These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dev Blog Schedule Please

First post
Author
Mr LaForge
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-10-11 17:40:12 UTC
As part of CCP's new openness I call upon the community team to post the name and date of the dev blogs to be released in the coming weeks as a timeline of sorts. Hilmar has made it clear he wants to communicate more and I think the community would like to see what is in our future.

Also builds a bit of anticipation for specific dev blogs people may really want to see.

Stuff Goes here

CCP Fallout
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2011-10-11 18:11:21 UTC
Guard and I were just working on a super seekrit blog just now for you guys :D NO HINTS from me.

We plan on publishing a blog with more information on our current patcher, a blog about a new feature that will come to EVE online (NO HINTS), and an art blog which covers some of the stuff that was mentioned in CCP t0rfifrans' blog, and then some. The patcher and new feature blogs will be published sometime over the next week (I think patcher this week, feature blog next because the blog author is currently attending GDC Austin).

The art blog is currently in draft form/peer review at this stage, and we don't yet have an ETA when that blog will be done.

There is a content blog that is in the works as well by CCP Dropbear.

And... Guard has been working closely with Team BFF on seeing what blogs we will need to have for you guys in the future based on the work they are doing. And that's just the beginning :D

CCP Fallout Associate Community Manager EVE Online @ccp_fallout

Mr LaForge
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-10-11 18:16:31 UTC
Keep us updated as blogs come up and pass so we can hear about the ones after that. Also thank you for replying.

Stuff Goes here

InVictus Kell
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-10-11 18:29:33 UTC
can we just have a blog about blogs? the redundancy will make my life complete.
Kari Kari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-10-11 18:34:18 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
Guard and I were just working on a super seekrit blog just now for you guys :D NO HINTS from me.

We plan on publishing a blog with more information on our current patcher, a blog about a new feature that will come to EVE online (NO HINTS), and an art blog which covers some of the stuff that was mentioned in CCP t0rfifrans' blog, and then some. The patcher and new feature blogs will be published sometime over the next week (I think patcher this week, feature blog next because the blog author is currently attending GDC Austin).

The art blog is currently in draft form/peer review at this stage, and we don't yet have an ETA when that blog will be done.

And... Guard has been working closely with Team BFF on seeing what blogs we will need to have for you guys in the future based on the work they are doing. And that's just the beginning :D

Coming to you 6 months from now... IS news in 6 months lol... what a joke... can you guys go back to the drawing board and stop bowing down to goons... and re balance supers properly.
CCP Fallout
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-10-11 18:36:06 UTC
I _could_ suggest that, Kari, but then what would you complain to me about? :D

CCP Fallout Associate Community Manager EVE Online @ccp_fallout

Perdition64
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-11 18:36:58 UTC
When is the hybrid changes blog ETA?
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2011-10-11 18:39:49 UTC
what's the new feature soundwave is announcing

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#9 - 2011-10-11 18:47:16 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:

Give me a wink if it had boobies in it

(I like boobies)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#10 - 2011-10-11 18:50:45 UTC
Mr LaForge wrote:
As part of CCP's new openness I call upon the community team to post the name and date of the dev blogs to be released in the coming weeks as a timeline of sorts. Hilmar has made it clear he wants to communicate more and I think the community would like to see what is in our future.

Also builds a bit of anticipation for specific dev blogs people may really want to see.

I'd rather hear from the Dev's when they have something concrete put together. Making new things that have not been done before always involves unpredictability, and they can't see into the future. I think it wouldn't be fair to demand specific dates from them.

Everytime they get too specifiic, and something delays a "promise", the players rage like they've been "lied to" or "betrayed".....so best minimize drama, and allow them a little wiggle room on their releases.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

KFenn
Hail Britannia
#11 - 2011-10-11 18:53:46 UTC
Kari Kari wrote:
can you guys go back to the drawing board and stop bowing down to goons... and re balance supers properly.

Oh this again. They -are- balanced properly. They're now filling their intended role - fleet support.

Look at the damned bonuses if you don't believe me. Supercaps should be part of a well balanced fleet, not the entire fleet.

Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade

Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#12 - 2011-10-11 18:59:05 UTC
To Kari-Kari:

Plug that hole below your nose before I use nano-paste on it.

*Hugs* - And have a nice day.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#13 - 2011-10-11 19:03:19 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:

+1 internets couse i like super seekret stuff and art blogs are always full of awesome epicness :-P
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#14 - 2011-10-11 19:08:01 UTC
SUPER SEEKRIT BLOG STUFF WOOOOOOOOT

Can i have mashed potatoes with that?

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Kari Kari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-10-11 19:25:35 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:

Well CCP Fallout... I have seen customers lose respect for companies that they use. But at the rate people are losing respect for CCP is pretty bad due to your promises that seem to never happen and when they do it's on 6 month back log from when you said they would be out. There are others who see CCP the opposite. But since I started playing eve it was awesome at first... up to about a year and half ago. When you stopped thinking about spaceships but other games of yours. But seriously you guys have **** on people and think its funny... or do not give 2 ***** about that. Nerfing supers to a state that sucked before the buff... and before the buff they were better than... except they did not have the huge ehp boost. come on you know I am right.
Raid'En
#16 - 2011-10-11 19:36:03 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
a blog about a new feature that will come to EVE online (NO HINTS),

so ishkiune's scorpion is finllay ready with the good tools for the paintjobs ?
Kari Kari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2011-10-11 19:45:45 UTC
Raid'En wrote:
CCP Fallout wrote:
a blog about a new feature that will come to EVE online (NO HINTS),

so ishkiune's scorpion is finllay ready with the good tools for the paintjobs ?

LOl
Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#18 - 2011-10-11 19:54:00 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:

new feature blog is prolly something to do with dust, seeing as they want to be starting the private trials sometime around dec
Kari Kari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-10-11 20:38:13 UTC
Well how long will we wait for said blog.? Bets says 2 months.
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2011-10-11 20:58:47 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:

Lack of cat photos Cry
12Next page