These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Two more accounts unsubbed.

First post
Author
Ginger Barbarella
#201 - 2012-08-07 15:18:31 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
What's changed in 8 years that makes Eve less dangerous? Is it mechanics, or is it player behavior?

Let's see:

Instakilling, permajamming and instaneuting CONCORD, halving of CONCORD response times, removal of insurance payouts for losses to CONCORD, HP buff to all ships which was supposed to "increase the length of fights" but only served to make ships much safer in hisec, the ability to set stations as autopilot destinations

There's more than that too!

That statement alone speaks volumes about Goonies.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#202 - 2012-08-07 15:22:52 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Beats adding two new boring ships a year and no other content because the bitter vets are pissed at all change

Champion idea, old boy!

WoW with lightsabres poorly-coded spreadsheet templates back-ended by even more poorly-coded Access 2003 table for which probably no-one even remembers the code!

Oh, joy!

Maybe I'll even have the beastly-cool option to pay CAD 10.00 10 AUR tokens in the cash-shop for that newly-buffed "Savage M" ammo that never ever drops when the loot table says it should, despite Electronic Arts CCP "being aware of the problem, and looking into it," eh?

^^That^^ was sarcasm, by the way, now serious:

Get the **** out.

Go poison someone else's wells with your generic, easily-led, easy-to-please, easy-to-blinker intellectual putrescence.

I'm certainly not a "vet," by most people's reckoning --started "following" the game in mid 2008, putzed about with a few trials later that year, subbed up "for good" just after New Year's 2009, will never ever sell my "first main," in addition to handsome Tarryn, here-- but even then, EVE was harsher, and harder.

And more to the point, the community was 1,000,000,000,...,000 times better.

Now, what have we got? 30,000+ of you?

Thank you, no.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#203 - 2012-08-07 15:29:18 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:

Now, what have we got? 30,000+ of you?

No, U.
Anslo
Scope Works
#204 - 2012-08-07 15:31:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Anslo
Give me your stuff before you leave.

Seriously though, get over it. People play games as ENTERTAINMENT, something FUN to do. Not to get griefed. Not to spend all their life trying to be the better PvP'er with a hit of the damn F1 key. Not to be an addict to a piece of entertainment.

What? I should play something else then? No. I want to play a science fiction game, and people like YOU aren't going to ruin it for ME. The wallet of the care bears has spoken. Deal with it.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#205 - 2012-08-07 15:33:32 UTC
BearJews wrote:
Can someone explain to me why a sandbox game (as many claim) is supposed to be just PVP? My understanding is Eve plays out according to how you want to play it, not how someone else wants your experience to be.

That's why I come back, that's why I enjoy the game. Sure you can influence my image of the game, but I will do my best to enjoy it how I want to play. To me that is exactly what a Sandbox should be.

When someone says, well Eve was meant to be played X type of way, that instantly means crying.

"kicking down sandcastles"

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#206 - 2012-08-07 15:34:18 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Seriously though, get over it. People play games as ENTERTAINMENT, something FUN to do. Not to get griefed. What? I should play something else then? No. I want to play a science fiction game, and people like YOU aren't going to ruin it for me. The wallet of the carebears has spoken. Deal with it.

if your idea of "fun" is watching your mining lasers hit a rock, well, have fun

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#207 - 2012-08-07 15:35:02 UTC
"how will this PvP-centric game ever survive time like it has for 9 years"

Anslo
Scope Works
#208 - 2012-08-07 15:36:22 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Seriously though, get over it. People play games as ENTERTAINMENT, something FUN to do. Not to get griefed. What? I should play something else then? No. I want to play a science fiction game, and people like YOU aren't going to ruin it for me. The wallet of the carebears has spoken. Deal with it.

if your idea of "fun" is watching your mining lasers hit a rock, well, have fun

>implying anyone who doesn't PvP mines.

Like I said before, get over it. If I want to explore low sec with probes, go into wormholes, engage in industry or trade in lowsec, or even rat or do missions to relax, I shouldn't have to deal with griefers all the time. I play this science fiction game for FUN, not life.

Tarassse
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#209 - 2012-08-07 15:37:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarassse
Mors Sanctitatis wrote:
When I was a new player, Eve was incredibly lethal. Jump into a .4, get your face blown off. Rinse, repeat. Your life span was usually dictated by how long you could hold your cloak at a gate. This part of the game was what kept me coming back for more. Extreme risk, extreme danger, extreme loss if you make a mistake.

So, losing your gate cloak was a mistake, thus resulting in your absolute death? Seems fun, indeed! Roll

Quote:
I play this science fiction game for FUN, not life.

This.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#210 - 2012-08-07 15:40:16 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
NEWBREED FAILTHEMEPARKERS UNITE!!!! (It's OK, EVE is "safe" for you now.)

Fixed.

Next!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#211 - 2012-08-07 15:46:19 UTC
BearJews wrote:
Can someone explain to me why a sandbox game (as many claim) is supposed to be just PVP?
Because it comes inherent with being a multiplayer sandbox.

“Sandbox” doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. It means everyone can do whatever they want, and this will include things that you don't want them to do… in particular things they might want to do to you that you don't want them to do.

As a result, pretty much everything you (and everyone else) do will be done contrary to someone else's wishes, and you will have to compete with that other — more or less directly — to ensure that you get your way. This is further reinforced by the simple fact that everything you do in the game is a competition over limited resources in one form or another: if you get an item, it means someone else has to go without. You are always competing. To top it all off, the core of the game actually has nothing to do with spaceships: at its very core, EVE is a market simulator fed by the two opposing forces of PvP industry and PvP combat, and on this market players compete — player vs. player — over the ISK and items that are poured into that market.
Jim Era
#212 - 2012-08-07 15:47:55 UTC
I just fly around and do not contribute to PvP or to the market whatsoever, your argument is invalid.

Wat™

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#213 - 2012-08-07 15:49:52 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Like I said before, get over it. If I want to explore low sec with probes, go into wormholes, engage in industry or trade in lowsec, or even rat or do missions to relax, I shouldn't have to deal with griefers all the time. I play this science fiction game for FUN, not life.

"I want to go into the explicitly dangerous areas and not be shot because Sandbox"

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2012-08-07 15:50:27 UTC
"I should be able to do exploration, which is inherently in competition with other players, without risk"

Anslo
Scope Works
#215 - 2012-08-07 15:56:23 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

"I want to go into the explicitly dangerous areas and not be shot because Sandbox"

Dangerous because NPCs? Sure. Dangerous because a gang of 12 neck bears who can't make is in nul and enjoy ruining other people's days because they get stepped on in the real-world while serving fries to others to make their monthly troll-game payments? No. Get out.

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#216 - 2012-08-07 15:57:24 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
I should be able to ridiculously abuse tactics to the point of breaking the game without recourse

Richard Desturned wrote:
Kill All miners, who needs minerals anyway

Richard Desturned wrote:
You're not playing the game the way I want it played! You're avoding letting me masturbate all over my keyboard while i suicide you! WWWWHHAAAAA

you're a whiny little ***** Richard. HTFU.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#217 - 2012-08-07 15:57:42 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Dangerous because NPCs? Sure. Dangerous because a gang of 12 neck bears who can't make is in nul and enjoy ruining other people's days because they get stepped on in the real-world while serving fries to others to make their monthly troll-game payments? No. Get out.

i'm sorry that you don't like the pvp aspect of this game

try another game

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#218 - 2012-08-07 15:58:54 UTC
Denidil wrote:
you're a whiny little ***** Richard. HTFU.

fairly hypocritical of you to post "HTFU" anywhere

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#219 - 2012-08-07 15:59:19 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Anslo wrote:

you go into nullsec areas (w-space, or k-space) and you're at risk of being ganked. that is the design of the game. get over it. you want to do things with minimal risk (not no risk as some whiny bitches here are asserting high sec) stay in high sec.

highsec is, and should be, mostly-safe. soon as you leave mostly-safe space you're liable to get shot up. if you cannot deal with that then stay in ******* highsec.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Nerf Burger
Doomheim
#220 - 2012-08-07 15:59:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerf Burger
seems like all Richards arguments revolve around taking things to extremes. How typical of someone crying over this change.