These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why EVE NEEDS A CovOps Interdictor

Author
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-07-30 20:49:25 UTC
What is a CovOps Interdictor?
There is a class of ships that can warp cloaked. These ships are very useful for black ops in enemy territory and add a lot of spice to the game. The only problem: They can't hold down many targets. They have no way of deploying a bubble in nullsec, therefore gimping them.

I propose that we add a new kind of ship to the game that can both warp cloaked and deploy an interdiction sphere. This destroyer sized hull would be a valuable asset to black ops operations and would greatly reduce blob warfare.

What role would this fill?
It would fill the role of having stealthy tackle. Currently it is hard to use covops gangs because they can't deploy bubbles. This makes covops gangs less effective in nullsec and encourages traditional blob warfare.

Why?
To break the nullsec stagnation and add a new dimension to black ops gameplay.
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2 - 2012-07-30 21:07:05 UTC
What would you sacrifice to make this ship fair?

it seems that throwing out a bubble, turn on mwd, cloak is a little bit... OP.

I think it should sacrifice the guns

Just imagine a huge fleet battle with 20 ppl able to deploy bubbles and cloak.

No capital would be able to leave the field.

Limit it to one bubble launcher and a recloaking delay of like 30 or 60 seconds.

No guns. Absolutley none. Maybe a smart bomb, but no effin guns on something like that.
Uyeiu
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-07-30 21:11:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Uyeiu
buff black op jump range, covops cloak on black ops, and this suggestion, and I would never field a non cloaky fleet.

there is simply no way they'll ever do it. The bubble is the only thing you need and its the only thing you couldn't sacrifice in the balancing act suggested above. cloak plus black ops jumpable ship plus bubble equals win button.
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#4 - 2012-07-30 21:11:52 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
What would you sacrifice to make this ship fair?

it seems that throwing out a bubble, turn on mwd, cloak is a little bit... OP.

I think it should sacrifice the guns

Just imagine a huge fleet battle with 20 ppl able to deploy bubbles and cloak.

No capital would be able to leave the field.

Limit it to one bubble launcher and a recloaking delay of like 30 or 60 seconds.

No guns. Absolutley none. Maybe a smart bomb, but no effin guns on something like that.

looks like someone doesn't like dic
Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-07-30 21:11:53 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
There is a class of ships that can warp cloaked. These ships are very useful for black ops in enemy territory and add a lot of spice to the game. The only problem: They can't hold down many targets. They have no way of deploying a bubble in nullsec, therefore gimping them.

I propose that we add a new kind of ship to the game that can both warp cloaked and deploy an interdiction sphere. This destroyer sized hull would be a valuable asset to black ops operations and would greatly reduce blob warfare.

It would fill the role of having stealthy tackle. Currently it is hard to use covops gangs because they can't deploy bubbles. This makes covops gangs less effective in nullsec and encourages traditional blob warfare.

Why?

need a new ship type because putting a cloak on the current hull has a drawback and thats not fair :(

The LULZ Boat.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#6 - 2012-07-30 21:15:38 UTC
How would it break stagnation or add anything to blackops gameplay?
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#7 - 2012-07-30 21:22:30 UTC
no ship will break stagnation.
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-07-30 23:21:20 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
no ship will break stagnation.

Introducing the Amarr Psychedelica, and its technicolor mini-doomsday, the Disco Inferno!

Groovy!

Occasionally plays sober

Mishra Ninghor
The Scarlet Storm
#9 - 2012-07-30 23:36:50 UTC
if you want a cloaky ship capable of holding down a supercap, you can always ship bump. But yeah, bubble would be overpowered.

Perhaps adding tackling scripts could work though. Basically you'd add a script to the warp distruptor II's that gave it the capability of holding down capital ships. But the capacitor usage would go through the roof, so that even a ship fitted for cap would only be able to hold em down for a minute, minute and a half or so.
Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#10 - 2012-07-30 23:41:41 UTC
Tippia wrote:
How would it break stagnation or add anything to blackops gameplay?

Wondering same thing.

I SB and this seems scary op, we have a cloaky tackle, but of course the choice is great tackle, gimped cloak or great cloak, gimped tackle.

CovOps with bubble, omg Pirate

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#11 - 2012-07-31 00:02:35 UTC
Came expecting a ship with a cloaking destabilization bubble... left disappointed. Cry

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Suqq Madiq
#12 - 2012-07-31 00:28:00 UTC
Oh, look who came up with another terrible idea.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#13 - 2012-07-31 00:32:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm

Grotesquely imbalanced and hilariously overpowered ::eezybutan::, is what.

It would fill the role of having stealthy tackle.

Arazu. Yes, I know it looks like a fish whose mother took Thalidomide (which is the other main reason you put a CovOps cloak on one--so you don't have to see yourself flying it!), but CCP's recent ::massive-WIN!!:: re-do of the Nemesis gives me hope, there.

Why?

Because fail troll is fail, and really should feel ashamed of itself.

3/10.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#14 - 2012-07-31 00:53:23 UTC
Sounds like someone has a sore rear end because of the targeting delay on their cloak.

How about you accept the fact that you won't always be able to catch every single cloaky ship that passes by your gate, and leave it at that?
Mors Sanctitatis
Death of Virtue
#15 - 2012-07-31 01:02:53 UTC

Why?

LOL no.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#16 - 2012-07-31 01:49:03 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Came expecting a ship with a cloaking destabilization bubble... left disappointed. Cry

I did the same damn thing, too. Thought this was a counter to covops cloaks. Roll

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-07-31 01:49:51 UTC
this already exists

simply buy anchorable bubbles and put them in a blockade runner

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration