These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#5981 - 2012-07-29 11:49:24 UTC
Americe Zane wrote:
terzslave wrote:
edit :@Adalaynne Rohks, sorry Ishtanchuk I'm not skipping you or anything, you just posted yours in before I did.

Preferred your last portrait more because I don't like the facial expression, and oh yes I know what your old portrait looks like..........I've been watching you -_-

7/10 but 9/10 for the one you used to have :)

8/10

Looks like an experienced ship captain that has seen many battles. -2 simply because I don't like the eyes (they kind of creep me out Oops), but they fit you avatar.

I like Americe's appearance, if I were going into a fight I would want someone who looks like you with me. Aside from that the color of the tat really accents the eye colour very well. Its not my style but its cool so 10 at you P
Rakael Kateloda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5982 - 2012-07-29 12:00:55 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:

I like Americe's appearance, if I were going into a fight I would want someone who looks like you with me. Aside from that the color of the tat really accents the eye colour very well. Its not my style but its cool so 10 at you P

A good looking American blond cheerleader ready to go to her regular practice.
Vagilicious
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5983 - 2012-07-29 12:53:45 UTC
Rakael Kateloda wrote:

A good, solid avatar. Well designed, looks like she means business! Nice use of colour and lighting, the lips look very good in particular. I can't really find anything wrong with it! Good job! 10/10
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5984 - 2012-07-29 13:07:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Vagilicious wrote:

Hom... looks like she's cosplaying a undead doll... like the lips but the effect is lost with the scars, they really don't suit. Also the nose is a bit out of proportion, but that ain't easy to fix. Make up is fine, although I would try and dare to use a blue eyeshadow to match the eyes and oppose the ahir and blckground. Kind of unbalanced avatar, will give 7.5/10.

BTW: 300 pages! Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Rakael Kateloda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5985 - 2012-07-29 17:52:23 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

Been in a fight dear? You have some smudges on your face. Otherwise cute enough.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5986 - 2012-07-29 18:11:59 UTC
Rakael Kateloda wrote:

Been in a fight dear? You have some smudges on your face. Otherwise cute enough.

It's called henna. It's something the civilized Khanid use to create temporary tattoos as a way to improve make-up.

Rakael Kateloda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5987 - 2012-07-29 18:31:45 UTC
[quote=Rakael Kateloda][quote=Ishtanchuk Fazmarai]

It's called henna. It's something the civilized Khanid use to create temporary tattoos as a way to improve make-up.

Fair enough. Pity the small img size doesn't show it well though, it does look like two smudges.

Ok based on previous feedback, I've worked on my AV. Anyone care to rate?
Adalynne Rohks
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5988 - 2012-07-29 18:39:22 UTC
I think it's tons better than before. The lighting makes your skin look alot more natural, and you don't have that wierd lip thing going on any more either. The thing I'd consider tweaking is your eye/mouth expression. Maybe change something just slightly enough to give you more expression. Right now the face is kindof a blank stare. 8+/10

Also, this is the avatar I was forced to save about 10 seconds before maintenance, so we'll see how this one goes :-)

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5989 - 2012-07-29 18:45:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Rakael Kateloda wrote:
[quote=Rakael Kateloda][quote=Ishtanchuk Fazmarai]

Fair enough. Pity the small img size doesn't show it well though, it does look like two smudges.

Ok based on previous feedback, I've worked on my AV. Anyone care to rate?

Dunno what feedback you got, but, here I go... make up is overdone, blush is too strong and eyeshadow too dark. They make you look unnecessarily rough, although your traits already are strong. Pose is kind of meaningless and backgorund just fits. Will say 7/10 as the make up needs a lot of smothness and softer colors.

BTW, I usually rate from the 512x512 version, as the small forum avatar is almost useless. The easier way to get the 512 px view is right clicking on picture to open character info in another tab, then use the magnifying glass on the portrait.

@Adalyne: still too dark, the eyes are almost invisible... that light souce is killing you, maybe you should rotate the whole avatar (turn head until face gets the right light, then turn shoulders, then spin the whole avatar to rebuild the pose).

Valerie Tessel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5990 - 2012-07-29 20:01:54 UTC
[Ishtanchuk Fazmarai] Definitely and improvement over many of your recent forays. More formality seems to fit better with that avatar. 7.5/10

Tactical destroyers... I'll take a dozen Gallente, please.

Ami La'belle
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#5991 - 2012-07-29 20:22:52 UTC
Valerie Tessel wrote:
[Ishtanchuk Fazmarai] Definitely and improvement over many of your recent forays. More formality seems to fit better with that avatar. 7.5/10

Elegant and pretty!
Love the eyes, nice use of makeup. There's something missing though... I can't put my finger on it though =/.
Maybe a more natural lipstick, not purple-y colour? Hmm.

8.9/10
:)
Baikur
Doomheim
#5992 - 2012-07-29 20:26:52 UTC
8/10 Best forced smile ever
Bibosikus
Air
#5993 - 2012-07-29 20:52:04 UTC
You have my wife's hair and my daughter's beard.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5994 - 2012-07-29 21:50:23 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:

Hum... looks a bit better than randomized but it¡' easily fogettable and dull. Not a lot of work and not a lot of score, say 6/10, -1 for failing to rate the avatar above it's 5/10.

Caroline Grace
Retrostellar Boulevard
#5995 - 2012-07-29 23:56:42 UTC
@Ishtanchuk

Decent, 8/10.

I'm Caroline Grace, and this is my favorite musical on the Citadel.

Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#5996 - 2012-07-30 01:48:34 UTC
@Caroline

8/10. Really cute and good lighting.
Michelle P1H9A8N1
Intergalactic Better Business Corporation
#5997 - 2012-07-30 02:36:59 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:

8/10 Dont like the freckles...sorry Big smile
Katsumi Kaminari
#5998 - 2012-07-30 03:22:04 UTC
The lighting makes the background look strange. Try making it darker or changing the angle of the light source for a more realistic photo. 7/10

In blossom today, then scattered: Life is so like a delicate flower. How can one expect the fragrance To last forever? - Vice Admiral Ohnishi, Kamikaze Special Attack Force

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#5999 - 2012-07-30 03:32:14 UTC
Katsumi Kaminari wrote:
The lighting makes the background look strange. Try making it darker or changing the angle of the light source for a more realistic photo. 7/10

don't get why would you pierce
lighting is fine , angle is fine
but the background clashes with your character's skin tone , making her look sun burned and .... unappealing
and you don't need to sexualise her by letting her buoyancy tanks fly in the wind
cover it up

6/10

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rakael Kateloda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6000 - 2012-07-30 05:48:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Rakael Kateloda
Ivy Romanova wrote:

Whenever I see your char my first thought is - behind this AV there is a guy.. Noway women display their boobs like that, men are mostly focused on them, for women, having to live with them for a lifetime, they're something taken for granted, a regular part of the body. Going back to the AV itself, that pouting expression is actually cute. The arm is thin and mannequin like tho. 7/10