These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Why should I still play eve? Give me some good reasons

Author
Jir Elmkal
This is a Corp
#1 - 2012-07-31 10:17:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jir Elmkal
Before you read this post if you are going to call me a troll GTFO people will probably call me one anyways dispute me saying this. Also give me all your stuff I'm not going to comment on.

This forum is full of trolls and excess crap.

Thank you now on my post.

I am planning on leaving the game for good in October as that's when my account expires. I've been trying to convince myself to stay over the past 3 months but I cant seem to find any reason to play this game anymore even with 38 Mil SP. I have to force myself to play it and it's not fun.

The last 3 months have been log in update my skill queue and log out.

I was going to go for a carrier pilot and ended up buying one but i guess that will sit idle now.

Can you give me any reasons why I should stay and not quit despite CCP not really caring about it's player base anymore? THis is my option at least. Really cant be fact.
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#2 - 2012-07-31 10:19:52 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:
Before you read this post if you are going to call me a troll GTFO people will probably call me one anyways dispute me saying this. Also give me all your stuff I'm not going to comment on.

I am planning on leaving the game for good in October as that's when my account expires. I've been trying to convince myself to stay over the past 3 months but I cant seem to find any reason to play this game anymore even with 38 Mil SP. I have to force myself to play it and it's not fun.

I was going to go for a carrier pilot and ended up buying one but i guess that will sit idle now.

Can you give me any reasons why I should stay and not quit despite CCP not really caring about it's player base anymore?

Try something new.

Find a good WH corp,
Ditch the blobs
Dont fly caps
Do solo/small gang pvp
Bear it up in WH space till your minted
Buy force multipliers, link toon/expensive implants
See how far you can take small/solo pvp with said multipliers
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-07-31 10:19:53 UTC
With all due respect

If you don't like EvE Online then leave.

This is a game were if you want something to do, you make it happen.

You bored?

CCP are not to blame

You are.

I have 3 accounts, Industry, exploration, pvp

Dont get stuck on one field

Live the game as it was meant to be
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-07-31 10:21:12 UTC
Can i have you stuff?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Jir Elmkal
This is a Corp
#5 - 2012-07-31 10:22:43 UTC
dexington wrote:
Can i have you stuff?

A prime example of this forum in a nutshell.

Thank you.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-07-31 10:26:38 UTC
Why would you? This is a game, if you don't like it don't play, as simple as that. Why do you want people to convince you to do something you don't want to do?
Jir Elmkal
This is a Corp
#7 - 2012-07-31 10:28:10 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Why would you? This is a game, if you don't like it don't play, as simple as that. Why do you want people to convince you to do something you don't want to do?

because I have played it for 2 years and put a lot of time into it and now it has died for me at least. Trying to see if there is something that might spark my interest again.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#8 - 2012-07-31 10:29:39 UTC
I usually dont play games I do not like. You shouldn't too.
Phill Esteen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-07-31 10:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Phill Esteen
Jir Elmkal wrote:
Can you give me any reasons why I should stay and not quit despite CCP not really caring about it's player base anymore?

You can't shiptoast on eve-o without paying your $15/mo

– postum faex est – 

never forget

Leah Solo
Lag No Use
#10 - 2012-07-31 10:30:32 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:

Can you explain to us plain forum folks, why YOU think CCP doesn't really care to it's player base anymore? And how is CCP not catering to you anymore?

Answering those questions might help us on better recommend whether you should stay or indeed GTFO.
Taranius De Consolville
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-07-31 10:30:47 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

because I have played it for 2 years and put a lot of time into it and now it has died for me at least. Trying to see if there is something that might spark my interest again.

Good for you mate however

Every EvE Online player plays e-o the way he or she pleases and it works

If u dont like the forums

Dont read them?

Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#12 - 2012-07-31 10:30:53 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:

Can you give me any reasons why I should stay and not quit despite CCP not really caring about it's player base anymore? THis is my option at least. Really cant be fact.

When you post a question in the form of a statement and a built in opinion and answer, its tough not to presume you have an agenda here... but... for the sake of argument lets assume you have a legit question for the benefit of other readers I will say this.

Today in Eve Online there is more to do, than any 3 MMO's combined on the market today and than some. I scheduled an hour last week to explain "what you can do in Eve" to a bunch of new recruits and ended up talking for 2 hours and I would say I covered 10% of the actual game content.

I think its easier to ask "what can't you do in Eve"... the list would be shorter.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#13 - 2012-07-31 10:31:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Assuming you are posting on an alt since that says, 4 months, if you have been playing alot longer than 4 months then fine. So have i, for years. Yeh iv taken breaks but i always come back. Not a month or 2 ago i was bored to tears in the game cause iv done alot in eve (not everything mind you, still loads i could try my hand at)

But i just found a WH corp that accepted me in and i gotta say my interest is fully peaked again solely because of the corp.

In short, find something new and exciting that you want to try at and are willing to put in the effort for.

Of course you could always just stop playing if Eve is not for you.
teh ubernesstrader
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-07-31 10:34:37 UTC
tbh flying as a cap pilot is not what its cracked up to be, yes this forum is full of trolls but as stated above why post here if u dont like the game any more your going to get rolled.

whats your fancy ?

do you like PVP ? why not join RVB and have a laugh with little cashflow or even the faction warfare that will keep you entertained.

if you want something more serious then head out to null and join a large alliance there but personally i dont like that kinda thing,

another option is to join a pirate corp and fight in high sec wars or roam through low sec ?

maybe get involved in industry? buy and sell in the hubs that can be really involved if you have a ton of orders up trying to win a buy, use the minerals or goods to build something become a BPO collector haha.

maybe join a high sec mining corp for a bigger goal in making ships and goodies for a null sec alliance affiliate.

or as posted above go explore Worm Hole and make mega money from the sleepers or gas sites and even PI availiability there i wouldent recommend doing this alone tho as with everything personally working with a team of people fighting for a common goal is more fun and keeps you coming back.

eve has many aspects to play around, thats just a few i have dabbled in myself and enjoyed and just switch around as i play you dont have to get stuck in one place.

find a good crowd and have fun dude if you still cant find something that tickles your fancy then maybe it really is time to move on to something else ?
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-07-31 10:35:19 UTC
Jir Elmkal wrote:

Sorry, a real reason to play anything at all does not exist. It's not as if You'd die or Your mind would shrivel up if you don't play eve or any other mmo/game.

Play it as long as it's fun, and ditch it when it's not.

I stop playing every few months or so until I feel like playing EVE again.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#16 - 2012-07-31 10:35:44 UTC
Mate, sound like you suffer from serious burn out.... That happens more often than you think.

From your post I am going to assume you would prefer to continue "liking" this game (buying yourself a Carrier) but in all honesty, it is probably of little use FORCING yourself to play, more likely this will only fuel your present "disgust" till you reach a point of no return and leave forever.

Frankly, I would simply advise giving it a break for half a year and see what happens then.... come back after the next expansion, see what´s new and try to recaquire the amazement you undoubtly had when you first joined this game!

Also, I guess it would not be Eve if I don´t add this:

If you consider this useful, I am open to donations (you mentioned a Carrier?).
I am also willing to hold on (some of) your stuff till you return, that would certainly beat destroying it and regretting this later....Blink

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Luke Eskar
Frank Gallagher Fan Club
Retard Summer Camp
#17 - 2012-07-31 10:36:30 UTC
You should try joining a new corp/alliance try RvB that should get you back into EvE Online they always have cool events going on that are fun.

P.S. if you leave can i have you stuff :P

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-07-31 10:36:42 UTC  |  Edited by: dexington
Jir Elmkal wrote:
dexington wrote:
Can i have you stuff?
A prime example of this forum in a nutshell.Thank you.

This is also a very good example of this forum.

Jir Elmkal wrote:

In all honesty i really don't think anyone cares if you play the game or not, an if you can fly a carrier you probably already know what eve has to offer, you don't need anyone to explain to you how to play the game.

You are just a quitter trying to get a little attention and sympathy, and talk some trash about ccp, before you leave, which kinda pathetic. If you want to quit just do it quietly with a little dignity.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#19 - 2012-07-31 10:39:30 UTC
Take a break if you don't feel the incentive to play right now, lots of players take breaks then come back when they feel like it. The only person that can seriously convince you to play is you in the end so try something else for a while then see if you feel like resubbing in a few months or so.

I've seen so many posts where people have said they've stopped playing for a while after burn out then come back when a new expansion has been released. Sounds like you've burned out for now so don't worry about it and see if taking some time out helps.

The suggestions above about getting away from your normal play style might help a bit too.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

YuuKnow
The Scope
#20 - 2012-07-31 10:40:37 UTC
1) great graphics even though some of the ships are poorly designed
2) it really does have a monopoly on the FiS market at the moment for MMOPGs

yk
12Next page