These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Early downtime

First post
Author
Jade Nexia
CHON
THE R0NIN
#1 - 2011-10-11 10:59:24 UTC
It happens to me twice. I see message about saying servers will go down in 5 minutes and bam, my client is disconnect in less tahn 1 minute. I lost second time all my probes before I had chance to recall them all.
By the example today I got DCed 10:56 server time. Anyone having similar problem close to DT?
Nel Gardier
Time Sync
#2 - 2011-10-11 11:00:52 UTC
Zadok Altol
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-10-11 11:01:32 UTC
Nope, no problems here. I was wondering why I could kill so many stationary targets right before downtime, but now I know. Thanks for enlightening me!
Queen Penken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-11 11:01:41 UTC
Ya but i was docked at DC, i guess some ppl dint make it...
Matt Douglass
Aedron Holding.
#5 - 2011-10-11 12:00:45 UTC
Zadok Altol wrote:
Nope, no problems here. I was wondering why I could kill so many stationary targets right before downtime, but now I know. Thanks for enlightening me!


Ok then, Mr. tought-guy killboard's empty !
oh wait, was that naw? you're posting with an alt like I am ?

roger that.

o/
CCP Fallout
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-10-11 18:00:49 UTC
This may have been what you were experiencing: During the last few days Tranquility has experienced early some hiccups with premature downtimes. The root cause was a linked SQL Agent Schedule, shared between a DB Trace process and the Cluster shutdown trigger. Our investigation revealed this cause and has subsequently been fixed by the Operations team. Downtimes will be on schedule again from now on, precisely at 11:00 GMT.

CCP Fallout Associate Community Manager EVE Online @ccp_fallout

Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-10-12 09:45:57 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
This may have been what you were experiencing: During the last few days Tranquility has experienced early some hiccups with premature downtimes. The root cause was a linked SQL Agent Schedule, shared between a DB Trace process and the Cluster shutdown trigger. Our investigation revealed this cause and has subsequently been fixed by the Operations team. Downtimes will be on schedule again from now on, precisely at 11:00 GMT.



Translation: The janitor who pops in to press the off switch when we're all at lunch has just noticed that his watch was fast, we have adjusted it acordingly and given it a new battery, everything should be fine now.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#8 - 2011-10-12 10:06:35 UTC
Bring back Scotty?

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2011-10-12 10:19:49 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Bring back Scotty!!!!!!


No Worries

Alex Sinai
Doomheim
#10 - 2011-10-12 10:20:41 UTC
Naran Eto wrote:
CCP Fallout wrote:
This may have been what you were experiencing: During the last few days Tranquility has experienced early some hiccups with premature downtimes. The root cause was a linked SQL Agent Schedule, shared between a DB Trace process and the Cluster shutdown trigger. Our investigation revealed this cause and has subsequently been fixed by the Operations team. Downtimes will be on schedule again from now on, precisely at 11:00 GMT.



Translation: The janitor who pops in to press the off switch when we're all at lunch has just noticed that his watch was fast, we have adjusted it acordingly and given it a new battery, everything should be fine now.



Best!
You win! :-)

Don't let them fly safe!