These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why should I still play eve? Give me some good reasons

Author
Josef Djugashvilis
#21 - 2012-07-31 10:41:44 UTC
If you lack the imagination to play/enjoy any of the multitude of options Eve offers, then Eve is not for you.

This is not intended to insult you.

It is simply a statementt of fact.

This is not a signature.

Jir Elmkal
This is a Corp
#22 - 2012-07-31 10:49:52 UTC
Virgil Travis wrote:
Take a break if you don't feel the incentive to play right now, lots of players take breaks then come back when they feel like it. The only person that can seriously convince you to play is you in the end so try something else for a while then see if you feel like resubbing in a few months or so.

I've seen so many posts where people have said they've stopped playing for a while after burn out then come back when a new expansion has been released. Sounds like you've burned out for now so don't worry about it and see if taking some time out helps.

The suggestions above about getting away from your normal play style might help a bit too.

Hopefully I can find interest in this game again.

Not sure why but looking at kill mails sparked my interest for some reason.
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-07-31 10:53:37 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:
Virgil Travis wrote:
Take a break if you don't feel the incentive to play right now, lots of players take breaks then come back when they feel like it. The only person that can seriously convince you to play is you in the end so try something else for a while then see if you feel like resubbing in a few months or so.

I've seen so many posts where people have said they've stopped playing for a while after burn out then come back when a new expansion has been released. Sounds like you've burned out for now so don't worry about it and see if taking some time out helps.

The suggestions above about getting away from your normal play style might help a bit too.

Hopefully I can find interest in this game again.

Not sure why but looking at kill mails sparked my interest for some reason.

Only you, can speark your interest, not sumone else, not some other corp

Only you

Remeber that

And your life will be much better on eve online
Rakael Kateloda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-07-31 10:58:28 UTC
Maybe it's time to take a break. In October when your sub expires, just let it go for a month or so. If you do love this game, you will come back. You will get that itch, that feeling, that longing and you'll be back. If not, then you know you did the right thing by not resubbing. Life's short and one should do things they enjoy. If you're asking from others to find meaning to your playing in Eve, I do believe you need a break from it.
Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-07-31 11:10:51 UTC
So? You haven't been playing for three months? That's nothing. I've gone almost an entire year a while back with one of my accounts, where I practically didn't log in, and when I did, it was to change skills. And I still paid for that year. If you insist on unsubscribing, though, why not just try something new instead? Wormholes, Incursions, PVP, Suicide-Ganking, Ninja-looting. You have plenty of options to choose from. Try it. Maybe you'll end up enjoying EVE once more?

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#26 - 2012-07-31 11:22:38 UTC
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
With all due respect

If you don't like EvE Online then leave.

This is a game were if you want something to do, you make it happen.

You bored?

CCP are not to blame

You are.

I have 3 accounts, Industry, exploration, pvp

Dont get stuck on one field

Live the game as it was meant to be

Translation: If you are bored in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault..

And the OPs whole "CCP doesn't care" stuff is some of the worst BS that floats around here, it usually comes from "those people" in high sec who want to game to cater to them as some sort of protected class "because people live in high sec".
terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-07-31 11:25:19 UTC
Give me your account. I'll keep it nice and safe for you for when you decide to return ^_^
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#28 - 2012-07-31 11:32:24 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:
dexington wrote:
Can i have you stuff?

A prime example of this forum in a nutshell.

Thank you.

This isn't a joke. You need to very seriously consider where your stuff is going and what people are going to do with it. Who to give it to.
Doddy
Excidium.
#29 - 2012-07-31 11:40:50 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Why would you? This is a game, if you don't like it don't play, as simple as that. Why do you want people to convince you to do something you don't want to do?

because I have played it for 2 years and put a lot of time into it and now it has died for me at least. Trying to see if there is something that might spark my interest again.

Have you taken a break before? The vast majority of people who have played eve long term have taken breaks. I have played since 2003 and usually have a "this is a terrible game" break of 2 or 3 months every year. And by break i do mean break, no logging in just to change skills and spending hours reading forums.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-07-31 11:41:48 UTC
Why should we want you to continue playing EVE?

maybe give us some reasons first?

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-07-31 11:52:52 UTC
Create your own content and you will play this game forever.

Well, unless of course, you can't ... like most.

Consumers ... glad they leave.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#32 - 2012-07-31 12:11:50 UTC
Sell your carrier pilot, join RvB and just have fun pew pewing in frigates for a while.
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#33 - 2012-07-31 13:52:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Bloodpetal
Sometimes you need to take a break.

Don't get all emo-my-eve-life-is-over-what-shall-i-ever-do.

Go take a break, enjoy real life. Get some fresh air and come back in a couple months when you have a good perspective.

EVE isn't a game you can play non-stop forever. Just don't think you'll never come back.

I've literally known dozens of people quit game and give all their **** away to just come back in a few months looking all awkward about the whole "I"M QUITTING EVE FOREVERS!"

Where I am.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-07-31 13:57:27 UTC
Bloodpetal wrote:
I've literally known dozens of people quit game and give all their **** away to just come back in a few months looking all awkward about the whole "I"M QUITTING EVE FOREVERS!"

Nothing wrong with giving your stuff away... just don't delete the character, that's the thing that makes you feel like a real ****** when you decide to start playing again.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Sarcasim
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#35 - 2012-07-31 13:57:43 UTC
Taranius De Consolville wrote:
With all due respect

If you don't like EvE Online then leave.

This is a game were if you want something to do, you make it happen.

You bored?

CCP are not to blame

You are.

I have 3 accounts, Industry, exploration, pvp

Dont get stuck on one field

Live the game as it was meant to be

What he said.
Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-07-31 14:01:22 UTC
F not fun anymore, then maybe it is time for greener pastures.

But do the economy a favor when you leave, don't give anything to anyone. Let the funds be sunk with you leaving!

Good luck out there! Hope you find a more fulfilling hobby.

James315 for CSM 8!

Previous page12