These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP should reduce mining, not improve it.

Author
Danks
Fat Angry Toe Tappin Inbreds
#41 - 2012-07-29 11:42:25 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Danks wrote:
Doesn't make sense that you can mine in high sec, wouldn't the empires that own the space need those minerals? You should have to go to 0.0 and claim space if you wanna mine.

Since the day the game launched you could mine in hi sec. No matter how hard and in how many different ways you try you will never force people out of hi sec. If you want to go to null, no one is stopping you.

I see your sarcasm meter is broken.....Ugh
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#42 - 2012-07-29 11:45:44 UTC
Danks wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Danks wrote:
Doesn't make sense that you can mine in high sec, wouldn't the empires that own the space need those minerals? You should have to go to 0.0 and claim space if you wanna mine.

Since the day the game launched you could mine in hi sec. No matter how hard and in how many different ways you try you will never force people out of hi sec. If you want to go to null, no one is stopping you.

I see your sarcasm meter is broken.....Ugh

Not really, it just didn't sound sarcastic and with all the people trying to herd us like cattle into low and null it just sounded like you were another drover Lol
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-07-29 12:20:56 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
I agree. It is disgusting to see ships like this being common sites.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14157789

Revolting. CCP needs to nerf income.

I agree ... ships like that should cost at least 1.3 billion or more. Oh wait ...

I think that limiting income would hurt all the wrong players.
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2012-07-29 12:31:19 UTC
Back in my day, drover's were appreciated, and they loved their cattle.

Occasionally plays sober

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#45 - 2012-07-29 12:58:51 UTC
Jett0 wrote:
Back in my day, drover's were appreciated, and they loved their cattle.

Mooo? What?
Irya Boone
The Scope
#46 - 2012-07-29 13:05:05 UTC
the problem is like op said too much minerals in the universe , Because of lack of F****** big wars and long campaign of war and destructions

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-07-29 13:43:00 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:
the problem is like op said too much minerals in the universe , Because of lack of F****** big wars and long campaign of war and destructions

Maybe there isn't a reason for any big wars to take place? With Tech gone there isn't as much of a reason to fight in nullsec. highsec wars are basically pointless and lowsec is depopulated. So you might want to ask CCP for more reasons to fight instead of a nerf to mining. (The Church of the Highsec Carebear can never be nerfed)

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-07-29 16:50:21 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:

This is more then likely true.

It's lack of destruction that has deflated prices if anything; however, I'm not sure if prices really have deflated due to previous posts show megas for 96mil in 2004.

I've seen the argument, more players means more miners, which means more minerals and lower ship prices. However, more players should mean more demand for ships, which should offset the reduction in ship prices (in theory). The problem seems to be we are not cycling through ships fast enough to counter the increase in minerals from more miners.

More booms and everything will balance out.

James315 for CSM 8!

Dave stark
#49 - 2012-07-29 16:52:41 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Irya Boone wrote:

Maybe there isn't a reason for any big wars to take place? With Tech gone there isn't as much of a reason to fight in nullsec. highsec wars are basically pointless and lowsec is depopulated. So you might want to ask CCP for more reasons to fight instead of a nerf to mining. (The Church of the Highsec Carebear can never be nerfed)

even with tech nobody wanted to fight you for it.
NateX
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-07-29 17:26:30 UTC
Stopped reading at "guilds"
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-07-29 17:40:27 UTC
OP does have a point. I'm a new player who got into the game reading some great stories that happened years ago. Funny thing is, when I read those stories they always talk about something that was blown up and like how OMG expensive and rare it was. Then I check on the price today and realize it's chump change
Dave stark
#52 - 2012-07-29 17:45:08 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
OP does have a point. I'm a new player who got into the game reading some great stories that happened years ago. Funny thing is, when I read those stories they always talk about something that was blown up and like how OMG expensive and rare it was. Then I check on the price today and realize it's chump change

you do realise that a year ago things were cheaper, so ship prices have gone up, so if it's chump change today that means it was pretty much a throw away ship back then because it was almost half the price....
Charles Baker
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-07-29 18:48:38 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:

you do realise that a year ago things were cheaper, so ship prices have gone up, so if it's chump change today that means it was pretty much a throw away ship back then because it was almost half the price....

wasn't just a year ago, one of those threads linked on page two were from 2004 and a guy selling a Geddon for 68 mil, i ain't never seen a Geddon THAT cheap.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-07-29 18:56:32 UTC
Charles Baker wrote:
wasn't just a year ago, one of those threads linked on page two were from 2004 and a guy selling a Geddon for 68 mil, i ain't never seen a Geddon THAT cheap.

I got my first Geddon for 45M over a year ago.
Garreth Vlox
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-07-29 18:58:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Garreth Vlox
Parsee789 wrote:
Back in the days Battleships were half a billion or more expensive. Dreadnoughts were a rare sight to see. T2 items were very expensive due to guilds controlling the limited supply

Nowadays you see every peasant fly Battlecruisers and throw them away like candy. Blobs of Supercapitals are common sight in nullsec.

Mining was once a decent profession, but now it is worth nothing.

The problem is that there is simply too much minerals circulating within the universe.

CCP needs to reduce the supply of minerals, reduce the number of belts within the universe and instead of static belts, it would

be random belts that spawn.

The day will return when ship losses are painful and when Battleships cost a billion.

With lesser belts and random belts, the supply of minerals will drop like a rock, the cost of ships shall rise greatly and it hit the wallets harder when lost.

It will come to a point where even nullsec alliances will have great trouble supplying ships to the massive dumb and illiterate cannon fodders they control and will be forced to cut down on size.

You waited this long to make this rant?? A year ago a cane or drake sold for half or close to half of what they are selling for now and NOW you want to complain about price?

The LULZ Boat.

Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#56 - 2012-07-29 18:59:47 UTC
Parsee789 wrote:
Back in the days Battleships were half a billion or more expensive. Dreadnoughts were a rare sight to see. T2 items were very expensive due to guilds controlling the limited supply

Stopped reading.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#57 - 2012-07-29 21:32:24 UTC
"Guild?'

Roll

0/10.

Next!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2012-07-29 22:05:04 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Irya Boone wrote:

Maybe there isn't a reason for any big wars to take place? With Tech gone there isn't as much of a reason to fight in nullsec.

Riiight... because there were so many big wars with tech...Roll You guys blue anyone who lives by you that may have even the slightest chance of taking away your tech. If anything tech moons make more stagnation, you guys are so scared to lose (tech moons) that you blue any body of equal size to prevent it.
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#59 - 2012-07-29 22:20:22 UTC
that you said guild automaticlly makes you a .........

go back to wow

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-07-29 23:17:37 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:
Op sounds like one of them goon pets. go back to your cage

Well even a goon has made a sarcastic post countering the OP so you can't really put this awful thread on them.

Not the first time they did something like that