These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

ok you low sec peeps help me out

First post
Author
jornab
Deadspace Knights
#1 - 2012-07-31 02:24:29 UTC
How do you make isk in lowsec?

I have been running sites, ratting belts, and the occasional pvp....yet i made a crap ton more money in high sec running missions. Now I just don't understand. Either i am doing something wrong... or I just don't understand the secrets. which is it?

p.s.
so far all the 100% scan sites, ded complexes and radars, mags have come up with squat isk wise (less then 10 mil each). The only faction loot in a month of running these sites has been some ammo, and crapy items. I have noticed I might get a faction spawn 1:20-25 sites. is this normal too? I have yet to see a belt rat faction spawn.

forgealt9000
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-07-31 02:38:43 UTC
what ship are you using to run sites

and what ship did you use to run highsec l4s
jornab
Deadspace Knights
#3 - 2012-07-31 02:42:01 UTC
i run in drone boats mostly isthars, gilas, vexors, myms depends on where im at and what im doing. It is not a speed issue.
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-07-31 03:26:04 UTC
Now you begin to realise the problen with high sec. Risk vs reward is all f'd up

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#5 - 2012-07-31 03:36:01 UTC
Rath Kelbore wrote:
Now you begin to realise the problen with high sec. Risk vs reward is all f'd up

simple solution.. buff lowsec income.

in order of risk (least->most)

highsec, sov nullsec, npc nullsec, lowsec.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#6 - 2012-07-31 03:37:35 UTC
Low sec exploration pays better than high sec exploration, the trouble is missions pay substantially better than exploration in general.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#7 - 2012-07-31 03:39:59 UTC
King Rothgar wrote:
Low sec exploration pays better than high sec exploration, the trouble is missions pay substantially better than exploration in general.

This. It really sucks when I can literally grind L3s while bouncing a baby in one arm and make more money than low-sec exploration (an EVE past-time I really love). The additional payoff being a Comet.

It's ******* stupid.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Suqq Madiq
#8 - 2012-07-31 04:43:07 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
King Rothgar wrote:

This. It really sucks when I can literally grind L3s while bouncing a baby in one arm and make more money than low-sec exploration (an EVE past-time I really love). The additional payoff being a Comet.

It's ******* stupid.

You people are doing it entirely wrong. Lowsec exploration is significantly more profitable than highsec missions. The trick is doing it in the right location, at the right time and with the right combination of ships. It certainly requires more dedication than somebody who is "bouncing a baby on one arm" can invest as speed and multiboxing are the key.
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-07-31 04:44:32 UTC
Honest answer? I go to Cloud Ring in something fast/stealthy and rat. Then I go home.
Ron Maudieu
#10 - 2012-07-31 04:46:49 UTC
I'm pretty sure that a 0.1 system agent will give better rewards than a 0.5 system agent as far as missions go. Though, it could be troublesome if you're always getting shot up by station/gate guns \o/
ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-07-31 04:51:37 UTC
do incursions if you can run level 4s.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#12 - 2012-07-31 06:39:11 UTC
I'd tell you how and where to make isk in lowsec, but then i'd have to kill you because you're in my sites. Smile
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#13 - 2012-07-31 09:55:47 UTC
I make plenty off of low sec exploring.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-07-31 09:56:39 UTC
FW

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Lexmana
#15 - 2012-07-31 10:20:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
jornab wrote:

I have been running sites, ratting belts, and the occasional pvp....yet i made a crap ton more money in high sec running missions. Now I just don't understand. Either i am doing something wrong... or I just don't understand the secrets. which is it?

You are comparing belt ratting in lowsec with L4 missioning in highsec. Try run some L4s in lowsec or rat some belts in highsec and you will notice a difference.
Nuela
WoT Misfits
#16 - 2012-07-31 11:02:15 UTC
I have said this before...

I have tried most everything in Eve. ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, hisec lvl 4's make me the most isk*. However, this toon has spent quite a while skilling to run lvl 4's efficiently so YMMV.

*Null sec sites run with a Cap ship looks like they will break this, but I have yet to try it.
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-07-31 11:05:25 UTC
Sorry mate

Bottom Line Is

High Sec Is Pure ISk amking

Low Sec is pure **** were pirates live

Null Sec is easy ISK for next to no risk if ur a renter

THIS IS EVE *****
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#18 - 2012-07-31 11:16:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
I make quite good ISK exploring in losec, thanks -- and no, I don't multi-boot, because that's a lame and weak-ass crutch. It takes a bit of doing, and long "explo-roams" can be a bit grating sometimes, but it can be done "true-solo" just fine, if not optimally.

(Must get at it again, to pay back my newly-kitted out Thalidomide-baby fish Arazu soon-ish, now that I think of it...)

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#19 - 2012-07-31 14:33:07 UTC
jornab wrote:

p.s.
so far all the 100% scan sites, ded complexes and radars, mags have come up with squat isk wise (less then 10 mil each). The only faction loot in a month of running these sites has been some ammo, and crapy items. I have noticed I might get a faction spawn 1:20-25 sites. is this normal too? I have yet to see a belt rat faction spawn.

If you are going to do that, do whs instead, low blows.

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Generals4
#20 - 2012-07-31 15:40:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Generals4
Actually i was able to make lots of isks with lowsec explo. 5/10 - 6/10 DED sites are pretty lucrative. The issue is that it is rlly random and nowadays too many people are doing explo which severely crippled my explo income. Hence why i switched back to FW LP as a source of income. Back when i used explo as my source of income i'd maybe encounter a couple of fellow explorators a day nowadays every hour one comes by and scans.

Quote:

No sir. The problem is not High Sec, it's lowsec.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

12Next page