These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

building legitibility

Author
Antonio Medichi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-08-05 19:44:46 UTC
hello market-based eve peoples

on the market forum you can often find many, many bond offers, and in the comments i often see people questioning their honesty. so my question is, how can you establish that you are legitimate if you havent done a bond/etc before?
george harries
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-08-05 19:53:02 UTC
LEGITIMACY is the word the title needs not sure what you mean by legitibility What?
Rykker Bow
Center for Advanced Studies
#3 - 2012-08-05 20:29:10 UTC
Don't think of it as coming in and needing to establish yourself or rep grinding or anything like that.

Join the forums and make yourself heard. Contribute. Give opinions. Over time people will get to know who you are and have a personal dossier and be better able to make decisions like give you ISK. People will be able to look back on your posts and look for critical information such as trading skills, knowledge, even possible links to questionable behavior. At the end of the day people are more inclined to loan ISK to someone the know than someone who just walks into MD asking for money.

The Mjolnir Bloc - Lowsec PvP for the sophisticated - The Mjolnir Bloc Killboards

clamslayer
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-08-05 20:32:03 UTC
no hope of building legitibility now
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#5 - 2012-08-05 21:14:49 UTC
If you'd read the trillions of Evelopedia pages you could find this old yet evergreen ironic piece of mine:

Vaerah Vahrokha's "The Elusive MD Reputation: an ironic tutorial about starting a successful career in the MD."

Guide: How to grind MD reputation like a pro
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-08-05 22:02:19 UTC
just act as if you had it all along (and don't ask for money)

Antonio Medichi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-08-06 02:03:00 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
If you'd read the trillions of Evelopedia pages you could find this old yet evergreen ironic piece of mine:

Vaerah Vahrokha's "The Elusive MD Reputation: an ironic tutorial about starting a successful career in the MD."

Guide: How to grind MD reputation like a pro

nice thread. thanks
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#8 - 2012-08-06 02:40:40 UTC
it took me over a year to gain credibility worth up to 1029.12 isk
Revan Slahka
Splintered Dreams
Brave Collective
#9 - 2012-08-06 03:05:54 UTC
i tried transparentcy a few months back, a few questioned me a bit harshly, but a few gave me a try. they made a nice bit of money off me from the one month i did it. so if your like me and dont mind people knowing what you trade/build you can go that route just do an audit of your self. altho someone will always question if its legit. so for short its hit or miss that route, but im a risk taker
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-08-06 11:37:34 UTC
People can't predict the future, but the future is typically correlated with the past. Have a good past. Have a history of trading, of making profit, of trying different things, of having reasoning.

People don't like mystical black boxes that money goes in and more money comes out. Mystical money can look like a worm and lots of people associate worms with hooks.
Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-08-06 14:37:05 UTC
Collateral.

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.