These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Fitting a noctis properly.

First post
Author
Discord Quorra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-07-31 21:29:06 UTC
so to all you pro salvagers, if you use a noctis; what do you fit your ship with?
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#2 - 2012-07-31 21:36:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CorInaXeraL
Gloves. You never know what those rusty wrecks are carrying.

Edit:

For the sake of serious responses. Tractor beams, salvagers, a bit of tank to avoid those gankers in the mids, and lows for optimizing cargohold with a DCU for just-in-case moments.
Discord Quorra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-07-31 21:39:52 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:
Gloves. You never know what those rusty wrecks are carrying.

reported looking for a serious answer
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#4 - 2012-07-31 21:44:23 UTC
Fitting a noctis is situational dependent. You'd fit it differently for high sec salvaging than you would w-space. For High sec, I recommend 4 salvagers, 4 tractors in your high slots, a prop mod and tank in the mids, expanded cargoholds in the low, and salvage tackle rigs. For w-space, 3 tractors, 3 salvagers, a cloak, and a probe launcher in the highs, and the rest you can keep the same. Pretty easy to fit really.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#5 - 2012-07-31 21:46:16 UTC
depends on the task
HS FIT
6x tractor II
2x Salvager II
1x 10 mn MWD
1x blank mid or MSE
3x cargo expander II
3x salvage t1 rigs

Low/Null
6x tractor II
2x Salvager II
1x 10 mn MWD
1x Sebo with locking script
2x nanos
1x ECH II
3x Salvage Rigs t1
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#6 - 2012-07-31 21:50:21 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Fitting a noctis is situational dependent. You'd fit it differently for high sec salvaging than you would w-space. For High sec, I recommend 4 salvagers, 4 tractors in your high slots, a prop mod and tank in the mids, expanded cargoholds in the low, and salvage tackle rigs. For w-space, 3 tractors, 3 salvagers, a cloak, and a probe launcher in the highs, and the rest you can keep the same. Pretty easy to fit really.

This is a good answer, though I think you're better off skewing slightly in favor of tractors over salvagers. IIRC we went 4/3 and a cloak.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Discord Quorra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-07-31 21:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Discord Quorra
thanks guys appreciate it. i wasnt fully sure completely what to fit due to a lack of real thorough salvaging guides, or at least i wasnt able to find one that i could really learn from.

normally i learn pretty well on my own, but sometimes you just need to ask
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#8 - 2012-07-31 22:02:38 UTC
salvager IIs and Salvage rigs make the salvaging part go VERY fast. I think on the noctis I had I was 5/3 but I think that was with t1 salvagers and a low salvage skill, I could see 6/2 working just fine with high skills.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

zatazon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-08-01 00:05:15 UTC
I have salvager 5 but run T1 salvagers(too lazy to get T2) anyways ive found a 5/3 is great and a 6/2 is not bad either
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-08-01 00:06:40 UTC
if you cant figure out how to fit a ship that only has 1 role then you should probably just quit eve now.
it's like asking 'hey guys, what do i put in the high slots of my hulk?'.

i mean ffs...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Bill Serkoff2
Tachyon Technology
#11 - 2012-08-01 00:08:04 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
if you cant figure out how to fit a ship that only has 1 role then you should probably just quit eve now.

i mean ffs...

But what about those meds and lows.

"The Cyclone and the Drake are two ships which will basically never be good for shield tanking, primarily because they have almost no lowslots in addition to shield tanking bonuses. " -Iam Widdershins

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-08-01 01:37:42 UTC
Bill Serkoff2 wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

i mean ffs...

But what about those meds and lows.

like it matters on a salvager...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#13 - 2012-08-01 03:07:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalel Nimrott
For wh space I recommend 3 salvagers t2, 5 tractors, mids 1 props and the rest of your choice and at least one stab. All of this with large fries, large coke and a scanner alt.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Lojak 2501
Unitum Investigationis et Progressus
#14 - 2012-08-01 03:14:39 UTC
mine has....
4 tractor 4 salvagers
mwd, sebo (no script)
cargo expanders
and expander rigs
all t2 except the rigs

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-08-01 07:00:20 UTC
Personal high sec fit

High

4 tractor bean II
4 Salvager II

Med

10MN AB II
Sensor booster II

Low

3 Expanded Cargo Hold II

Rig:

3 Medium Salvage tackle.

Aleign to a celectial and watch D-scan for gankers
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#16 - 2012-08-01 07:52:32 UTC
Even with Salvaging [4] and T1 Salvagers a Noctis with three Salvage tackle rigs will experience a lot of downtime on its salvagers while you wait for wrecks to come into range unless you're in the midst of a convenient bait ball of close in wrecks.

By the time you're running T2 salvagers keeping even a pair of them fed needs more management and more rapid clicking than it probably took to create the wrecks in the first place.

I would therefore never recommend more than two Salvagers.

The Noctis is fat and slow, particularly if you have cargo expanders fitted, so while a prop mod may seem pointless with the ship's huge range bonus I would fit a 10MN MWD to cut align times - though the fact that you can use it to get to that one wreck which is out of range is not disadvantageous.

The remaining mid I would use to keep the salvagers fed, a SeBo to cut lock times.

Lows are where the ship can really vary; If you have Multitasking [5] then a Sig Amp II fills your lock allocation, if you're following a large group round then it makes sense to expand your cargo (although with the removal of the bulky T1 loot the need is arguable these days). The lowslots are also your only real option for anything resembling a tank...
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-08-01 08:15:22 UTC
Highs: 4 salvagers 4 tractors
Rigs: Salvage tackles
Mids: afterburner & tank related
lows: Speed mods

I generally just use mine for mission running, and haven't had a problem with cargohold space since I empty out everything in station between every few missions. Generally I want to get my noctis in and out as fast as possible.
Riven Aleem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-08-01 10:42:01 UTC
The removal of Tier 0 and Cap boosters has removed almost all need for cargo expanders in the Noctis. Don't cripple yourself.
Ms Sade
Hammertime Holding
Division Nine Alliance
#19 - 2012-08-01 21:36:50 UTC
I prefer:

[Noctis, Small scraps]
Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II

Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Repeating about the lack of meta 0 items, cap boosters and the reduction in metal scraps means that the lows are for agility.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-08-02 08:55:19 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
Even with Salvaging [4] and T1 Salvagers a Noctis with three Salvage tackle rigs will experience a lot of downtime on its salvagers while you wait for wrecks to come into range unless you're in the midst of a convenient bait ball of close in wrecks.

By the time you're running T2 salvagers keeping even a pair of them fed needs more management and more rapid clicking than it probably took to create the wrecks in the first place.

I would therefore never recommend more than two Salvagers.

I need sometimes 3 or 4 cycles with Salvager II. Even when I have 4 on same wreck.

Fit I use is rather boring and unoriginal...

Highs:
4x Small Tractor Beam II
4x Salvager II

Mids:
Exp. 10mn MWD
Meta 4 SeBo

Lows:
3x Expanded cargohold II

Rigs:
3x Salvage Tackle
12Next page