These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

High-Sec Wars, Ganking, and the flaging system.

Author
Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2012-08-02 11:47:10 UTC
its already 2nd.... or 3rd year ccp is fixing this :)

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Pipa Porto
#22 - 2012-08-02 17:28:49 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Kirin Intarca wrote:
A WarTarget can get logistic support from an alt in an NPC corp with no risk to the logi ships in highsec. As a war target engages another a 3rd party logi ship can rep a ship and not flag for helping the hurting ship. Therefore, a fleet of BCs and BSs can just beat on this ship with a 3rd party logi ship repping it and get no where. The fleet cannot engage the logi ship to stop the reps without CONCORD stepping in and blowing up the aggressive ships on the logi boat. This is leading player to double boxing and triple boxing for logi alts to do a 1 pilot war against high sec corporations.

Stop fighting on station and problem solved. 3rd Party Logi get flagged to the entire corp that the person they're repping is at war with. The third party logi "problem" is that they can dock when they get shot at because they're not aggressed.

The ability to dock up wen it's inconvenient to be undocked is standard for station games and is why most people don't like playing them.

So stop playing station games if you don't like station games.

This. The root of the problem is there is no aggression timer so the NPC/neutral logistics can simply jump a gate or dock up whereas everyone else involved will suffer a 60 seconds aggression timer penalty.

As you can imagine this is 'exploited' although it's worth mentioning that both sides could potentially use NPC rr and so technically there can be balance but its just a really, really rubbish mechanic.

You can also use non-Neut RR in the exact same way. Being able to Jump/Dock is one of the benefits of being a Logi pilot.

On gates, keep some tackle de-agressed so it can jump in after the logi you're forcing through. Don't fight on stations, there's literally no reason you'd have to fight on stations in HS, since you can't take the station. If you want to kill people trying to bust the camp, keep forcing the logis to dock, or bring Alpha doctrines.

If you're tackle is too terrible to stay de-agressed (or to just wait on the other side of the gate) when it's blindingly obvious that they need to be able to jump the gate to grab the logi, that's not a game balance problem.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Kirin Intarca
Lezaruss Industrial Systems
#23 - 2012-08-02 22:32:07 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Stop fighting on station and problem solved. 3rd Party Logi get flagged to the entire corp that the person they're repping is at war with. The third party logi "problem" is that they can dock when they get shot at because they're not aggressed.

The ability to dock up wen it's inconvenient to be undocked is standard for station games and is why most people don't like playing them.

Weather fighting near a station or gate is irrelevant. I am not talking about an aggression timer for the docking jumping mechanic. The issue, is that I have personally seen multiple times where we were fighting a war and a neut-alt logi came to the battle area (a belt, or safe spot away from a station) repped the enemy ship and never flagged to my corp. They sat there the whole battle until we all just warped to disengage.

I am saying the logis need to get flagged so a WT can't get "invincible free heals" because we can't stop the repper unles we want to be concorded.
Pipa Porto
#24 - 2012-08-02 22:44:00 UTC
Kirin Intarca wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Weather fighting near a station or gate is irrelevant. I am not talking about an aggression timer for the docking jumping mechanic. The issue, is that I have personally seen multiple times where we were fighting a war and a neut-alt logi came to the battle area (a belt, or safe spot away from a station) repped the enemy ship and never flagged to my corp. They sat there the whole battle until we all just warped to disengage.

I am saying the logis need to get flagged so a WT can't get "invincible free heals" because we can't stop the repper unles we want to be concorded.

If they repped one of your valid targets and didn't get flagged as shootable, something went wrong, either a bug or a problem with your overview settings.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Previous page12