These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[MLIBA] Declaration of Intent

Author
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-08-02 06:45:41 UTC
Let it go, Azdan.

If she wishes to wishes to rectify her peoples' perceived wrong-doing in fire, then it is those fires that she will be tested in.

Tasha, think not that I do not watch, even with bated breath, your plight. Your goals are commendable, but I cannot agree with the channels you are taking to reach them.

Your actions will brand you a terrorist. Perhaps your accomplishments will touch the hearts and souls of your people, but you shall always be a terrorist first.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#22 - 2012-08-02 07:27:16 UTC
Tasha Ayanara wrote:
At 01730 local time, Azdama, Mishi IV, the Mishi Liberation Army attacked the MIO provincial headquarters. The attack was successful beyond our wildest dreams. In the space of thirty minutes we killed over fifty of the occupiers of our world and demolished the building. This is just the beginning.

The tragic irony being that in the Mishi provincial headquarters, the majority of the workers are Ni-Kunni.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Kazzzi
Heathen Legion
Iron Men of the Hood
#23 - 2012-08-02 11:51:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kazzzi
Kazzzi wrote:
Article citation: the fact remains that they are generally regarded as second-class citizens

Azdan Amith wrote:
nothing indicates that they are "fifth class citizens"

~semantics~
Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-08-02 11:51:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Azdan Amith
I cannot let it go, Miss Halete.

While you have a valid point regarding leaving her to be judged by her own actions, the fact remains that countless numbers will suffer because of this. My attempts to dissuade her are on their behalf, not my own.

When, if all else fails, she is judged by the fires wrought of her own works; there will be no question that I attempted to discourage her from this path peaceably and reasonably before hand.

EDIT: Mister Kazzzi, it may be semantics but the image painted is important. Claiming that a people are treated as "fifth class citizens" is not only a gross exaggeration, it incorrectly and unjustifiably paints them as being so far below anyone else that there's no chance of them ever excelling which as been proven absolutely false throughout history.

~Archon Azdan Amith,  Order of Light's Retribution

Kazzzi
Heathen Legion
Iron Men of the Hood
#25 - 2012-08-02 11:57:12 UTC
Azdan Amith wrote:
Mister Kazzzi, it may be semantics but the image painted is important. Claiming that a people are treated as "fifth class citizens" is not only a gross exaggeration, it incorrectly and unjustifiably paints them as being so far below anyone else that there's no chance of them ever excelling which as been proven absolutely false throughout history.

So you disagree with the veracity of the impartial demographic study?
Tamiroth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#26 - 2012-08-02 11:58:12 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
The tragic irony being that in the Mishi provincial headquarters, the majority of the workers are Ni-Kunni.
The "freedom fighters" of all kinds always kill their own people without even a shadow of regret, ms. Hanaya. Like the minmatar claiming that the slave crews of Amarr ships are either "happy to die so their brethren will be free" or "deserve to die for succumbing to the slavers' will, why they don't rise and join us?". Everyone who is not with them is against them and a traitor of their people, it's always in the logic of the resistance.

Soon the "Mishi Liberation Army" will announce that every free and loyal Ni-Kunni who still supports the Empire is an "Amarrian lapdog" and deserves death as well.

The terrorists just have no other way.
Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-08-02 12:00:22 UTC
Kazzzi wrote:
So you disagree with the veracity of the impartial demographic study?

I disagree with the notion that the Ni-Kunni are treated as "fifth class citizens." The demographic study does not indicate they are incapable of climbing in social status.

Kazzzi
Heathen Legion
Iron Men of the Hood
#28 - 2012-08-02 12:02:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kazzzi
Every free and loyal Ni-Kunni who still supports the Empire is an "Amarrian lapdog" and deserves death!

Thanks Tammy. I could use another propaganda writer on my staff. Let me know when you are graduating from the institute and I'll set you up with an internship.
C Walken
Order of the Chaotic
Iron Men of the Hood
#29 - 2012-08-02 12:12:41 UTC
Azdan Amith wrote:
[The demographic study does not indicate they are incapable of climbing in social status.

Nor does it say they are incapable of launching themselves into orbit by eating a can of beans and lighting a match under their behinds, but we can only imagine how that would normally work out.

Though I'm sure one or two really talented fellows could possibly make it happen.
Tamiroth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#30 - 2012-08-02 12:35:47 UTC
Kazzzi wrote:
I could use another propaganda writer on my staff. Let me know when you are graduating from the institute and I'll set you up with an internship.
Uhhh, thanks, but no. The working conditions in your office must be horrible. All that mud, reeds, and no sun whatsoever because of the bridge above...
Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-08-02 12:59:15 UTC
C Walken wrote:
Nor does it say they are incapable of launching themselves into orbit by eating a can of beans and lighting a match under their behinds, but we can only imagine how that would normally work out.

Though I'm sure one or two really talented fellows could possibly make it happen.

Your asininity does you no credit.

Kazzzi
Heathen Legion
Iron Men of the Hood
#32 - 2012-08-02 13:02:35 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:
Kazzzi wrote:
I could use another propaganda writer on my staff. Let me know when you are graduating from the institute and I'll set you up with an internship.
Uhhh, thanks, but no. The working conditions in your office must be horrible. All that mud, reeds, and no sun whatsoever because of the bridge above...

In todays economy you shouldn't be too picky. I'll leave the offer on the table for now.

On a side note, Kaztropol actually experiences a great deal of sunshine in the summer months, which a certain group of Ni-Kunni tourists will soon be enjoying. We have many recreational activities planned for them from rock climbing to anti-personnel mine emplacement. We welcome them and sincerely hope they enjoy their stay.
Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-08-02 13:56:15 UTC
You all are forgetting that a "terrorist" by definition need inspire terror in others.

The thought of a bungling group of Ni-Kunni running around trying to plant bombs without blowing themselves up sounds more of an old comedy routine I saw on stage once than a fearsome organization.

But you know, good luck with all that. Remember you point the shooty-end at the other people.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-08-02 15:22:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Azdan Amith
EDIT: Redacted for misunderstanding context on my part.

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#35 - 2012-08-02 15:30:22 UTC
Azdan Amith wrote:
Don't discredit the entire people for the sins of the ignorant few.

I got the distinct impression that the aforementioned "bungling group of Ni-Kunni" was only in reference to the group of rabblerousers responsible for this thread. I can't figure out where or how you got the idea that she was referring to the entire Ni-Kunni population.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-08-02 15:31:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Azdan Amith
Yes, I edited my post for that exact reason.

Tasha Ayanara
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-08-02 20:14:00 UTC
We, the Mishi Liberation army wish to issue this statement:

We call upon all Ni-Kunni to resist their Amarrian oppressors and help us end the occupation of our world. The task will be difficult, but worth it. We will, in all actions, seek to minimize the hardship of the Ni-Kunni people, both living on and off Mishi.

However. any Ni-Kunni actively collaborating with our occupiers and oppressors will be treated just as harshly as the Amarr.
Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-08-02 20:57:27 UTC
Tasha Ayanara wrote:
We, the Mishi Liberation army wish to issue this statement:

We call upon all Ni-Kunni to resist their Amarrian oppressors and help us end the occupation of our world. The task will be difficult, but worth it. We will, in all actions, seek to minimize the hardship of the Ni-Kunni people, both living on and off Mishi.

However. any Ni-Kunni actively collaborating with our occupiers and oppressors will be treated just as harshly as the Amarr.

Tamiroth wrote:
Soon the "Mishi Liberation Army" will announce that every free and loyal Ni-Kunni who still supports the Empire is an "Amarrian lapdog" and deserves death as well.

Now you've made prophets out of two of us. It is a pity you will not see reason. I pray no more are drawn into this madness, there will be no mercy for you.

Tasha Ayanara
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-08-02 22:45:41 UTC
A couple of news articles:

Terrorist Attack Leaves 30 dead, 8 wounded.
by A. Q'lenth
The provincial capital of Azdama was rocked by a explosion at around 1728 local time 07.31. The blast, centered on the MIO building sparked a ten minute gun battle that concluded with security forces driving off the attackers. Immediately following the attack a hereto unknown group, calling itself the Mishi Liberation Army, took credit.

The MIO spokesperson had this to say:
"This attack will not go unanswered. This Mishi Liberation Army will go the way of all the other heretical and terrorist groups that operate in the Empire. Even now we are deploying troops to help secure and stabilize the area."

That was followed by an article today.

MIO Troops Destroy Terror Cell in Azdama.
by A. Q'lenth
Azdama residential district of Aryat Sazeem was woken up early this morning, around 0300 local time, when MIO troops stormed a house that served at a headquarters of the terrorist group known as the Mishi Liberation Army. The Mishi Liberation Army had previously taken credit for a terrorist attack that destroyed the MIO headquarters in Azdama.

The assault began when armoured vehicles and VTOL assault ships entered the neighborhood and surrounded the house. Elite assault troops began to fast rope down to the top of the central building. However, not all went according to plan when a terrorist opened up on the assault ship with a military grade gatling pulse laser. The assault ships were forced away and ground forces were forced into a twenty minute gun battle that lit up the night sky. The deciding blow in the battle came when the APC crashed though the wall of the compound into the central building where the terrorist had holed up.

The MIO did not release friendly casualties as they are still in the process of notifying the families. However they say that seventeen terrorists were killed. The commander on scene, a Ni-Kunni issued this statement: "We called multiple times on them to surrender, yet each time they returned the call with gunfire. We appeal to all the Ni-Kunni people to stop this nonsense and return to their peaceful lives. The MIO also calls on members of the MLA to come forward and help end the bloodshed before it happens. We are promising leniency to any that do come forward."
Mardon Hashur
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-08-03 01:31:44 UTC
Tasha Ayanara wrote:

We call upon all Ni-Kunni to resist their Amarrian oppressors and help us end the occupation of our world.

How illegitimate revolution is this! Ms.Ayanara is calling for all of the Ni-Kunni to rise up in revolution to gain the independence of one planet let alone a system! As I said before, this is not a revolution just a capsalers attempt to gain control of a planet for her personal use and not for "the good of the Ni-Kunni people." How can anyone, let alone, her own people in the demographic of the Ni-Kunni support this terrorist.

Sincerly Mardon Hashur