These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I actually have a decent idea.

First post
Author
Rivur'Tam
the united
#1 - 2012-08-04 10:49:15 UTC
instead of nerfing gate guns and other tard ideas i have one

make all ships have selectable bonus ie ,

abaddon
5% damage
5% rof
5% cap usage
dronebay and bandwidth +

5% resists
% armor hitpoints
% rep amount

etc etc gives us the option to chose the ships bonus make it so when the ship is packaged you can choose the bonus we want and to change them you have to repackage it or something like that

is that not a good idea

what about atts respec for plex ?

also i think ccp should advertise on tv using hot womem/men with alcohol then show some pew pew this will get more money for them and more people for us to shoot

c/d?

10 geeks points for each comment about grammer.

[b]Inappropriate signature removed. Spitfire

^^ my sig was awesome that naugty spitfire stole it for himself true story

United Recruitment Director.[/b]

Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#2 - 2012-08-04 10:52:39 UTC
We already have that... it's called the fitting screen.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Lexmana
#3 - 2012-08-04 12:57:24 UTC
Yeah, that would be great. Why not have the ability to choose class of the sip too? Then we only need one ship in all of EVE.
Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-08-04 13:00:07 UTC
You seemed so surprised and excited that you 'actually have a decent idea', which leads me to believe these ideas don't come to you all that often. That's why I feel even worse when I tell you that your idea is not all that decent, its pretty bad.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#5 - 2012-08-04 14:08:17 UTC
Rivur'Tam wrote:

abaddon
5% damage
5% rof
5% cap usage
dronebay and bandwidth +

5% resists
% armor hitpoints
% rep amount

etc etc gives us the option to chose the ships bonus make it so when the ship is packaged you can choose the bonus we want and to change them you have to repackage it or something like that

It's called a strategic cruiser.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#6 - 2012-08-04 14:15:02 UTC
Ships have roles.

You pretty obviously want to pick a ship and make it do what you want. EVE does not work that way. You pick a role, find the ship that fits it best, and fit it with said role in mind. Some ships can fill a few roles depending on fit (like the Hurricane or Drake), and some can fill exactly none well (like the Hyperion).
Gulboy
Absolute Order
Absolute Honor
#7 - 2012-08-04 15:51:54 UTC
If that idea is implemented, I wonder what bonuses can a strategic cruiser acquire...
Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#8 - 2012-08-04 16:37:15 UTC
The problem with this idea is that all the current ships have set roles. To properly implement this brilliant idea, we're gonna need a new race. Yep, only logical conclusion.
Maddie Gunslinger
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-08-04 17:08:09 UTC

I notice people are not liking this idea much, and as it stands, it isn't looking very good to me either.
As I see it this idea would only add to the ships with already solid roles or multiple roles, improving their performance in exactly those roles.

Ex.
5% of low damage output < 5% excellent tank.
5% of low tank < 5% of excellent damage output.

When any and all scaling is accounted for, find the best ship for the role, find the best attribute of the ship for the given role, enhance it by 5% pretty much.

With that said however, a 5 % increase is hardly noteworthy(unless you mean per level, in which case it is a game changer) for anything substantial and it could be a further customization option, it could actually be fine but I see little use in it.
So while it does not solve the problem you mention, it does add another level of customization albeit a limited one, and I'm not really against it.

I was going to post a counter proposal in this thread, but then it evolved into a longer post with other areas of interest as well and I do want to allow people to troll me for what I'm worth as there has been little chance of that up to this point.

PLEX for attribute respec is a sound idea, and I fully support it.
Hot women/men drinking alcohol and blowing stuff up, I fully support that as well.

Also my eyes hurt.

What? No...

Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-08-04 19:13:43 UTC
Rivur'Tam wrote:

abaddon
5% damage
5% rof
5% cap usage
dronebay and bandwidth +

5% resists
% armor hitpoints
% rep amount

is that not a good idea

what about atts respec for plex ?

also i think ccp should advertise on tv using hot womem/men with alcohol then show some pew pew this will get more money for them and more people for us to shoot

c/d?

10 geeks points for each comment about grammer.

Yeah, or you could just using a different ******* ship that already has those abilities.

The LULZ Boat.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#11 - 2012-08-05 08:23:47 UTC
Bernie Nator wrote:
The problem with this idea is that all the current ships have set roles. To properly implement this brilliant idea, we're gonna need a new race. Yep, only logical conclusion.

The Minmatar already exist, silly one.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2012-08-05 17:01:26 UTC
Off topic posts removed.

Moved from General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-08-06 03:00:33 UTC
I guess my "I want Pandas!" post may have been a little over the top...

So I'll just say that allowing ships to modify their inherent values to do any job you want with them, for only the price of a repackage is one of the worst ideas I've heard here in my short month or so.

Women/Men with booze and pew pew? Fully endorsed, of course.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#14 - 2012-08-06 05:33:06 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Off topic posts removed.

I think you missed the OP when you were clearing out off-topic posts Ugh

This entire thread appears to be a troll (it's certainly not a decent idea, none of the things in it are and most of them are often repeated and shot down every time).
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#15 - 2012-08-06 11:22:22 UTC
From experience I can now say that gambling on the fact that any post starting with things like "Great idea", "World's best idea", "Fantastic idea", "I've had an awesome idea" etc.will be terrible will result in a net gain in profits.

Unless you have a completely pointless idea you should really at least try to create the title to be relevant. I completely understand that in this case it's a rubbish idea so you didn't want to make the title relevant otherwise no one would have bothered to read it but food for thought for the future.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#16 - 2012-08-06 12:59:16 UTC
Tchulen wrote:
From experience I can now say that gambling on the fact that any post starting with things like "Great idea", "World's best idea", "Fantastic idea", "I've had an awesome idea" etc.will be terrible will result in a net gain in profits.

Unless you have a completely pointless idea you should really at least try to create the title to be relevant. I completely understand that in this case it's a rubbish idea so you didn't want to make the title relevant otherwise no one would have bothered to read it but food for thought for the future.

I actually have a theorem about that, how much the post's title declares that it contains a great idea is inversely proportional to how good the idea actually is. I have yet to be proven wrong.

(I think the reason being that the people who can't think of good ideas also can't think of good titles and feel the need to compensate by declaring the idea is good to try to convince you)
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#17 - 2012-08-06 13:50:21 UTC
mxzf wrote:

I actually have a theorem about that, how much the post's title declares that it contains a great idea is inversely proportional to how good the idea actually is. I have yet to be proven wrong.

I like it and I agree. I can't remember reading a post that breaks that theorem.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#18 - 2012-08-06 14:02:43 UTC
Tchulen wrote:
mxzf wrote:

I like it and I agree. I can't remember reading a post that breaks that theorem.

Then we need to look for a thread named something like:
Awful Idea that makes people disgusted

In it will be something amazing, at least it will either be accurate or better than expected.

As for this idea, not really well thought out.

Even if you ignore the obvious impact of custom module loadouts, rigs themselves become a part of the hull, and basically do what you described already.

Better luck next time!