These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Inferno 1.2 to be deployed on Wednesday, August 8

First post
Author
Droxlyn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-08-03 18:08:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Droxlyn
Would you mind giving the Hulk about 20 more CPU? I'm 21 units short of being able to fit:
High power
3x Modulated Strip Miner II
Medium power
1x Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
1x Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
1x Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
1x Survey Scanner II
Low power
2x Mining Laser Upgrade II
Rig Slot
2x Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

if you throw in an extra 20 PWG, I could fit a Medium Shield Extender II instead of one of the shield amps.

(Crosses fingers.)

Drox
Sanyo Santiago
Homicidal Nomads
#22 - 2012-08-03 18:09:07 UTC
Quote:
Added a Settings tab into all Inventory windows that allows players to make all secondary Inventory windows open up in a new window as the default behavior, making it unnecessary to hold the Shift key.

YES! Finally!

Although there are many other things in the patch notes which I LOVE, this is absolutely key for me! Thanks CCP for getting your stuff together!
Minsk2k6
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-08-03 18:10:38 UTC
Quick question... looking at potential yield and ore hold/cargo hold sizes, am I going to need to fit all of my barges and exhumers with expanded cargo hold mods in order to complete one cycle of anything, or will mining turrets dump their output directly to the ore holds?
Droxlyn
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-08-03 18:13:22 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
@DEVs in what case do you think the skiff would be usable. It is pointless in high sec, low/null sec it will just get tackled then blown up.

I can fit a Skiff and a Noctis in an Orca at the same time. With a 130k m3 mission running ship, I an swap out and do anything just by visiting my tag-along flying base/fleet booster. If the Noctis went on a Diet of 20 or 70k m3, then I could use the other exhumers instead.

The skiff has the highest HP, so it is the most expensive to gank.

Drox
Minsk2k6
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-03 18:13:36 UTC
@DEVs in what case do you thiink the skiff would be usable. It is pointless in high sec, low/null sec it will just get tackled then blown up.

Special bonus allows its 1 mining turret to have the mining output of 3 mining turrets

I think that makes it a lot more useful in HS now :P
Droxlyn
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-08-03 18:15:13 UTC
Minsk2k6 wrote:
Quick question... looking at potential yield and ore hold/cargo hold sizes, am I going to need to fit all of my barges and exhumers with expanded cargo hold mods in order to complete one cycle of anything, or will mining turrets dump their output directly to the ore holds?

The mining modules know to use the ore holds.
Etharion Calthon
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-08-03 18:17:42 UTC
"They are not inventable as there is currently no tech 2 version. The BPO's will be sold by all the same NPC corporations as Miner I blueprints." - CCP Tallest

What?

No Tech II version?!! Are you guys kidding me right now? Who made that call? EVERY SINGLE rig is inventable. I'm a
Tech II rig producer and I see bright future for T2 mining rigs. There is plenty of demand for Tech II rigs on the new
barges since they are FAR more surviveable.

This is an easy fix....I suggest you implement the following:

Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator II
18% ice cycle reduction
Calibration: 325 (allows fitting of T2 shield rigs @ 75 calib=400)
Invention skills: Laser Physics, Electronic Engineering
Materials: Power Circuit x 6, Logic Circuit x 6, Current Pump x 4 @ ME: -4

Medium Mercoxit Mining Crystal Optimization II
24% mercoxit yield
Calibration: 325
Invention skills: Laser Physics, Electronic Engineering
Materials: Power Circuit x 6, Logic Circuit x 6, Current Pump x 4 @ ME: -4

Skill required: Jury Rigging IV

Theres still time to get this right, not doing this is an oversight on your part and should be corrected.

Kalzin Maya
#28 - 2012-08-03 18:17:47 UTC
@DEVs in what case do you thiink the skiff would be usable. It is pointless in high sec, low/null sec it will just get tackled then blown up.

Tougher and even has 2 fewer expensive Strip Miners, making it cheaper to fit and less of a reward to gankers
Minsk2k6
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-08-03 18:21:01 UTC
Droxlyn wrote:
Minsk2k6 wrote:

The mining modules know to use the ore holds.

Common sense would say that, yes... but just looking for confirmation.

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#30 - 2012-08-03 18:22:06 UTC
Either the patch notes are wrong, or the test server doesn't have the latest data. Mackinaw ore hold is 25000m3 base on test server right now, patch notes say 28000.

please let the patch notes be right, and the test server wrong :D

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Etharion Calthon
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-08-03 18:23:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Etharion Calthon
Droxlyn wrote:
Would you mind giving the Hulk about 20 more CPU? I'm 21 units short of being able to fit:
High power
3x Modulated Strip Miner II
Medium power
1x Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
1x Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
1x Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
1x Survey Scanner II
Low power
2x Mining Laser Upgrade II
Rig Slot
2x Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

if you throw in an extra 20 PWG, I could fit a Medium Shield Extender II instead of one of the shield amps.

(Crosses fingers.)

Drox

Toss on a CPU rig and you are done! =) Then you can do a T2 Anti-Thermal screen rig (CHEAP!) and arrive at the same
place.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#32 - 2012-08-03 18:28:15 UTC
Mining devblog is up take the mining stuff over there P

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-08-03 18:34:13 UTC
Minsk2k6 wrote:

Special bonus allows its 1 mining turret to have the mining output of 3 mining turrets

I think that makes it a lot more useful in HS now :P

The mackinaw yealds the same amount as the skiff, has one extra low slot, so potentiallly 9% more, and holds 35000m3, so it is the new king of high sec solo mining.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Irin Denai
Irin Sublime Futures Explorations
#34 - 2012-08-03 18:35:54 UTC
Droxlyn wrote:

1x Survey Scanner II

Lol, lookit dat scanner
Etharion Calthon
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-08-03 18:38:39 UTC
Actually I think the Skiff will be quite useable in high-sec. The Orca will be able to carry x 4 in the ship bay, making
mission mining and mobile grav site clearing with a single Orca + friends very viable.

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-08-03 18:46:12 UTC
amarr got screwed again in the bonus. You know, the reduciton in cap would be great if lazers were not already gimped with from the begining
Minsk2k6
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-08-03 18:48:01 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Mining devblog is up take the mining stuff over there P

Mining stuff is part of the update. Deal with it.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#38 - 2012-08-03 18:56:04 UTC
Minsk2k6 wrote:

If a ship has an ore bay, incoming ore from modules/drones will always go in to the ore bay.
If a ship does not have an ore bay, incoming ore from modules/drones will always go in to the cargo bay.
If the appropriate bay is full, the module/drone will deactivate as normal, and excess ore is lost.

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#39 - 2012-08-03 18:56:05 UTC
Skill unlock list as well as green background are very welcome.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2012-08-03 18:57:10 UTC
Dinta Zembo wrote:
Quote:
Ships that self-destruct whilst under aggression will now generate a regular kill-report.

And the lord looked down upon new eden, and he saw that it was very good.

Plenty of discussion about this here
Enjoy!

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law