These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

what does people think of being able to reuse wasted SP

Author
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#41 - 2012-07-31 17:19:49 UTC
I see no real reason to do this, but...

I would support a one-time PER ACCOUNT redistribution of 1-3 million SPs after 12-18 subscribed months. It would allow players to recover skillpoints wasted in noob mistakes and dead-end career exploration, and be a reward for staying with the game.

The key is to avoid the potential for someone to respec their skills for the latest craze in ship fittings.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#42 - 2012-07-31 17:28:37 UTC
If by “reuse” you mean “delete”, then maybe. That should solve people's OCD over having “wasted” SP in skills they don't like, but it would also be abused letting people have far cheaper clones for the ships they fly since they can get rid of all those pesky prereqs…

If by “reuse” you mean “redistribute”, then hell no.
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-07-31 17:33:04 UTC
yer i do see all the aguments for not doing it. but so many new people train skills that they A dont every need they only trained it by mistake. this char is a opure pvp char anyway so does not realy bother me, and i do have 3 accounts my self for multipul different thigs. it was jsut more an idea off a change that could benifit more. not a whine becasue i made a mistake. as this char has very much zero wasted sp. but seems like the masses think its bad so np thanx for the comments tho guys nice to see you can have a discustion on here with people voiceing, sound and constructive things not jsut jup on the troll wagon.
Demolishar
United Aggression
#44 - 2012-07-31 17:33:44 UTC
Would certainly help to train those pesky Drones and Nav skills without a specific remap.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2012-07-31 17:36:33 UTC

I "does" not like the reuse sp idea at all.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Y'nit Gidrine
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-07-31 17:43:23 UTC
Tippia wrote:
If by “reuse” you mean “delete”, then maybe. That should solve people's OCD over having “wasted” SP in skills they don't like, but it would also be abused letting people have far cheaper clones for the ships they fly since they can get rid of all those pesky prereqs…

If by “reuse” you mean “redistribute”, then hell no.

You already can "delete" sps. You can even "delete" other people's sps if they aren't careful enough Twisted
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-07-31 17:43:55 UTC
No. Any other questions?
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-07-31 18:52:06 UTC
As a new player, I am starting to find that some of the skillpoints I believe I wasted, are not actually a waste... sometimes, I trained a skill for a single module, which I found that I got bored of, but later on, that skill was important and saved time in unlocking something else.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#49 - 2012-07-31 18:56:11 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
As a new player, I am starting to find that some of the skillpoints I believe I wasted, are not actually a waste... sometimes, I trained a skill for a single module, which I found that I got bored of, but later on, that skill was important and saved time in unlocking something else.

My ship module skills I want to keep. It's the aborted career path I'd like to reclaim. I can fly a hulk and have decent industrial skills. I no longer have any desire to use those skills.

I got this far without it and if I never get a skill respec, I'll be fine with that. But if it were available, I'd reclaim 2-3 million SP and either jump into being able to fly a cap ship, or train up the remaining battleships that I can't fly. Or maybe just get all the racial frigates to 5 and finally train to fly interceptors and interdictors.

I'm at that point that it will take me 60-90 days to complete any meaningful training plan to add a new ship to my roster. That can be frustrating.

Oh...maybe they could make it an option for the Christmas present? 1 million SP remap, one per account per year. (just tossing out ideas to propel discussion)

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-07-31 18:57:01 UTC
Wasted SKILL POINTS?!?!

WTF op? you are the one that did the clicky clicky thing when setting up your training que and all. you chose them. CCP will not give them points back. live an learn kid
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-07-31 19:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
i support the proposal completely, as penalty you should loose the equivalent of the skillpoints you reassign in random other skills

the ability should be listed under Lobotomie and you can decrease the loss of random skills loss by 1% per skill level of "Neurosurgery"

hey and if you pod people you can loot their brain and get some of their skills, wouldnt that be great Pirate
Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#52 - 2012-07-31 20:44:42 UTC
AllUrBase wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed before. The most common response is that whatever you do in EvE has consequences. Deal with it. Your mining skills will haunt your character till you biomass it. :P

I was waiting for that word. Consequences. It's kinda funny, because while the whole game is and should be about consequences, some only want consequences for certain things.

For instance, skill remaps should not be allowed because, consequences. However, nobody should be banned from hisec due to a tanked sec status (-5-10). I'm just pulling that one at random, I could easily say that miners want to mine freely during a time of civil unrest, but don't think they should have to sacrifice yield for tank. In both instances, there are consequences.

Everyone wants the good, and no one wants the bad.

John Hancock

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#53 - 2012-07-31 20:45:56 UTC
How about you don't 'waste' your skillpoints in the first place.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-07-31 20:46:04 UTC
There is no such thing as "wasted SP". Your skills are only wasted when you choose to waste them by not using them.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#55 - 2012-07-31 20:55:30 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
There is no such thing as "wasted SP". Your skills are only wasted when you choose to waste them by not using them.

I kind of see it as resume material. Yeah I haven't anchored a space structure for over a year, but I can do it and that may be useful to somebody else.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2012-07-31 21:15:18 UTC
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:
Wasted SKILL POINTS?!?!

WTF op? you are the one that did the clicky clicky thing when setting up your training que and all. you chose them. CCP will not give them points back. live an learn kid

well as you probs did not read all the posts I my self and my 3 accounts multipul accounts are fine. but i jsut thought it would be a good thing to keep ore people playing makeing it easyer to change carrier paths with out the months of trainig needed.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#57 - 2012-07-31 21:30:50 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:
Wasted SKILL POINTS?!?!

well as you probs did not read all the posts I my self and my 3 accounts multipul accounts are fine. but i jsut thought it would be a good thing to keep ore people playing makeing it easyer to change carrier paths with out the months of trainig needed.

And those of us who have spent years getting said paths are once again screwed. That's just straight up lazy.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Korsiri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-07-31 21:34:17 UTC
No.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-07-31 21:45:33 UTC
Let me guys you started the game without any info o.O the game is already i think 10 years old now!?! correct me if wrong. So there is so many info how to play plan and creat your style in skill books. I have zero wrong skills. Because i planned before i play eve that was back in 2008. it take me 10 days to plan 4 year skill tree. Or you are a player that starts from day 1 well then ok perhaps ccp can let say people that played sinds start the have a option perhaps to reskill. But well is that realy needing?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#60 - 2012-07-31 21:54:10 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:
yer i do see all the aguments for not doing it. but so many new people train skills that they A dont every need they only trained it by mistake.
Everyone was new at some point, so it doesn't make any difference. Learning what you want to do in the game is part of the game, and nothing trained is ever a mistake: you picked it for a reason, and the reason was valid at the time.

Respecs are for games that lock you into a single class/skill tree that you can never get out of. EVE is not that kind of game. If you want to do something else, you can — just train it and get going. As such, EVE doesn't need a respec system and introducing one would, in fact, be pretty darn harmful to the game. It tries to solve a problem that doesn't exist to begin with, and in trying to apply a solution from some other game to this non-problem, EVE would inherit a whole slew of other problems that never existed either from that other game.