These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Exploit? CCP response requested .

First post
Author
Krystalline Meth
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-08-02 16:41:21 UTC
Two step wrote:
My personal opinion is that this seems like a bug, and it should be fixed. I'll leave the exploit determination to CCP.

Like when your corp exploited wormholes for infinite tracking boosts lol CSM talking about exploits! Twisted
Sokor Loro
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-08-02 16:42:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sokor Loro
Xuixien wrote:
My question is who doesn't spam "warp" or "jump"?

Are you trying to tell me that Mr. Durrr is an honourable spacediety and he only ever ever presses the button more than once?

The thing is, this was done multiple times, in-front of our faces. It was completely intentional, they knew exactly what would happen and knew that their fleet could not be caught. Even in this thread, people admit to knowing about it previously. Claiming ignorance is ridiculous.

It is a bug, and that bug was being used to their advantage.

Ultimately, this isn't even about that particular plex, it isn't about how we didn't ship down or you didn't ship up or how we blobbed you. It isn't about taking the system, it isn't about the warzone, kills, or losses. It wasn't the fact that a random minmatar fleet got away from us, and we couldn't do **** about it. It's the fact that it was a CSM member who was doing it. Comparing Durr to Hans is ridiculous in this case. CSM members are held to far higher standards, and are expected to be an example. And Hans decides to be an example by knowingly using a bug to his advantage. End of story. It's at the very worst, an exploit, and at best, a questionable action.

Talks of bans or his removal from the CSM are ridiculous and overblown. But this should be leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths. Instead you're laughing about it and mocking people who are expressing concern.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#43 - 2012-08-02 16:51:14 UTC
Sokor Loro wrote:
Ultimately, this isn't even about that particular plex, it isn't about how we didn't ship down or you didn't ship up or how we blobbed you. It isn't about taking the system, it isn't about the warzone, kills, or losses. It wasn't the fact that a random minmatar fleet got away from us, and we couldn't do **** about it. It's the fact that it was a CSM member who was doing it. Comparing Durr to Hans is ridiculous in this case. CSM members are held to far higher standards, and are expected to be an example. And Hans decides to be an example by knowingly using a bug to his advantage. End of story. It's at the very worst, an exploit, and at best, a questionable action.

Talks of bans or his removal from the CSM are ridiculous and overblown. But this should be leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths. Instead you're laughing about it and mocking people who are expressing concern.

And here I thought you were upset because your alliance leader Mittani got booted from the CSM.... Roll Who knew you'd be uspet at a CSM member for using a game mechanic to do something in game. Who knew?
Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#44 - 2012-08-02 16:53:10 UTC
Sokor Loro wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Are you trying to tell me that Mr. Durrr is an honourable spacediety and he only ever ever presses the button more than once?

The thing is, this was done multiple times, in-front of our faces. It was completely intentional, they knew exactly what would happen and knew that their fleet could not be caught. Even in this thread, people admit to knowing about it previously. Claiming ignorance is ridiculous.

You know what would of stopped them? Entering the plex and setting up your camp at the warp in.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#45 - 2012-08-02 16:55:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Xuixien
Sokor Loro wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Nice nice except it's a legal game mechanic (that people have used for years) and will remain so until CCP rules otherwise.

Saying that a CSM shouldn't use game mechanics to his advantage (ie, "edge play") simply because he's a CSM is an untenable argument. If anything, it's the CSM's job to discover these exploits and bring them to the attention of the Devs - often times this requires an abuse of said mechanics. That said, I would hardly consider dodging your failcamp 3 times in a row an "abuse of mechanics". I'm sorry you guys were embarrassed but really, there's no need to call foul and bring his CSM status into it. I know, I know, CFC/HBC are all about "the propaganda war" and "character assassination" and all that metagame stuff, so I don't blame you too much for giving it a try.

At the end of the day, however, I fail to see how this is "game breaking". People will still die outside of plexes and get ganked. If you really want the kills just move the camp into the plex.

Sorry lil bro. :(

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Zeric Sarain
#46 - 2012-08-02 17:02:00 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:

None of the Amarr old-guard (who value combat plexes as the tool they are designed to be) are complaining about this supposed "exploit". It's only Fweddit who are sad they couldn't gank our cruiser/thrasher fleets at 3:1 odds. vOv

It's not all of Fweddit, either. Some of us know better.
Xuixien
#47 - 2012-08-02 17:09:42 UTC
Zeric Sarain wrote:
Vordak Kallager wrote:

None of the Amarr old-guard (who value combat plexes as the tool they are designed to be) are complaining about this supposed "exploit". It's only Fweddit who are sad they couldn't gank our cruiser/thrasher fleets at 3:1 odds. vOv

Thank you for that.

Sokor Loro
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-08-02 17:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Sokor Loro
X Gallentius wrote:

And here I thought you were upset because your alliance leader Mittani got booted from the CSM.... Roll Who knew you'd be uspet at a CSM member for using a game mechanic to do something in game. Who knew?

Mocking me for someone who isn't/wasn't my alliance leader getting removed from the CSM (an action I actually agreed with). Quite a rebuttal(heh, fixed :P) to my argument!

Schalac wrote:

You know what would of stopped them? Entering the plex and setting up your camp at the warp in.

Ignoring any content in my argument and attempting to re-direct attention from it. Awesome!
Xuixien
#49 - 2012-08-02 17:12:13 UTC
That's quite a reputable you got there.

Sokor Loro
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-08-02 17:15:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Sokor Loro
Xuixien wrote:

Thanks for pointing it out to me! I'm glad you are concerning yourself with spelling instead of content.

edit: lawl I misspelled it again on the second edit :P
Xuixien
#51 - 2012-08-02 17:19:38 UTC
Sokor Loro wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Thanks for pointing it out to me! I'm glad you are concerning yourself with spelling instead of content.

edit: lawl I misspelled it again on the second edit :P

I'm just killing time while I wait for you to address the content of my earlier post, mate.

Wenron
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2012-08-02 17:22:26 UTC
Sokor Loro wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

If it is a bug that affects everyone, is it really a problem at all? Let CCP provide the answer for that one. Until such time, I'm filing this away as something that is handy to know.
Rezig Huruta
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2012-08-02 17:38:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Rezig Huruta
Sokor Loro wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

I want to make it completely clear what your point is, so does this sum it up:

You believe landing on the acceleration gate and warping immediately is an exploit.

Many people do not agree with you - various reasons were given, some good, some bad. But, I think the most vital of them, is that it helps enforce the ship hull restrictions INSIDE the plex.

Whether that is intended or not is up to CCP to determine. As it stands, you now know without a doubt that you must change tactics to match those of your enemy.

Good luck! :)
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#54 - 2012-08-02 17:45:50 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Sokor Loro wrote:
Mocking me for someone who isn't/wasn't my alliance leader getting removed from the CSM (an action I actually agreed with). Quite a rebuttal(heh, fixed :P) to my argument!
No I was mocking you for someone who really is your alliance leader. Instead of wasting 10 pages about how "Fweddit really isn't a pet of Goonswarm", "we're different, really!" lies and all that stuff, let's just put that issue aside.

However, I was also mocking you for being upset at somebody playing the game legally - as if that was the real reason you are "upset". Feel free to respond this part all you want.
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#55 - 2012-08-02 17:51:38 UTC
Zeric Sarain wrote:
Vordak Kallager wrote:

You are now among one of the Fwedditors that I can admire and respect. Bear

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2012-08-02 17:52:02 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
He only counts to two-Mississipi before pressing the activate button. And if he finds out that any of his Fweddit have not done the same, he forces them to mine in highsec for a week.
Sokor Loro
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-08-02 18:04:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Sokor Loro
X Gallentius wrote:
No I was mocking you for someone who really is your alliance leader. Instead of wasting 10 pages about how "Fweddit really isn't a pet of Goonswarm", "we're different, really!" lies and all that stuff, let's just put that issue aside.

Oh. You're just trolling.

On topic, I'll admit I didn't know this was a, "been happening for years" thing. I've dabbled with this character and a few others in FW for a few months now, but have only been playing for a year or so. Last night was the first time that it was ridiculously apparent something was wrong. In all the gates I've been on or escalations I've done I haven't seen a specific example of it happening. Although It's likely I've seen it before and just thought I didn't get a point on fast enough.

edit: Now I'm looking for some clarification. It seems like most of the fweddit guys I've talked to (and myself) thought that it's a bug that you can activate the gate if you are pointed. A few people here seem to think that it's a bug that when pointed you CAN'T jump.

So what is the intended mechanics behind this? As in, which one is a bug and which one is "right"? Because right now, neither of them work.
Callous Jade
Dockturnal Bromance
#58 - 2012-08-02 18:08:12 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
What would the point be of even having ship-restricted combat PLEXes (always a defining feature of Faction Warfare) if the acceleration gates didn't work like this? It would more or less eliminate their usefulness as a tool to manage bigger numbers and bigger hulls.

So why not just do away with the acceleration gates all together and make it impossible for an over-sized ship to warp to those plexes? Seriously, I find it hard to believe that you are stupid enough to believe the crap that comes out of your own mouth sometimes, Vordak.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2012-08-02 18:23:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Oops.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-08-02 18:24:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Oops.