These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kronos Fit

Author
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-12 08:45:56 UTC
Hi all,

I'm currently playing around with my next ship choice. I currently fly a Navy Domi but I'm looking for another ship that is a little bit different to fly and I've come across the Kronos.

This is the fit that I'm thinking about, one of my questions is what to put in the mid slot, do I put a Target Painter (that is currently there) or would a Tracking computer be better? Or is there something else?

This is my fit at the moment:

[Kronos, Marauder]
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II
Damage Control II
Large Armor Repairer II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Target Painter II **** Maybe change this?
100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hammerhead II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Thanks all!
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2011-10-12 08:52:41 UTC
You will definetly want a webifier on that ship. I dont know enough really with blasters to give ya a good fitting, I am sure someone will come in though to help out more.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Tesh Sevateem
Cherry Candy Mountain
#3 - 2011-10-12 08:52:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tesh Sevateem
You shouldn't be worried about whether or not to put a TP in your mid slots, when you don't have a single Magnetic Stabilizer in your low slots.

And what makes you consider a TP on a gunboat in the first place?

The following tanks 568 DPS Serpentis damage, cap stable when AB isn't running. If you want more range, switch to rails. No reason to go completely overboard with tanking. Damage is still past 1100 DPS with this one using only T2 - naturally less applied damage due to low range of blasters.

[Kronos, Serpentis]
Large Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Antimatter Charge L
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre II x2
Hobgoblin II x1
Hammerhead II x2
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-10-12 08:59:47 UTC
Tesh Sevateem wrote:
You shouldn't be worried about whether or not to put a TP in your mid slots, when you don't have a single Magnetic Stabilizer in your low slots.

Well, this is what I'm asking. I don't know much about gun boats. I've usually gone for drone boats, but Lvl 4's are easy now in my navy domi so I'm looking for a bit more of either a challenge or a different way of playing, so any advice you can give would be great. I had forgotten about the webber.

So what would you recommend removing to make room for mag stabs?
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#5 - 2011-10-12 09:01:57 UTC
Ok, so I've changed my fit to this:

[Kronos, Marauder]
Armor EM Hardener II
Large Armor Repairer II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Stasis Webifier II
100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager II

Hammerhead II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Tesh Sevateem
Cherry Candy Mountain
#6 - 2011-10-12 09:03:10 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Tesh Sevateem wrote:

Well, this is what I'm asking. I don't know much about gun boats. I've usually gone for drone boats, but Lvl 4's are easy now in my navy domi so I'm looking for a bit more of either a challenge or a different way of playing, so any advice you can give would be great. I had forgotten about the webber.

So what would you recommend removing to make room for mag stabs?
The excess tank you have. Check my suggested fit - 3 damage mods is quite basic in any fit where ISK/Hour is considered. Do you prefer rails? If so, then consider ditching the web and replacing it with a Tracking Computer.
Tesh Sevateem
Cherry Candy Mountain
#7 - 2011-10-12 09:07:20 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Better, but do remember that many missions don't require you to tank EM damage. In that case, remove it and replace it with a 2nd MagStab.

Lastly, if you're new to gunboats, perhaps it would be a good idea to play around with a Megathron for a week or two first? Smile
Tore Smith
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2011-10-12 09:13:05 UTC
it looks like youre going to be using it for pve purpuses, so i will base my comments on that:

range: range with blasters is abysmal with your fitting. also an ab wont cut it to cover distance fast. if your using blasters, use a mwd.

dmg: you have not a single dmg mod fitted. this is not good. its bad, very bad.

cap: youre fit has way too many cap mods. this is a waste of slots.

so to sum it up, unfortunately with this base fit it doesnt even matter what you put in the spare mid slot, because it wont make this bad fit work. you will have to understand that the kronos is not a drone boat and that you have to fit it accordingly to not disappoint you, namely get good dmg application from your guns.

there you basically have two options: either blaster fit it with a mwd or rail fit it to have good range from the guns. i will give you both fittings i run in l4 missions. the rail version is used for serpentis und guristas, while the blaster version for me only makes sense in a few special missions and mercs, where i still rather use a paladin, but have to admit that the blaster kronos is more fun.

railfit:

[Kronos, mission_rail]
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repairer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

425mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge L
Drone Link Augmentor I
Salvager I
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Nanobot Accelerator I

Warden II x3
Hobgoblin II x5

blasterfit:

[Kronos, mission_blaster]
Dark Blood Large Armor Repairer
Tracking Enhancer II

Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range
100MN MicroWarpdrive II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hammerhead II x5

just try both, because you dont have to change rigs and see what you like best.
Florin Pelecaci
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-10-12 09:17:22 UTC
Tesh Sevateem wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Better, but do remember that many missions don't require you to tank EM damage. In that case, remove it and replace it with a 2nd MagStab.

Lastly, if you're new to gunboats, perhaps it would be a good idea to play around with a Megathron for a week or two first? Smile

Ok, thanks for that Tesh. I did look at the megathron and might get one to play around with as it won't be quite so expensive to lose should I mess up Blink

I don't want to go abck to rails as I've always used them for distance. I want to try something totally different to what I'm used to.
The hardeners weren't put on for any specific fit, I just selected a few to check cap/powergrid/cpu requirements. They will be changed as per the mission running.

I took your advice and took another hardener off to make room for another mag stab. I've left my cap relay on as I like to run the AB all the time and so now the fit looks like this: DPS 923 - Volley 4114.

[Kronos, Marauder]
Armor EM Hardener II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Large Armor Repairer II

100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager II

Hammerhead II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#10 - 2011-10-12 17:02:13 UTC
Before it was possible to use MWDs in most missions I fitted out a 'thron with the intention of trying to make a blaster fit work in missions...
I avoided the buffer (modules and rigs) and rep rigs which I might normally have considered on grounds they would slow me down too much but even so, and even using a Gist X-Type 100MN AB it was entirely impractical to chase down NPCs to get them into Blaster range.

If you intend to use Blasters then you will need an MWD.

Because your Blasters cycle a lot more quickly than your web I'd probably look at dual webs too - with an MWD, active tank and high cap-use guns fitted there's no way you're going to practically achieve cap stability... so forget that and fit a cap booster.

Looking at the hardeners I'd assume you're looking to deal with the Gallente Navy in Enemies Abound, a mission I have no experience with, it may be that in that particular instance the range issue is entirely void but in that case why would you want an AB anyway...
I doubt however that it's a single mission ship.
Nadia Nyrum
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-10-13 17:23:06 UTC
Rail Fit that Tore Smith posted is pretty much what i used to use. Pretty much 3-4 shots BS's (Guristas) and demolishes everything else with 1-3 shots.
Enjoyed it when i was doing Missions in Empire. I definately agree that using Blasters on this are pretty detrimental because of the travel time in most missions. You can control the range well and enjoy Pulling aggro with Iridium rounds and popping everything @ 35km Opt (50K with Falloff) with AM or the Uranium vwich reaches out a little bit further.
Puss in Boots
Naked Moon Industries
#12 - 2011-10-13 19:02:28 UTC
Florin Pelecaci wrote:
Tesh Sevateem wrote:
Florin Pelecaci wrote:

Ok, thanks for that Tesh. I did look at the megathron and might get one to play around with as it won't be quite so expensive to lose should I mess up Blink

I don't want to go abck to rails as I've always used them for distance. I want to try something totally different to what I'm used to.
The hardeners weren't put on for any specific fit, I just selected a few to check cap/powergrid/cpu requirements. They will be changed as per the mission running.

I took your advice and took another hardener off to make room for another mag stab. I've left my cap relay on as I like to run the AB all the time and so now the fit looks like this: DPS 923 - Volley 4114.

[Kronos, Marauder]
Armor EM Hardener II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Large Armor Repairer II

100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager II

Hammerhead II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Ew. 3 Damage mods always. Rails are better for pve over blasters with few exceptions. Use the rail fit until they buff hybrids... whatever that is going to be.
Lugalzagezi666
#13 - 2011-10-13 19:57:11 UTC
I dont know, what op wants to use the ship for, but only situation, where i found blaster kronos useful in pve was damsel in distress. Blink