These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why give mining barges a ridiculous boost and not tighten restrictions on -10s in highsec?

First post
Author
clamslayer
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-07-30 22:18:25 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the fit options mining barges allow currently.

wtf CCP, why make ships ungankable when the real issue is freedom of -10s in high sec?

Miners are being ganked indiscriminately because:

-10 can fly around high sec in destroyers with out being stopped at gates. -10s shouldnt be able to jump a ship through gates
-10 can hope into an empty gank fitted ship in a safe spot and immediately warp to a roid belt to kill a target
-10 can be launched from a positive sec status orca

this is the problem, too much freedom for -10 players in high sec and not enough consequence for killing a target in high sec

Ah, **** it.

I'm done playing "nice" with you lot, and I consider myself at least a little bit of a carebear at heart:

Leave our sandbox, now, and feel free to...not come back.

There are no "safe-zones" in EVE, there are no "no-touch halos" around your head,

THIS.
IS.
NOT.
WoW.

(Or any of its many even worse clones/wannabes, for that matter.)

What the f is so bloody hard about this?

I have forgotten more about suicide ganking then you will ever know, and have been doing it since before your toon existed. im not asking for safe zones, im asking for compromise. i dont want to see a 200 million isk skiff be able to tank multiple gank fitted tornados.
Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#42 - 2012-07-30 22:20:30 UTC
What is this? People lacking understanding of game mechanics arguing in favour of modifieing said mechanics? I must be in general discussion.
clamslayer
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-07-30 22:21:02 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
so you think it should require multiple gank fitted tornados to kill a 200million isk skiff. the ratio of isk destroyed vs isk destroyed by concord is a bit ******

You ask me? From my point of view, suicide ganking is stupid and invantile behavior...

...but if people can't help the urge to do it, they should pay for it, simple as that.

The reason why the urge is there is because of the stupid amount of freedom -10 toons have in high security space. if gankers had to rat there sec status back up to a positive level befoer being able to hop through gates, ganking would decrease substantially.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-07-30 22:21:50 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
-you dont think that its a bit ridiculous that you can harbor a -10 pilot in your orca with out consequence?
-pretty obvious that gates should be restricted to positive sec status pilots
-being able to hop into a ship that has been sitting in space and literally warp to your target immediately? with all the other bullshit timers in eve there might as well be a timer to prevent this

Here I see a player complaining about mechanics when he has no idea how they actually work.
An Orca does not harbour a -10 player.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#45 - 2012-07-30 22:22:07 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
wtf CCP, why make ships ungankable when the real issue is freedom of -10s in high sec?

i'm sure that you've operated as a -10 in hisec without any issues

If you think there is no freedom for -10 in high sec your... My iPhone is garbage post over for now

Try dawdling on a hisec gate in a system for which your sec-status is too low to travel un-restricted.

Yes, the faction-piggies very helpfully web you right into warp, if you're already aligning/warping, but if you're not, then they next point you, after which, rest assured, they will make very quick work of you.

Also, any player can attack you -- and if you're below -5.00 security status, then they can also pod-kill you with impunity -- with the NPC police on their side.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-07-30 22:23:37 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
I have forgotten more about suicide ganking then you will ever know, and have been doing it since before your toon existed. im not asking for safe zones, im asking for compromise. i dont want to see a 200 million isk skiff be able to tank multiple gank fitted tornados.

Lies. You never forget how to gank & you clearly want highsec to be safe against people with negative sec.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

clamslayer
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-07-30 22:23:52 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
-you dont think that its a bit ridiculous that you can harbor a -10 pilot in your orca with out consequence?
-being able to hop into a ship that has been sitting in space and literally warp to your target immediately? with all the other bullshit timers in eve there might as well be a timer to prevent this

Here I see a player complaining about mechanics when he has no idea how they actually work.
An Orca does not harbour a -10 player.

you got me here, need to make some edits, i have never used an orca, as you can tell
\
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#48 - 2012-07-30 22:24:28 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
The reason why the urge is there is because of the stupid amount of freedom -10 toons have in high security space. if gankers had to rat there sec status back up to a positive level befoer being able to hop through gates, ganking would decrease substantially.

THAT I can agree with.

I never asked for "save zones"... I also don't afk-mine, though.

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

clamslayer
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-07-30 22:25:32 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

Lies. You never forget how to gank & you clearly want highsec to be safe against people with negative sec.

no i want players to have to rat their status back up if they want to suicide gank. safety is on its way, and its going to cost me isk, im pissed about the mining barge changes
Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#50 - 2012-07-30 22:25:39 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
There is indeed something wrong with the fitting options for mining barges and exumers.

When a 300 million ISK ship can be killed by a 1 million ISK gank ship piloted by a new character, something is indeed wrong.
When someone sneezes in the general direction of a mining barge and it explodes, something is indeed wrong.

Because all ships should be balanced with untanked stats in mind.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#51 - 2012-07-30 22:28:10 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

Miners are being ganked indiscriminately because:

-10 can fly around high sec in destroyers with out being stopped at gates. -10s shouldnt be able to jump a ship through gates
-10 can hope into an empty gank fitted ship in a safe spot and immediately warp to a roid belt to kill a target
-10 can be launched from a positive sec status orca

this is the problem, too much freedom for -10 players in high sec and not enough consequence for killing a target in high sec

Ah, **** it.

I'm done playing "nice" with you lot, and I consider myself at least a little bit of a carebear at heart:

Leave our sandbox, now, and feel free to...not come back.

There are no "safe-zones" in EVE, there are no "no-touch halos" around your head,

THIS.
IS.
NOT.
WoW.

(Or any of its many even worse clones/wannabes, for that matter.)

What the f is so bloody hard about this?

Completely eliminating the option for travel, even with heavy consequences/restrictions, as a consequence of non-consensual PvP in a game whose core ethos is based on non-consequential PvP, is not compromise.

It's completely breaking the sandbox.

This is not my only "toon," (LOL! Freakin' WoW-kiddieUgh) and I've...errrm..."accidentally'ed" a few miners in my time, as well, as well as been blinky-blinky on numerous occasions.

Outlaws already have very little freedom in hisec, and that Orca with those blinky-blinky pods around it waiting for their ships to be pooped out are not hard to probe down.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#52 - 2012-07-30 22:29:12 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
You can't, for one, but even so, no. What's ridiculous about it?
Quote:
Why?
Quote:
There is: the standard session change timer that everyone else has to deal with.

You didn't really manage to explain why -10s need to be restricted in any way. So, why?
clamslayer
Doomheim
#53 - 2012-07-30 22:29:13 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

If you think there is no freedom for -10 in high sec your... My iPhone is garbage post over for now

Try dawdling on a hisec gate in a system for which your sec-status is too low to travel un-restricted.

Yes, the faction-piggies very helpfully web you right into warp, if you're already aligning/warping, but if you're not, then they next point you, after which, rest assured, they will make very quick work of you.

Also, any player can attack you -- and if you're below -5.00 security status, then they can also pod-kill you with impunity -- with the NPC police on their side.

did you not see earlier how i mentioned i have been playing far longer then you? not trying to brag, i literally keep my eve gaming a secret from every person i know, and without a doubt eve is the biggest waste of my time. that said i dont care to spend time reading posts about game mechanics i was familiar with 5 years ago
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-07-30 22:29:47 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

no i want players to have to rat their status back up if they want to suicide gank.

Meaning you want highsec to be safe from players with negative sec.

Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-07-30 22:30:17 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Garreth Vlox wrote:
No it wasn't and maybe you should use a little of your "reasoning" to actually make a statement that doesn't make you look like a pants-on-head Rtard.

Namecalling... classy... but I'll play along.

Since the barge changes where announced, there has been an uproar throughout the community stating two things:

- Mining barges shouldn't be buffed on the defense side, cause it would be harder (as in: more expensive) to gank highsec miners in great numbers.

- Mining barges shouldn't be buffed on the efficiency side, cause it would be unfair to all the "highrisk" lowsec/0.0 folk... incomewise.

ALL the complains I read had a finencial component (balancing)... or just came from b*tt hurt gankers.

It has nothing to do with balancing. The people complaining about money are the same ones trying to keep the ability to get paid insurance money after being nuked by concord. the rest are just butt hurt barges are harder to kill now, as it has been said to many times to count i'll throw it out there again. The people killing you over and over are not doing it to MAKE money, they are SPENDING money so they can have fun blowing you up. The price complaining is about the prices of PVP boats which is ironically caused by there being less miners creating fewer ships Shocked As far as the buff goes meh, buff them or not the only guys it really effects are highsec miners cause any miner in null with half a brain fits his tank first or dies horribly to belt rats.

The LULZ Boat.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-07-30 22:31:01 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

did you not see earlier how i mentioned i have been playing far longer then you? not trying to brag, i literally keep my eve gaming a secret from every person i know, and without a doubt eve is the biggest waste of my time. that said i dont care to spend time reading posts about game mechanics i was familiar with 5 years ago

You've made it pretty clear several times over that you haven't been playing as long as you're trying to make out.

clamslayer
Doomheim
#57 - 2012-07-30 22:33:46 UTC  |  Edited by: clamslayer
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

no i want players to have to rat their status back up if they want to suicide gank.

would you rather have the ability to solo gank a skiff in a brutix in exchange for having to have positive sec status?

or would you rather have the freedom you do now, and have to bring multiple tornados to gank the same skiff?

I DONT WANT MINING BARGES WITH HALF THE HIT POINTS OF FREIGHTERS IN HIGH SEC

my english is bad..
Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#58 - 2012-07-30 22:39:46 UTC
<--- Trammel

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Tarryn Nightstorm
#59 - 2012-07-30 22:40:12 UTC
clamslayer wrote:
did you not see earlier how i mentioned i have been playing far longer then you?

And I/any of us give a flying ****, because...?

clamslayer wrote:
not trying to brag,

Yes, you are. And failing at it rather hilariously, too.

clamslayer wrote:
i literally keep my eve gaming a secret from every person i know, and without a doubt eve is the biggest waste of my time.

Then why are you still playing? Sounds to me like you need to expand your circles of people people in your RL, by the way :/

clamslayer wrote:
that said i dont care to spend time reading posts about game mechanics i was familiar with 5 years ago

Ah, so you're just a troll, then? Gotcha. (That's against the forum rules, by the way, did you know?)

2/10.

Next!

(Troll thread, lacks content, OP inciting flame-war. Mods, please gas thread, ban OP.)

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-07-30 22:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
clamslayer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
clamslayer wrote:

would you rather have the ability to solo gank a skiff in a brutix in exchange for having to have positive sec status?

or would you rather have the freedom you do now, and have to bring multiple tornados to gank the same skiff?

I DONT WANT MINING BARGES WITH HALF THE HIT POINTS OF FREIGHTERS IN HIGH SEC

my english is bad..

Aww, boo hoo.
I like my freedom just fine the way it is because :sandbox:
I won't have to adapt much to the skiffs EHP, because idiots will still use Hulks with no tank.