 ships to do the job and once enough people use the "bring + 1" strategy to make somebody else's game miserable then CCP nerfs DPS along all the line including 1 v 1.

It'd put a hard limit on the scale of engagements which is never a good thing.

Blob warfare may be relatively unexciting compared to smaller scale fights but it's far more exciting to talk about fights between 2000 dudes than "oh man 4 of my friends and I decided to go roaming"

Never said the same "rules" would need to be enforced in 0.0
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#223 - 2012-08-07 16:00:49 UTC
Anslo wrote:
No. I suggest you leave. You and your kind are what make this game have such a low population of players; because you pew at anything that moves, even in a tiny newb ship. For this game to thrive, PvP changes like what's happening should occur. Deal with it.

350k subscribers is not a "low population" in any way, shape or form, hope this helps

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Anslo
Scope Works
#224 - 2012-08-07 16:01:01 UTC
Denidil wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Like I said before, get over it. If I want to explore low sec with probes, go into wormholes, engage in industry or trade in lowsec, or even rat or do missions to relax, I shouldn't have to deal with griefers all the time. I play this science fiction game for FUN, not life.

"I want to go into the explicitly dangerous areas and not be shot because Sandbox"

Dangerous because NPCs? Sure. Dangerous because a gang of 12 neck bears who can't make is in nul and enjoy ruining other people's days because they get stepped on in the real-world while serving fries to others to make their monthly troll-game payments? No. Get out.

you go into nullsec areas (w-space, or k-space) and you're at risk of being ganked. that is the design of the game. get over it. you want to do things with minimal risk (not no risk as some whiny bitches here are asserting high sec) stay in high sec.

highsec is, and should be, mostly-safe. soon as you leave mostly-safe space you're liable to get shot up. if you cannot deal with that then stay in ******* highsec.

No. I won't. Deal with it. CCP is already changing the game so that low sec is more accessible. And it will continue to change thusly. :)

Anslo
Scope Works
#225 - 2012-08-07 16:01:58 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

350k subscribers is not a "low population" in any way, shape or form, hope this helps

>implying 350k subscribers is indicative of a healthy and thriving online population where most activity online is around 40k now
>implying 10k of those 40k aren't just nulsec alts.

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#226 - 2012-08-07 16:02:33 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Denidil wrote:
you're a whiny little ***** Richard. HTFU.

fairly hypocritical of you to post "HTFU" anywhere

i'm not the one whining about targets that can't shoot back being made harder to suicide. I'm not the one whining about CONCORD exploits being fixed. I'm not the one whining about highsec being too safe.

Nor am I the one whining about lowsec/nullsec being not safe enough, or that other people's way of playing the game may conflict with mine.

You are just as bad, if not worse, than the complete carebears. The carebears just want to be left alone, you on the other hand cannot stand the idea that if you suicide someone in highsec it is going to be costly - which has been part of the ******* game design from day one.

That doesn't stop freighters carrying lots of shiny loot from getting suicided, nor should it.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#227 - 2012-08-07 16:04:02 UTC
Anslo wrote:
>implying 350k subscribers is indicative of a healthy and thriving online population where most activity online is around 40k now

except that the game is at those numbers because it caters to a niche rather than the masses

this game won't last long if it's suddenly transformed to cater to the "masses" given the fact that it's a set of spreadsheets with some outdated 3D graphics

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#228 - 2012-08-07 16:05:44 UTC
Denidil wrote:
i'm not the one whining about targets that can't shoot back being made harder to suicide. I'm not the one whining about CONCORD exploits being fixed. I'm not the one whining about highsec being too safe.

Nor am I the one whining about lowsec/nullsec being not safe enough, or that other people's way of playing the game may conflict with mine.

You are just as bad, if not worse, than the complete carebears. The carebears just want to be left alone, you on the other hand cannot stand the idea that if you suicide someone in highsec it is going to be costly - which has been part of the ******* game design from day one.

That doesn't stop freighters carrying lots of shiny loot from getting suicided, nor should it.

i'm sorry if i disagree with "hisec should be EVE in easy mode"

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#229 - 2012-08-07 16:05:59 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Seems fairly normal — 10%+ of total population consistently logged in on any given day (more on weekends).

Quote:
Well, that would certainly put a nail in the “omgz highsec is majority” claim's coffin.
Anslo
Scope Works
#230 - 2012-08-07 16:07:47 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

except that the game is at those numbers because it caters to a niche rather than the masses

this game won't last long if it's suddenly transformed to cater to the "masses" given the fact that it's a set of spreadsheets with some outdated 3D graphics

Wrong. If this game catered to the masses, it would last long. WoW lasted long. Guild Wars lasts long. Top that off with regular free content, you have a gold mine. PvPers have held this game back too long. If WiS had been released in full and even flying/walking on planets and cities, this game would see a THRONG of people flock to it (such as Mass Effect fans, sci-fi novel fans, sci-fi television show fans, Star Wars fans even, etc). More money, more content, more diversity, more interest.

But YOU and your ilk have done nothing but stagnate this game's growth by scaring people away and screaming bloody murder for anything that hinders your Blaster enabled e-peen beating. This stagnation has gone on long enough. Get over it or get out. The age of the care bear draws nearer.

Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#231 - 2012-08-07 16:09:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
Richard Desturned wrote:
Denidil wrote:

i'm sorry if i disagree with "hisec should be EVE in easy mode"

If you want to play a game that takes skill and has no npc protection, go play Darkfall and quit crying. EVE is as succesful as it is because of equalizer mechanics that allows bads to compete with the best, and has relative safety areas. Its the game you play, deal with it and,suck up your tears or GTFO.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#232 - 2012-08-07 16:10:12 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

MS Excel used to have a Doom easter egg.

Does it make a well more than 9 years old succesful set of spreadsheets with some outdated 3D graphics? P
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#233 - 2012-08-07 16:10:50 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Wrong. If this game catered to the masses, it would last long. WoW lasted long. Guild Wars lasts long. Top that off with regular free content, you have a gold mine. PvPers have held this game back too long. If WiS had been released in full and even flying/walking on planets and cities, this game would see a THRONG of people flock to it (such as Mass Effect fans, sci-fi novel fans, sci-fi television show fans, Star Wars fans even, etc). More money, more content, more diversity, more interest.

But YOU and your ilk have done nothing but stagnate this game's growth by scaring people away and screaming bloody murder for anything that hinders your Blaster enabled e-peen beating. This stagnation has gone on long enough. Get over it or get out. The age of the care bear draws nearer.

Ahahaha yeah let's try to bring WoW's success into context here because all of the WoW clones are also successful and have millions of subscribers, just like WoW

Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#234 - 2012-08-07 16:13:41 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Anslo curb stomping whiney derps with logic left and right. +1
Anslo
Scope Works
#235 - 2012-08-07 16:13:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Anslo
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Ahahaha yeah let's try to bring WoW's success into context here because all of the WoW clones are also successful and have millions of subscribers, just like WoW

More people and news about WoW than EVE isn't there? When it comes down to it, it's all about the bottom line, and PvPers of today are bad for business.

EDIT: And when did I say EVE should become a WoW clone? I said the PvP needs controlled and is stagnative to the game. Learn to read.

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#236 - 2012-08-07 16:13:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Denidil
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

i'd like to see that be 700k, or 800k or more. that means CCP could hire more staff and speed of iteration would increase. if that means reducing (but not making impossible ) suiciding then I'm fine with that. if that means making resource gathering more exciting i'm ok with that (also because that probably means the ships we pew pew with will cost less because new players entering the resource gathering professions).

and if it means making gooniebabies cry.. then i'm DEFINITELY ok with it

[edit]
i accidentally a few words

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Anslo
Scope Works
#237 - 2012-08-07 16:16:21 UTC
Denidil wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

i'd like to see that be 700k, or 800k or more. that means CCP could hire more staff and speed of iteration would increase. if that means reducing (but not making suiciding) impossible then I'm fine with that. if that means making resource gathering more exciting i'm ok with that (also because that probably means the ships we pew pew with will cost less because new players entering the resource gathering professions).

THIS. He gets it. Reign in the pvp and "HTFU" BS and bring in the masses. Slowly amp up pvp a little bit to get them used to it. More subscribers, more capital, a bigger game, more lore and story, more shiny ships, more bug fixes, more hiring, bigger company, better stuff, greater expansions. EVERYONE WINS.

But as I said, PvP extremists are just stagnating the game to the point that "genetic diversity" in eve is so non-existent that it will make it an extinct relic of a failed game where it COULD have been the single greatest and largest MMO to date.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#238 - 2012-08-07 16:16:54 UTC
Nerf Burger wrote:
Anslo curb stomping whiney derps with logic left and right. +1
Too bad that it's all fallacious and based on pure guesswork.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#239 - 2012-08-07 16:17:37 UTC
Anslo wrote:
More people and news about WoW than EVE isn't there? When it comes down to it, it's all about the bottom line, and PvPers of today are bad for business.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7905924.stm
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/arts/07eve.html?pagewanted=all
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8132547.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7256069.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8545268.stm

feel free to let me know when some raiders in WoW make the news

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#240 - 2012-08-07 16:19:34 UTC
Denidil wrote:
i'd like to see that be 700k, or 800k or more. that means CCP could hire more staff and speed of iteration would increase. if that means reducing (but not making suiciding) impossible then I'm fine with that. if that means making resource gathering more exciting i'm ok with that (also because that probably means the ships we pew pew with will cost less because new players entering the resource gathering professions).

because eve would be such a ~great~ game on its own merits

"come play EVE Online, a game with endless undocumented mechanics, boring missions and AWESOME MINING today"