These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Explorer looking for assistant (excellent job for new player)

Author
Alliria Seedspawn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-07-31 17:27:59 UTC
First off, I AM NOT RECRUITING FOR A CORPORATION. The intent of this post is to find someone to partner up with, regardless of their corporation affiliation.

Now...to the meat....

I'm a high sec explorer, and am loving it. I'm a completionist, so I Noctis everything, regardless of whether most consider it "junk" loot/salvage or not. But I absolutely DESPISE sifting through all the stuff I bring in and determining what to sell and what to reprocess or keep. The amount of stuff I tend to bring in is decent money for a new player, and I'm looking for an assistant who would be willing to offload all the loot / salvage I find for a 50% cut. I do the work of bringing it in, and you do the work of getting rid of it again. I'll just give it all to you and wait for you to sell it and send the isk my way. You'd be more than welcome to participate in my exploration fleet, but it's not required.

If you're interested in such an arrangement, or if you have a different proposition, let me know!
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#2 - 2012-07-31 17:50:32 UTC
Might want to throw ship/module replacement in there as well, as in exploration terms it won't cost you much of anything due to how dirt cheap destroyers are and it will probably ease new players' minds.

And, to direct something at the new players: don't ever accept an offer of this nature if he actually wants you to fly a noctis, unless he's supplying the ship himself (i.e. assuming the risk of you stealing it). Generally you'll want to use a Catalyst when you're playing salvage buddy to someone you don't know well enough to walk over to their house and punch them on the arm if they get you killed/scam you/suicide your boat.

The thousand-year-old phrase is, I believe "Be polite, be helpful, have a plan to kill everyone you meet" Albeit in this case it's planning for someone else to have a plan to kill you, but same principle.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2012-07-31 17:55:55 UTC
Try the "Want Ads" section rather than here ...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-07-31 18:12:16 UTC
It sounds like he's looking for someone he can offload everything to in a station so he doesn't have to make the sell/reprocess decision on all of it. In which case there's pretty much 0 risk to a newbie wanting to do that.

As Velicitia said, this probably isn't the correct forum for this (but then again it's really only directed towards newbies, so IDK if there's a better place for it either).

Also, @the OP, you might want to consider EVE Refiner. It's a program that can look at your assets in a station and give you a list of what's worth keeping and what to reprocess. Just keep all the stuff you find in one station and then spend a few min per week running that program and sorting it all.
Alliria Seedspawn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-31 18:20:37 UTC
You're correct mx that I'm just giving them the stuff. I fly the exploration ship and the Noctis myself, and give them the loot / salvage at no upfront cost. It is zero risk to the new player, as i give them the stuff and then they send me isk when they sell it. If they scam me, we just don't do it again. No big deal. As far as the EVE Refiner thing...it's not that I CAN'T do this myself; it's that I don't WANT to do it myself. :) Thanks for the post though.

Want ads - I chose against that as this is not something that someone who's already financially stable is going to be interested in. A low skilled new player can make some decent money this way while they train their skills doing whatever it is they typically do. What better place to reach out to new folks than the New Citizen forums?

Velicitia
XS Tech
#6 - 2012-07-31 18:38:51 UTC
catch-22 really.

"Want Ads" is where you post ads of this nature.
"Newbie" forum is where you find the newbies...

Depends on whether or not ISD or CCP catches this and decides to move it I guess...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Strygaldwir Alorkym
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-31 23:36:47 UTC
Seems like the appropriate place to me! But, I just a new Citizen and know very littleOops
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#8 - 2012-08-01 00:16:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Might also want to look at in-game chat channels:
'Free Wrecks' lvl 4 mission wrecks for friendly income. (probably still active)
Salvage Channel (not sure if still active)

There are others, but I can't find them at the moment.